Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The REAL Most Powerful Revisited

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
The REAL Most Powerful Revisited

LadyKulvax
01.31.2014 , 06:42 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
I concur with the new thing too.

Hell, I'd put Surik over Revan too, but I daren't say anything Anti-Revan in front of Beni and Tune...

I joke, I joke
Well as my question in the other thread entailed, if we are talking about command of the Light Side of the Force then i think Surik is the superior, certainly.
Kote! Kandosii sa ka'rta, Vode an.
Battle Honour

Aurbere
01.31.2014 , 06:42 PM | #22
Pfft, out dueled Kenobi and Skywalker at the same time, almost Killed Kenobi, (which threw Anakin into a rage, think it ended in a Force Crush) but yeh, I respected the decision
We all disagree with decisions. And I do mean all.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Aurbere
01.31.2014 , 06:43 PM | #23
I concur with the new thing too.

Hell, I'd put Surik over Revan too, but I daren't say anything Anti-Revan in front of Beni and Tune...

I joke, I joke
I would agree to that, but that won't surprise anyone.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Selenial
01.31.2014 , 06:49 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
Well as my question in the other thread entailed, if we are talking about command of the Light Side of the Force then i think Surik is the superior, certainly.
It's overall force power, (Which makes no sense, because Revan was neither a Jedi, or Light Side, so being based on LS makes more sense) but still, even overall, I think Surik just about passed him.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away from… save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Aurbere
01.31.2014 , 06:57 PM | #25
It's overall force power, (Which makes no sense, because Revan was neither a Jedi, or Light Side, so being based on LS makes more sense) but still, even overall, I think Surik just about passed him.
I feel that should be obvious.

Selenial
01.31.2014 , 07:03 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I feel that should be obvious.
Apparently not.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away from… save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Aurbere
01.31.2014 , 07:05 PM | #27
Apparently not.
I'll let you argue it. My only concern is getting Saba booted off the list.

tunewalker
01.31.2014 , 10:17 PM | #28
Enlightenment isnt what it is in game, no, it's a new level of power entirely.

Doesn't mean we have to discuss Corran Horn, Tutaminis is a relatively unknown feat, we don't know how much power you need to perform it, but we know Force Sever takes massive energy, which is why it's a bonus for Surik.

As for the Malachor thing, the Triumvirate weren't negatively affected. Thing is, Sion wasn't overly powerful just a great Duelist, wheras Surik was a fantastic duelist.

Traya was on top of Surik in terms of force ability, but she couldn't use Force Drain. Surik kept her on the defensive using her superior Saber Skills, but couldnt attack with the Force because she didn't want to Kill Traya, instead, she severed her from the force, so basically... She out Dueled Traya, that's it.

At least, that's how I saw it.
Tutaminis is the reason why we have put people like Revan and Sateele on even footing with Saba for Control to begin with because its understood you need about equal power to the enemy to use it. Corran Horns displays of Tutaminis easily outstrip even Revan, but he cant TK at all because thats just his natural enemy. Saba is stronger then he is, my point is Natural Talents ARENT indicative of the Force Users power as abilities they are Naturally better with generally go above and beyond their USUAL level of skill and power.

The other problem is if Surik was able to beat both of these people being powered by the most powerful Dark side Nexus where she was feeling the Nauseating effects of and able to win in that condition and yet still lose to Nyriss on LESS powerful Nexus where she was feeling the Effects far LESS then there is no reason what so ever to conclude that Nyriss isnt straight more powerful then her, Nor is there any reason to conclude that every member of the Dark Council is in fact more powerful then any member of the Triumviate baring MAYBE Nyhlis. Traya has Force Lightning, she has Force Speed and she has Force Valor and the ability to augment herself Physically. If she was pulling on that Nexus and is as powerful as you guys claim while Meetra was Nauseous from it then she should have easily beaten Meetra in the same way Nyriss did. As it stands i see NO reason what so ever to conclude she was stronger in KoToR II then she was when she faced Nyriss. In fact it sounds to reverse that she was in a worse state when she faced Traya then when she faced Nyriss.

