Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.


GOLANX's Avatar


GOLANX
02.03.2014 , 12:35 AM | #1891
i once ran Foundry SM with my Marauder and had a healer who would only heal the tank, period. now the tank was as i recall fairly decent, but no tank can have an easy time keeping all of the adds focused on him, and me im more than willing to pull Adds off of the healer, my main is a Sin tank and my in your face fighting attitude is great for pulling adds off the healer. i tell the guy repeatedly in chat to heal us DPS, he is doing a great job with the tank and luckily the Tank is good enough that we DPS don't die except when it came to HK-47. the DPS have to keep the adds off of the healer to prevent the healer dieing, or being too busy healing himself. the problem is however that without any heals me and the other DPS cant keep soaking add damage so we get killed by the adds, without us agroing the Adds it causes a wipe. after that i voted to kick the guy, me and the other DPS were pretty pissed and the tank as well knew it was bad for us, rest of it was a breeze with a new healer who knew better.

Deadlynits's Avatar


Deadlynits
02.03.2014 , 02:08 AM | #1892
Quote: Originally Posted by GOLANX View Post
i once ran Foundry SM with my Marauder and had a healer who would only heal the tank, period. now the tank was as i recall fairly decent, but no tank can have an easy time keeping all of the adds focused on him, and me im more than willing to pull Adds off of the healer, my main is a Sin tank and my in your face fighting attitude is great for pulling adds off the healer. i tell the guy repeatedly in chat to heal us DPS, he is doing a great job with the tank and luckily the Tank is good enough that we DPS don't die except when it came to HK-47. the DPS have to keep the adds off of the healer to prevent the healer dieing, or being too busy healing himself. the problem is however that without any heals me and the other DPS cant keep soaking add damage so we get killed by the adds, without us agroing the Adds it causes a wipe. after that i voted to kick the guy, me and the other DPS were pretty pissed and the tank as well knew it was bad for us, rest of it was a breeze with a new healer who knew better.
maybe a word from tank was all it needed? like "heal the other dps as well as they will eventually get atleast aoe damage and cant keep all off you all time and some may slip past my aggro?" something like that. i dont care at all and i heal all usually. only if it comes to such end that dps start pulling ahead and its hard for me to keep all alive. only then i start complaining to dps. but healing dps/tank or me or anyone for that matter in group is what we signed up for. i dont mind dying and i usually wont heal myself until i am around 30-50% health. unless i am pretty sure there is a 50%+ health loss move is about to come from boss

should have just explained him i think, as it will be bad habit to jjust heal tank. and ofcourse he was doing a good job. healing only 1 and/or himself wont need much skill but tank should have spoken imo. we wont continue until you heal others something to make him understand lol
Asuna-sao Sage 55 Darkblow Scoundrel 55 Deathstrikes Sentinal 55 Kiritosw Mercenary 55 Findme Sniper 55 Pubspy Operative 39 Shadowstab Shadow 39 Yuukii Juggernaut 22 Shadygirl Assasin 55 Lazybum Vanguard 55 Darkrage Juggernaut 55
Pillars Of Ashla Ashes Of Ashla

midianlord's Avatar


midianlord
02.03.2014 , 04:28 AM | #1893
I gotta say, maing...

Lost Island [HARD] with a good group wherein all know the fights, and their class/role is a beautiful thing (No, you don't need fully-augmented set-bonussed 78s, all you need is to know, and to obey precisely, the mechanics.)

Yes, even that annoying bonus-boss, dropped like a sack of bricks!

GG guys, nicely-done, and T/Y for group
Guys/Gals, could you please start queuing for real Flashpoints again?

r/DPS 4 life

Spoiler

Tailsfortales's Avatar


Tailsfortales
02.03.2014 , 09:03 AM | #1894
I was leveling my Merc and queued for level 20ish FPs. I got Athiss, and I was heals. I knew it was going to be bad when the tank and other DPS dropped down the long way instead of taking the elevator I sliced, but I usually don't judge by then. Anyways, before the first pull the tank sends me a whisper/tell (he was a jugg) and demanded I give him lead. I asked why and he said he wants the Strength gear that drops in the FP . I responded with, well roll need then. He replied in all caps GIVE ME LEAD. So I said, give me a reason to. He then informed me that strength gear won't drop because I am lead and I'm a merc. I lol'd and said that's not how loot work, bro. We got past the first 2 pulls and some random mob dropped green aim gear and then the tank left. Needless to say ALL of the bosses dropped strength gear. I tried to whisper him back and link the gear but much to my chagrin adding someone to ignore blocks you from whispering them as well. I was sad I was unable to disprove him because I had him on ignore, but whatever. I thought it was hilarious he wanted lead so he could get strength gear that wasn't going to drop otherwise and all the gear save for that 1 aim item was strength gear. Otherwise, it was a smooth run. A few deaths of the Mara pulling stuff by accident, but he apologized and we got done. It's times like these that make me lol really hard.
''In e-spess no one can hear you e-scream unless it's done with proper e-hyperbole and e-hysteria."

