Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

toha
01.29.2014 , 07:44 PM | #1871
Quote: Originally Posted by Deadlynits View Post
one question though. which server lol? because i was pissed today a bit.. went to balmorraa and taris and killed grandfather and ancient one. then starts my issue. quesh, tatooine(2 instances), narshaddaa(2 instances),alderaan(2 instances). no freeking WB found. then went back too nar shaddaa and logged out. have to go back to get my kills lol

also, sorry for hijacking thread. lets get back to funny stories ;p
ToFN, and we had the same issue on Quesh, so that's not on us

Yes let's get back to the stories with the funnyz, and the creepiez and the butter-snackers
Quote: Originally Posted by Essence_of_Light View Post
Nobody wants your scams.

And if you spent your time doing this, then you are a fool. Shoo, shoo. Get lost.

Trooperclay
01.29.2014 , 09:29 PM | #1872
S*** happens on group finder lol
For a thousand generations, the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic. Before the dark times... before the Empire...

Teraskas
01.30.2014 , 06:56 AM | #1873
Just had another dramatic experienced.

Logged in, did some Czerka dailies and Core Meltdown on normal difficulty.
I requeue and get placed in HM Core Meltdown.
Assassin tank with 34K HP, Merc DPS with 32K-ish health, Myself PT Dps with 28.5k-ish health, and lastly a Sorc heals with 23K health.

We clear the trash mobs and finally arrive at the Vrbithr boss.
Both dps open up with death from above, etc.
I apply the standard tactics of nuking the adds as fast as possible so they don't swarm our healer.
Tank starts taking a lot of damage and heals is having a lot of trouble trying to keep up with his health loss.
Tank dies, boss aggro's me (Why he never even went for the Merc, I have no clue tbh.), I start losing health rapidly, healer manages to get a battle rez off. The tank recovers to around 40% but is hit by the boss' groundpound stun.
Starts taking a lot more damage than expected, once again heals is having trouble managing all our health at once.
I pop my explosive fuel buff and the other related ones and down the boss, only to be met with a snide comment from our tank 'Wow, you guys took way too long.' (He spelled it as 'to' instead of 'too', thus the correction.)

After that horrific experience, we continue to the Sanddemon boss.
This is where everything just went belly up.
We open the traditional way, start dpsing him. Generator pops right at the bottom of the stairs.
He goes into rampage mode and smashes it, whilst being around 75%ish health.
Tank brings him towards the middle in order to gets a birds-eye view of the next generator that'll spawn.
For no reason, the tank once again, unexpectedly starts taking a lot of damage.
And yet again our Sorc healer has monumental issues trying to keep up with the spike damage.
Needless to say, the tank goes down, boss turns to me yet AGAIN, I know at this point it's a hopeless battle as at 63% I'll never be able to win from it.
I do down, Merc dps goes down 3 seconds after that.
Sorc goes down in 2 hits.

We respawn, try again, same result.
The tank is complaining that we're not going enough damage. (I'm mostly in 162-168 gear with the exception of a 156 chest, while the Merc DPS was only 200 ahead of me in the Aim stat and still wearing at least 3-4, 156 pieces)
Then I inspect our healer, and it was as I feared. Green lightsaber, green 114 belt, of the 156 stuff she old had 2, lvl 41 earpiece, etc.)
After this wipe the Tank once again rages that we're not doing enough dps.
(I knew my class and rotations compared to some in that group so it wasn't exactly a L2P issue.)
Merc DPS drops the group, I requeue us, we get a Merc dps again, 35.7k-ish health.
Comment from the tank 'FINALLY someone who can do Dps.' obviously pointing out me in an indirect way as I was the only DPS left prior to him joining.
I hadn't said anything during that entire FP, nor post-wipes.
At that time I was just fed up, and commented before porting out and leaving: 'Quit your crying fool. My dps is just fine.'

Long story short, once again a scenario where someone with inadequate gear queues up for a 55HM.
The day before that, I came across something similar: HM FE with a Shadow tank around 14kish health still rocking 40-44 armorings. The day before that it was a DPS Shadow using tanking stance because 'It gave him more armorz.'
Honestly, this isn't rocket science by a long shot, is it really THAT hard to know your class and upgrade your gear ?
I swear to god, most who queue think the rating requirement is just a tip/hint rather than an actual guideline.
8 Year SWG Veteran
Shadowfire server

Deadlynits
01.30.2014 , 07:37 AM | #1874
HS fp. sin tank ,sin dps ,me sniper, merc heals
damn it. wish SWTOR had a mechanism to just give loot to one who needed it who actually needs it for their gear. like cunning gear for a sniper rather than an assassin dps. i mean. i lost 3 loot. vibroknife sniper rifle and chest. wish they have a fix on this via system. he was f2p and kept needing it even after explaining everything >.>

and ofc assassin needs those. so he won all 3 cunning gear which were upgrade for me.
Asuna-sao Sage 55 Darkblow Scoundrel 55 Deathstrikes Sentinal 55 Kiritosw Mercenary 55 Findme Sniper 55 Pubspy Operative 39 Shadowstab Shadow 39 Yuukii Juggernaut 22 Shadygirl Assasin 55 Lazybum Vanguard 55 Darkrage Juggernaut 55
Pillars Of Ashla Ashes Of Ashla

Reallynotaknight
01.30.2014 , 02:47 PM | #1875
Quote: Originally Posted by Teraskas View Post
Just had another dramatic experienced.

