Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why Does Every Important Imperial Character Die?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Why Does Every Important Imperial Character Die?

Karkais
01.22.2014 , 04:33 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by CheesecakeCzar View Post
Like seriously, every Imperial Character that I learned about in the comics and the novels died. Malgus, Baras, Angral, and Thanaton played important roles in various media just to die in somebody's class story, or for Malgus, a flashpoint. Then they also killed Kilran and replaced him with somebody incredibly boring. Also, approximately half of the Dark Council dies. The Emperor also gets his arse handed to him. What is with this? All we are left with is Darth Marr (the boy who lived) and the rather dull Grand Moff Ilyan Regus. Why can't the Empire have some interesting characters, besides the player characters themselves? It just makes the Empire a much less interesting faction.
Darth Marr is still there, and will probably continue to be for some time.
"Their strength became my own. Their minds became my own. All flesh is my flesh. None move, save I will it. This is the rule the Sith were promised, and I have made it real!"
- From the codex of Karness Muur

LordGarmaZabi
01.26.2014 , 09:32 AM | #12
Like seriously, every Imperial Character that I learned about in the comics and the novels died. Malgus, Baras, Angral, and Thanaton played important roles in various media just to die in somebody's class story, or for Malgus, a flashpoint. Then they also killed Kilran and replaced him with somebody incredibly boring. Also, approximately half of the Dark Council dies. The Emperor also gets his arse handed to him. What is with this? All we are left with is Darth Marr (the boy who lived) and the rather dull Grand Moff Ilyan Regus. Why can't the Empire have some interesting characters, besides the player characters themselves? It just makes the Empire a much less interesting faction.
I've always seen Baras and Thanaton as being representative of elements of the Empire that needed to be removed were it to have a chance of winning.
Sieg Zeon !

Darth_Wicked
01.26.2014 , 12:54 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by LordGarmaZabi View Post
I've always seen Baras and Thanaton as being representative of elements of the Empire that needed to be removed were it to have a chance of winning.
Thanaton I agree with; Baras, not so much, if only he did the Galaxy a favor by...
Spoiler
Click here for a FREE character transfer and 7 days of subscription ( Referral Link FAQ )
Quote: Originally Posted by CAUTION: CANNOT VERIFY SOURCE
I realized that the Empire destroys people.
Our once-great society runs on human fuel and serves no purpose beyond ego.

LordGarmaZabi
01.26.2014 , 08:14 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
Thanaton I agree with; Baras, not so much, if only he did the Galaxy a favor by...
Spoiler
While Baras was efficient at what he does, he places his own advancement above the well being of the Empire. While not unusual for a Sith, it's that sort of thing that usually leads to the defeat of the various incarnations of the Sith. His, and Thanaton's idiocy cost the Empire Corellia if you ask me.
Sieg Zeon !

Bleeters
01.26.2014 , 10:37 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaisernick View Post
If anything their deaths make way for new major characters, the moff or admiral chick that's going to be in the KDY FP looks interesting.
Perhaps, but so far any new characters introduced more or less since launch have been content to show up once for some quest chain segment or whatever then disappear completely.

RommelESP
01.31.2014 , 08:57 AM | #16
The Moff Regus part is funny because:
(CAUTION: spoiler of future content not announced yet )
Spoiler
Dark Requiem - Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Rommelesp / Keitelesp / Zhukovesp / Nimitzesp / Guderianesp / Rundstedtesp
Dark-Requiem - Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Mansteinesp / Vasilevskiesp / Konevesp / Eisenhoweresp / Macarthuresp / Pattonesp

Darth_Wicked
01.31.2014 , 09:39 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by RommelESP View Post
The Moff Regus part is funny because:
(CAUTION: spoiler of future content not announced yet )
Spoiler
Spoiler
Click here for a FREE character transfer and 7 days of subscription ( Referral Link FAQ )
Quote: Originally Posted by CAUTION: CANNOT VERIFY SOURCE
I realized that the Empire destroys people.
Our once-great society runs on human fuel and serves no purpose beyond ego.

Ausstig
02.02.2014 , 10:43 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
Spoiler
So we still have THAT to look forward to.....

joy
Have Force lightning will travel

Sadishist
02.03.2014 , 05:55 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by LordGarmaZabi View Post
While Baras was efficient at what he does, he places his own advancement above the well being of the Empire. While not unusual for a Sith, it's that sort of thing that usually leads to the defeat of the various incarnations of the Sith. His, and Thanaton's idiocy cost the Empire Corellia if you ask me.
Actually it was Zash who was doing trying to self advance when she got Skotia killed, not Thanaton. Thanaton just did what he did to punish Zash and those who served under her (including SI).
A fearful enemy is at his most dangerous.

The Fallen Lords of The Bastion
Juggernaut: Sadishist Sorcerer: Drellion

LordGarmaZabi
02.06.2014 , 03:59 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Sadishist View Post
Actually it was Zash who was doing trying to self advance when she got Skotia killed, not Thanaton. Thanaton just did what he did to punish Zash and those who served under her (including SI).
Thanaton's brand of idiocy was clinging to out dated traditions.
Sieg Zeon !