Uber_the_Goober's Avatar


Uber_the_Goober
02.03.2014 , 12:05 PM | #1895
Quote: Originally Posted by Tailsfortales View Post
I was leveling my Merc and queued for level 20ish FPs. I got Athiss, and I was heals. I knew it was going to be bad when the tank and other DPS dropped down the long way instead of taking the elevator I sliced, but I usually don't judge by then. Anyways, before the first pull the tank sends me a whisper/tell (he was a jugg) and demanded I give him lead. I asked why and he said he wants the Strength gear that drops in the FP . I responded with, well roll need then. He replied in all caps GIVE ME LEAD. So I said, give me a reason to. He then informed me that strength gear won't drop because I am lead and I'm a merc. I lol'd and said that's not how loot work, bro. We got past the first 2 pulls and some random mob dropped green aim gear and then the tank left. Needless to say ALL of the bosses dropped strength gear. I tried to whisper him back and link the gear but much to my chagrin adding someone to ignore blocks you from whispering them as well. I was sad I was unable to disprove him because I had him on ignore, but whatever. I thought it was hilarious he wanted lead so he could get strength gear that wasn't going to drop otherwise and all the gear save for that 1 aim item was strength gear. Otherwise, it was a smooth run. A few deaths of the Mara pulling stuff by accident, but he apologized and we got done. It's times like these that make me lol really hard.
All unrealistic demands are met with the same "GFURself brohsef" from me.

That guy was a tool.
POT5 COMMANDO - CAPTAIN OBV'IOUS
SENTINEL - PICKLE'JAR

AMONG OTHERS...
See you in the warzones, muppets.

Dontelar's Avatar


Dontelar
02.03.2014 , 12:14 PM | #1896
Quote: Originally Posted by Tailsfortales View Post
I was leveling my Merc and queued for level 20ish FPs. I got Athiss, and I was heals. I knew it was going to be bad when the tank and other DPS dropped down the long way instead of taking the elevator I sliced, but I usually don't judge by then.
I really don't care if someone sliced the elevator. Jumping down and healing is still faster. Even when I have slicing, I don't use it there.

Uber_the_Goober's Avatar


Uber_the_Goober
02.03.2014 , 12:33 PM | #1897
Quote: Originally Posted by Dontelar View Post
I really don't care if someone sliced the elevator. Jumping down and healing is still faster. Even when I have slicing, I don't use it there.
Yeah...not really a good judge of player ability.
POT5 COMMANDO - CAPTAIN OBV'IOUS
SENTINEL - PICKLE'JAR

AMONG OTHERS...
See you in the warzones, muppets.

Deadlynits's Avatar


Deadlynits
02.03.2014 , 12:47 PM | #1898
Quote: Originally Posted by Dontelar View Post
I really don't care if someone sliced the elevator. Jumping down and healing is still faster. Even when I have slicing, I don't use it there.
actually this is quite true and less hastle. as you dont ahve to wait for that person to slice it or for elevator to start functioning and go down.


Had a funny run just now HS HM fp. me scoundrel 69/72 mix. guardian tank 41k. sage 25k sentinal 27k.

First i repaired the drill. but tank was fixated on elite droid, went ahead and jumped. all rushed and killed it. i asked "shortcut?"

no reply. went ahead and started pulling one after the other. i was little pissed since he didnt reply. but thought he might want bonus. so alright.

Droid boss.

Tank: "cleanse me at 5 stacks"

Tank: "or else all"

tank:"die"

me:" i know how to cleanse, dont worry" (i was annoyed by his ways already and no one was in any trouble till now with health")

i cleanse at 4. so i did it at 4. just my way of doing. i know it can be done at 5 but thats my choice. and there was no issue. he didnt dodge small droids 2-3 times. but oh well. i healed it anyway. al lwas fine.

then the los pull next mob. tank went and stood at los place. both dps are peaking at 1strong and 1 weak mob. i sensed trouble, was trying to type los pull. and tank started already. and sage being range. stood there and started dpsing. the 3 strong driods came and ate the sage in 2 seconds. i couldnt heal through that damage.

sage apologised. but i felt it was also tanks fault since a little "los" would have sufficed there.

