Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Soooooo no new ops before 2.9

wrathchildd
02.03.2014 , 03:42 PM | #21
The content cycle has felt downright glacial in SWTOR for a good stretch now. They have yet to grasp a fundamental rule that is that elder game content and plenty of it is what keeps games thriving long term.

Swtor is a revenue success for EA atm that much is true. Go take a look at where the lion's share of the revenue is coming from now and more specifically from what part of the playerbase. Then ask yourself whether subscribers and/or raiders fit into that economic priority list.

NIM DF NIM DP should have been launched the day that the SM and HM versions were launched not at some as yet undetermined time months and months after the fact.

Everytime this happens from content cycle to content cycle more of the raider base (and pvp base) goes away. You know the people who want to test the new ops on the pts and see how they work help with feedback etc etc. The community dwindles but the ftp base skyrockets. And all you are left with eventually is a server filled with General Chat that makes your IQ go down just looking at it.

winzhi
02.03.2014 , 04:03 PM | #22
Should we stop speculating and wait for some actual patch notes before making assumptions?

I know, its common sense and that can be extremely hard to utilize on an internet forum.

NoFishing
02.03.2014 , 04:09 PM | #23
So let's speculate on when we might actually see a new operation....

I'm actually growing more pessimistic that we will even see a new op in 2.9. They are hyping 2.8 as their "biggest update up to this point", without a new operation, so it seems likely their August patch would be a minor one.

Plus if we get a Makeb-like expansion this year, do we assume that will raise the level cap again? If so, it will really need to be released with either a new operation, or the current operations re-tuned to the new max level, or both.

So my guess is the October release will be 3.0 with a level cap increase and two new operations.

Mallorik
02.03.2014 , 04:09 PM | #24
I like the challenge of NIM ops but i don't like being stuck doing the same ops for so long, just like before by the time nim DF and DP come out im so burnt out on them i don't want to see them again.

Didn't they learn from TFB and S&V? NIM modes are wasted when their is such a huge gap between hm and NIM and a small gap between NIM and the new ops.

NoFishing
02.03.2014 , 04:12 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by winzhi View Post
Should we stop speculating and wait for some actual patch notes before making assumptions?

I know, its common sense and that can be extremely hard to utilize on an internet forum.
Actually, we are using common sense. Common sense tells us that it will not be viable to release a new SM/HM operation at the same time as DP NiM, because of the gearing issue. We assume only that Bioware realizes the problems this would cause, and will not go down that horrible road.

mastirkal
02.03.2014 , 04:19 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Mallorik View Post
I like the challenge of NIM ops but i don't like being stuck doing the same ops for so long, just like before by the time nim DF and DP come out im so burnt out on them i don't want to see them again.

Didn't they learn from TFB and S&V? NIM modes are wasted when their is such a huge gap between hm and NIM and a small gap between NIM and the new ops.
No. Nightmare mode is supposed to be challenging, hard mode lesser so. What's the point in nightmare if it's only slightly more challenging than hard. It should be on another level just as hard isn't even close to story.
Remari the Sin Tank
*Has a spooky mask*

ML_DoubleTap
02.03.2014 , 04:20 PM | #27
I'd probably end up getting frustrated with this idea in practice cuz I don't do many NiM modes, anyways here goes...

As a way to release new HM tiers along side NiM for previous tier, gearing could be done in a way that the HM drops have a higher rating, but aren't necessarily best in slot. Currently we can buy top rated gear with comms...they often come with lettered items though so they aren't necessarily the best in slot. I could see the new HMs dropping that type of gear, the NiM dropping optimized gear a tier lower and comm gear shifting to lettered versions of NiM stuff.

So, say the next tiers of gear are 81 and 83, the layout would be:
New mythical HM Op - drop set bonus gear with lettered 83s
NiM - drop set bonus unlettered 81s
Comms - buy non-set bonus, lettered 81s

This would require NiM content to get best in slot, but still allow for pretty solid gearing with HMs to help progress on NiM for guilds that aren't on the leading edge. Then, when the NiM of the new mythical HM op drops it would have the unlettered 83s and comms could buy lettered 83s at that point.
<Proper Villians> Rhees Bonkurz

<Army of Light> Tann'se Siir Atone Askar Grills

mastirkal
02.03.2014 , 04:37 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by ML_DoubleTap View Post
I'd probably end up getting frustrated with this idea in practice cuz I don't do many NiM modes, anyways here goes...

As a way to release new HM tiers along side NiM for previous tier, gearing could be done in a way that the HM drops have a higher rating, but aren't necessarily best in slot. Currently we can buy top rated gear with comms...they often come with lettered items though so they aren't necessarily the best in slot. I could see the new HMs dropping that type of gear, the NiM dropping optimized gear a tier lower and comm gear shifting to lettered versions of NiM stuff.

This would require NiM content to get best in slot, but still allow for pretty solid gearing with HMs to help progress on NiM for guilds that aren't on the leading edge. Then, when the NiM of the new mythical HM op drops it would have the unlettered 83s and comms could buy lettered 83s at that point.
Sounds like way too much work and would simpler to release a new raid in 2.9 [Or a new expansion? 3.0?] with higher level gear.
Remari the Sin Tank
*Has a spooky mask*

LegoUniverseBC
02.03.2014 , 04:41 PM | #29
Wow PvErs complaining? So selfish.

TrillOG-
02.03.2014 , 04:42 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by ML_DoubleTap View Post

There is no reason that the people who aren't doing the highest content deserve to have BiS gear. They don't need it.