Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Looks like a big point of TOR has been destroyed...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Looks like a big point of TOR has been destroyed...

Liamo
01.30.2014 , 06:50 AM | #1
....information on the last episodes of The Clone Wars has come in. Looks like the Sith origin world is NOT Korriban, but a world called Moriband. The descriptions are just like Korriban so it seems like an FU to fans, imo.
If you want some semi-spoliers on the descriptions of the episodes head here http://jedinews.co.uk/default.aspx
You'll need to scroll down but it's all there.

Darth_Wicked
01.30.2014 , 08:59 AM | #2
Fairly obvious to assume that someone wanted to write Korriban and wrote "Moriband" instead, either because he or she is incompetent or the "M" and "K" on the keyboard are too close - for example - and said individual couldn't be bothered to fix it.

Maybe some more potent stuff was involved as well, at the sound of Led Zeppelin or Jefferson Airplane.
Click here for FREE unlocks ( Referral Link )
Quote: Originally Posted by Leftenant Davrill elaborates on his strategy
The battle for Balmorra can only be won with blood, sweat and tears: our sweat, their blood and tears.

Apophis_
01.30.2014 , 10:01 AM | #3
It's really hard for me to belive that.

They can't take Korriban from SWTOR/KotOR and rename it. We saw concept arts and Korriban looked exactly like the current version from SWTOR. By doing this, changing basic lore so much... it's like a punch in faces of all Star Wars fans. I don't like this idea and I still hope that we will see both Korriban AND Moriband, or it will be explained somehow, or it's just an error.
Three mains: Thimburd (Guardian Tank) | Drobinka (Sage DPS) | Thimi (Scoundrel Healer)
Soulwaker Legacy in <Hoth Beaches> private guild (me + irl friends) on ToFN server
Living Legend, Founder, Wing Commander, S-1 All-Star
I love PvP. I love Star Wars. I love the Old Republic era.

Adaliaya
01.30.2014 , 10:12 AM | #4
Maybe Moriband is Korriban in some other language:-/ they sound same. Or someone just typed wrong.

Bejarid
01.30.2014 , 10:15 AM | #5
We could well be seeing the first in a very long line of face-slapping rewrites and edits in Disney making its new canon. Considering that Korriban was established as the homeworld of the Sith long before even KoTOR was ever imagined, this is cause for great concern amongst the community.

No matter what, dark times lay ahead.

DarthDymond
01.30.2014 , 10:23 AM | #6
Clarification added since the original post:
Quote:
Here's some confirmation from our friend Christoph Wolf over in Germany regarding the potential confusion over a planet name listed for the forthcoming Lost Missions episodes of The Clone Wars.

We got in touch with Super RTL to specifically ask them about the Moriband thing, and here's what their spokesman said.

"We have kept to the text presets given to us by Disney / Lucasfilm. To be on the safe side, we just took a second look at the original English text, and there it definitely says 'Moriband'."

So unless you want to believe that either Disney / Lucasfilm is trolling innocent German TV channels or that I am trolling innocent international fan sites (which sounds like a good idea for April 1st, BTW ;-)), Moriband is the real deal.
laaaaaame.... but then again Korriban, Ziost and Dromund Kaas have all been called the "Homeworld" of the Sith at various times, so really, what's one more?
Given the choice whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the fates for another throw, a better throw, against one's destiny, what was a king to do?
But does one ever truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars.
~Kain

RAZIM
01.30.2014 , 10:33 AM | #7
It's hard to know for sure until the whole story is released.

Much like Kamino and Nathema were removed from star charts, I'm sure someone could have replaced Korriban's name and history in order to hide its true identity from the Jedi and preserve its future.

Quote:
"Nathema? I've never heard of it."
"Once it went by another name, but that name has long been forgotten… just like the planet itself. The Emperor erased Nathema from the history books and the astrogation charts to hide all evidence of his crimes."
―Scourge and Darth Nyriss

Apophis_
01.30.2014 , 10:53 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Bejarid View Post
We could well be seeing the first in a very long line of face-slapping rewrites and edits in Disney making its new canon. Considering that Korriban was established as the homeworld of the Sith long before even KoTOR was ever imagined, this is cause for great concern amongst the community.

No matter what, dark times lay ahead.
Script for Season 6/Bonus Conent was written few years ago and it will be Lucas's fault if Korriban's name will be changed.
Three mains: Thimburd (Guardian Tank) | Drobinka (Sage DPS) | Thimi (Scoundrel Healer)
Soulwaker Legacy in <Hoth Beaches> private guild (me + irl friends) on ToFN server
Living Legend, Founder, Wing Commander, S-1 All-Star
I love PvP. I love Star Wars. I love the Old Republic era.

Bejarid
01.30.2014 , 01:34 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Apophis_ View Post
Lucas's fault
I'm good with laying the blame solely on him, too; personally, this whole new Clone Wars series has been nothing but a pile of retconned crap form its very inception. Hell, anything outside the actual films (and even much within them - stop editing to classics!) in which Lucas has had a hand in these last several years has been garbage as far as I'm concerned.

Beniboybling
01.30.2014 , 01:37 PM | #10
This must be a typo, surely. I don't believe this is not a typo.

THIS HAS TO BE A BLOODY TYPO.