tank:"stand where tank stands is basic"

me:"los word would have avoided the trouble"

well, then everything went fine and the pulls were one after another without break anyway. but i knew how to save energy and where to spend.

then the 2 champ droids. i cced second 1 right after he started. but sage was attacking it. i kept ccing it. i was determined to keep it cced. (i tend to say, i am ccing it. so dont attack by ccing it again) its bound to go to their head at some point. and since sage was in tele tree. she was ST dps anyway.

tank " stop ccing it"

i understand it doesnt need cc as i can heal through it. but since it was sentinal and tele tree sage and guardian who are all mainly single target dpsers. is it too hard to avoid hitting other? i just dont get it. i can also help burn it down if other is cced and aiming at 1 target with 4 is faster and easier. pfffttt

i was really pissed by that time. until then i was also dpsing as we had little less dps from 2 as it took forever to down torche and other 2 champs before. i stopped caring and just started healing whenever required. (practically did nothing for seconds)

we got 80 bonus kill in next mob. and no one asked for 2 extra elites. we didnt even had to kill the bonus boss. oh well. i didnt bother asking knowing how our tank was very reply friendly.

then the final boss. i went to right. and 2 dps stood in front with tank. tank didnt avoid it either. and "leap frogged to champ" somehow those 2 dodged the spray for my luck. then the fun. when adds came. first they came for me or sage. as we were nearest. if i got adds i used to run to sage to bring her to attention of adds. thefun part is, as soon as she saw adds. she started running away from them and past tank and sentinal and to console area. i was like... arent you supposed to kill them? the poor sentinal ran around and killed them. that sage thought range wont work at near. she used to go far and dps. even the weak 2 adds.

i wonder how she manages to avoid fire in cademimu last boss being ranged at 35m. must be really fun to bath in fire while dpsing.
Asuna-sao Sage 55 Darkblow Scoundrel 55 Deathstrikes Sentinal 55 Kiritosw Mercenary 55 Findme Sniper 55 Pubspy Operative 39 Shadowstab Shadow 39 Yuukii Juggernaut 22 Shadygirl Assasin 55 Lazybum Vanguard 55 Darkrage Juggernaut 55
Pillars Of Ashla Ashes Of Ashla

Dontelar's Avatar


Dontelar
02.03.2014 , 01:11 PM | #1899
Quote: Originally Posted by Deadlynits View Post
then the final boss. i went to right. and 2 dps stood in front with tank. tank didnt avoid it either. and "leap frogged to champ" somehow those 2 dodged the spray for my luck. then the fun. when adds came. first they came for me or sage. as we were nearest. if i got adds i used to run to sage to bring her to attention of adds. thefun part is, as soon as she saw adds. she started running away from them and past tank and sentinal and to console area. i was like... arent you supposed to kill them? the poor sentinal ran around and killed them. that sage thought range wont work at near. she used to go far and dps. even the weak 2 adds.

i wonder how she manages to avoid fire in cademimu last boss being ranged at 35m. must be really fun to bath in fire while dpsing.
Wow, if this was SM, I would understand, but by the time you get to HM, you really should know better. I had a SM Cademimu tank (PT) once who was absolutely certain that if he stood dead center of the room for the final boss, he would be safe from the fire. The healer (Sorc) and the other DPS (Merc) decided to join him. That was a very short fight. My Sniper ended just running into the fire to get it over with.

toha's Avatar


toha
02.03.2014 , 01:31 PM | #1900
Quote: Originally Posted by Deadlynits View Post
actually this is quite true and less hastle. as you dont ahve
*snip*
i wonder how she manages to avoid fire in cademimu last boss being ranged at 35m. must be really fun to bath in fire while dpsing.
I think you meant to say "have".

I would pay to see that Cademimu boss fight with that Sage, Athiss would be another place where I would love to see the 35m range used fully,

Quote: Originally Posted by Dontelar View Post
Wow, if this was SM, I would understand, but by the time you get to HM, you really should know better. I had a SM Cademimu tank (PT) once who was absolutely certain that if he stood dead center of the room for the final boss, he would be safe from the fire. The healer (Sorc) and the other DPS (Merc) decided to join him. That was a very short fight. My Sniper ended just running into the fire to get it over with.
You're not on ToFN by chance? Because I can swear that I saw a PT pull this crap today, lucky for me the Mara didn't listen or my baby Sorc would have followed in the way of your sniper
Quote: Originally Posted by Essence_of_Light View Post
Nobody wants your scams.

And if you spent your time doing this, then you are a fool. Shoo, shoo. Get lost.