Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

These controls...

Ren_simp
12.05.2013 , 12:15 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by GrouchyOldJedi View Post
I play on a dual monitor system. Is there some way to limit the mouse movement to the screen the game is on? That, combined with the sensitivity issues others have mentioned, makes GS particularly problematic for me.
Yeah turn off one of your monitors

Nywyfre
12.05.2013 , 12:20 AM | #42
yes dev. listen to use the mouse should not change the fire line of the gun the gun target should always be center screen I bring my nose around to bear on a target and fire the mouse should not control the gun fire line and the ships movement It was nearly dizzying. another failed attempt at space combat but your getting closer oh while your in the quest sand box it not war zone it (well I suppose both could be good)

Spamfritter
12.05.2013 , 12:36 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by GrouchyOldJedi View Post
I play on a dual monitor system. Is there some way to limit the mouse movement to the screen the game is on? That, combined with the sensitivity issues others have mentioned, makes GS particularly problematic for me.
Agreed. I'd like the mouse cursor to not leave the damn circle area at the very least. The huge trailing line creates huge lag in changing directions.

(Even better, let me lock my cursor permanently with the direction of the ship itself.)

One other issue, I tried to remap some of the keyboard controls like throttle / up and down and it wouldn't actually use the new mappings. It just did nothing.
CE VIP

Hitomo_x
12.05.2013 , 01:10 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Nywyfre View Post
yes dev. listen to use the mouse should not change the fire line of the gun the gun target should always be center screen I bring my nose around to bear on a target and fire the mouse should not control the gun fire line and the ships movement It was nearly dizzying.

there is no Problem with this ...

stay in the inner circle and aim ... move it outside the circle and control the plane

I know what youa re talking about but you can Counter that by anticipating the movment
and countersteer ... its not hard to make a turn and Keep the aim on an ship you are following

if it wouldnt be a bit complicated to achieve this it would be to easy and unchallenging in the Long run

I think its a very cool and star wars appropiate additon to the game, it gives it a whole new aspect

maybe they can tie this more to your character itself but at least you get credits and xp from it
because upgrading the individual components of a ship takes extremly Long
I demand a Requisition boost of some sort ...

Korithras
12.05.2013 , 02:05 AM | #45
The problem isn't so much the mouse controls, (though believe me I would LOVE to be able to use a joystick, feels way more natural) it's the sensitivity of them. Currently there is no option to adjust the sensitivity of the mouse control for space combat and that is a problem that, at least in the short term, would be a big help and a quick fix.

In the meantime a thing the players can do to help themselves it to try and be conscious of the the mouse controls being so sensitive. If you know they're going to make you swing the ship really, really hard, then just use quick but short and rapid movements with your mouse hand. You have to fight the urge to over-correct.

Naose
12.05.2013 , 02:27 AM | #46
No problems with controls, so far. Need more sensibility than usual? Maybe, nothing I found an issue.

Devilart
12.05.2013 , 04:01 AM | #47
That controls is just terrible.
Insieme per la vittoria!

lickyboy
12.05.2013 , 04:07 AM | #48
Mouse to sensitive??

Go to windows>>Cotnrol panel>>Hardware & sound>>mouse. Then select pointer options and slow the mouse speed down with the slider. I slowed my down by one notch and it made a hell of a difference to GS

SWBgHz
02.01.2014 , 01:19 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by lickyboy View Post
Mouse to sensitive??

Go to windows>>Cotnrol panel>>Hardware & sound>>mouse. Then select pointer options and slow the mouse speed down with the slider. I slowed my down by one notch and it made a hell of a difference to GS
It never ceases to amaze me the stupidity of some commenters. Are you really suggesting that alt-tab out of came ti dial mouse sensitivity down then go back in to game (rinse and repeat to preference) and then change back when back out of space is reasonable?

Add sliders for sensitivity and add joystick control and many of the other things mentioned in this thread. Galactic Starfighter as is is fundamentally broken to the point it is hard to imagine any group of DEVs could have let this out the door in such an miserably poor state.
Achiever 60.00%, Socializer 53.00%, Killer 47.00%, Explorer 40.00%
Intel Core i7 Quad, Intel X58 SLi, 6G Corsair XMS DDR3, Intel X-25 SSD, 3 WD Velociraptor SATA SuperTrak SAS EX8650 Array, OCZ 1000W PS, GTX 295, xFi, 32" 1080p LCD, Windows 7 x64/Ubuntu x64