Aurbere
01.31.2014 , 10:18 PM | #29
OK, I decided to go ahead with my Obi-Wan post.

Obi-Wan Kenobi doesn’t get the respect he deserves simply because his Force defenses are not as impregnable as his lightsaber defense. I don’t care if no one listens to me, but I have to say something.

Obi-Wan Kenobi was much more powerful than he is given credit for. His mastery of Force Valor, for instance, was beyond impressive. While his physical fortitude could be attributed to his own physical capabilities, it is very clear that his strength in Force Valor was what kept him going after taking brutal beatings from the likes of Durge (you know, the guy that dunked a Jedi Master in lava and was practically laughing about it).

During the mission to Ohma-D’un, Obi-Wan Kenobi was given a concussion (an assumption on my part, but his skill was cracked) by Durge’s electric bola and then almost drowned by the Gen’Dai. He then fought Asajj Ventress and a group of undead Gungans while also suffering from a deadly chemical that was quite literally melting him, as noted by Master Glaive here:

Quote: Originally Posted by A New Face of War
”Obi-Wan, I don’t know how much I have left… it’s taking all my strength just to keep my lungs from melting.”
In another example of Force Valor, Obi-Wan suffered from weeks of torture at the hands of Asajj Ventress on Rattatak, where he was subjected to maggot infestations, verbal taunts, and all kinds of physical torture. At the same time his ability to use the Force was impeded by a Sith mask that disrupted his ability to concentrate. After being freed he was able to overpower two mercenaries and engage Ventress again, this time he more than held his own and even appeared to be winning before fleeing with Alpha.

He could even boost his physical strength to the point that he could bend steel with his bare hands.

(If this argument continues for another week or so, I should have more evidence to support this area)

Kenobi was a master of Tutaminis, using it to deflect many different kinds of attacks, including fire, projectiles, and barrages of blaster fire with his bare hands. Even though Force lightning was not in his ability to defend against, he was still a master of the ability.

Obi-Wan was also a master of the Jedi Mind Trick, unlocking many abilities such as Dominate Mind and Beast Trick, the latter he used to manipulate multiple beasts with some concentration.

His mastery of Force Sense was also incredible. As noted in the Revenge of the Sith novelization, he could feel everything around him including people, droids, and even the fabric of the Chancellor’s clothing.

Kenobi’s offensive abilities were also incredibly powerful.

He was a master of telekinesis, mastering it to its highest levels. His Force Pushes were exceptionally powerful. He could even match Darth Vader with his strength in this ability (Vader, it should be noted, was considered one of the most powerful Force users of the era and galactic history). This is beyond impressive. Further, he mastered Force Push to the point that he could use Force Repulse with ease. He has also used Force Crush on multiple occasions.

His ability to move objects ranged from the manipulation of many small objects or the movement of incredibly heavy objects with ease. On multiple occasions he has moved starfighters with little difficulty. The first was during the Battle of Kamino (when he was a mere Jedi Knight at the time). His starfighter had been shot down and he was plummeting towards the ocean. With little difficulty, Kenobi used the Force to adjust his craft’s flight path to land it safely in the water (it should also be noted that an alternate result ended with Kenobi’s death, as predicted by Anakin Skywalker). The second was later during the war when he moved another starfighter with little difficulty.

Kenobi was also able to manipulate cybernetics, as he showed against Darth Vader on Mustafar.

There! I’ve said my piece, now let the chips fall where they may.

On a side-note, Sel, you read the Jabiim series, right?

tunewalker
01.31.2014 , 10:25 PM | #30
Looks to me like Ya Kenobi has Valor feats on Par with that of Saba, but Saba beats him in Sense and is on a similar Level of TK. All-in-all they are pretty darn close all things considered. I am questioning Meetra's spot right now as the Triumviate is for me now being put under a giant micro scope and arent measuring up to what I remember them as from the game, thanks to some of these quotes from the Novel.