Logged in, did some Czerka dailies and Core Meltdown on normal difficulty.
I requeue and get placed in HM Core Meltdown.
Assassin tank with 34K HP, Merc DPS with 32K-ish health, Myself PT Dps with 28.5k-ish health, and lastly a Sorc heals with 23K health.

(edited out the core text)
I swear I had a core meltdown run like that the other day on my dps powertech. The shadow tank insisted on guarding the healer, who of course only had a little over 20k life. Healer accidentally qued for hard mode, I did this drunk once on a healer so I understand. I noticed that I was stripping aggro quickly on the elite droids on the way to the first boss and mentioned to the tank that he should guard me, or I really would have to pull back the dps so he could lead the generator smashing boss around. He agrees, I don't figure we will be able to do it with the healer but I am willing to give anyone a shot.

The healer couldn't keep up and we wipe, when we respawn he puts the guard back on the healer, and without a word pulls the boss again. I rip aggro quickly, even using my aggro dump and waiting 4 globals before attacking. I was like the moment I hit my third move the boss was on me, and the tank didn't notice and started running to the first generator. I pulled the boss up there, but with all of us stacked in the boss's smash we die again. Tank rages on us for following him and quits. Me and the merc dps stick around a bit but saw no replacement coming for the two and left. First and only hardmode I have failed so far, I guess I have been really lucky.

Sivar
01.30.2014 , 03:07 PM | #1876
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinalle View Post
Obviously, you have never experienced one of those big lag spikes. I don't know if it is server specific or if it can happen on all servers.
- You can get up to 17000ms latency (not sure if it goes higher, 17k is highest I've ever experienced)
- You can move within small area when you're lagging but you can't do anything.
- You can hear all the noises and sounds around you but nothing moves around your character.
- You can go from full HP to zero HP when game updates again. Depending on latency and how long it will take to kill your character.
- Worst thing about it is that latency can drop to normal level at some point and game seems to work well again for a short time until it starts again.
Yeah I've seen terrible lag before, and experienced it before too (ever played WoW on dial-up? I have, lol), but there are tell-tale signs that a person is lagging and when they're BSing you because they have no idea what they're doing and this person gave all the signs that something was up with him and not his connection.
The Nyris Legacy
Jedi Covenant

cxten
01.30.2014 , 04:43 PM | #1877
Quote: Originally Posted by Reallynotaknight View Post
I swear I had a core meltdown run like that the other day on my dps powertech. The shadow tank insisted on guarding the healer, who of course only had a little over 20k life.
For sure undergeared healers often can't do it, but I'd like to speak up in their support some: I've had some very good 20k-ish healers in HM's, including a sage a while ago (pre 78's, so it wasn't a total carry or anything) just a shade over 20k who really kept us topped off the whole way through Cademimu. He didn't even have any purple 58's! Core Meltdown is tougher, but I've seen 23k healers do fine even without a terribly overgeared tank.

I think if the low-20's-k healer has just leveled up and is new, you're likely in for a rough time. But if someone is experienced, having healed on other characters or in other games (or just new but good) it can be fine. There's a large skill difference in healers you'll find in group finder/pugs.

Sure, 20-23k is undergeared for these, and maybe you shouldn't be subjecting the people in group finder to your healing practice, but I'm in support of undergeared players trying things and seeing what they can do! (But I also think it's reasonable to ask them if they think they're up for it, and to say you're going to have to look for another healer if it's clearly not working.)

basarix
01.30.2014 , 05:49 PM | #1878
Quote: Originally Posted by cxten View Post
For sure undergeared healers often can't do it, but I'd like to speak up in their support some: I've had some very good 20k-ish healers in HM's, including a sage a while ago (pre 78's, so it wasn't a total carry or anything) just a shade over 20k who really kept us topped off the whole way through Cademimu. He didn't even have any purple 58's! Core Meltdown is tougher, but I've seen 23k healers do fine even without a terribly overgeared tank.

I think if the low-20's-k healer has just leveled up and is new, you're likely in for a rough time. But if someone is experienced, having healed on other characters or in other games (or just new but good) it can be fine. There's a large skill difference in healers you'll find in group finder/pugs.

Sure, 20-23k is undergeared for these, and maybe you shouldn't be subjecting the people in group finder to your healing practice, but I'm in support of undergeared players trying things and seeing what they can do! (But I also think it's reasonable to ask them if they think they're up for it, and to say you're going to have to look for another healer if it's clearly not working.)
coincidentally i was in this situation last monday night, during my guild's flashpoint mondays, recently got my ops healer to 55 and she's mostly in 156's with one or two 140s and one or two 162s i've run healers in many MMOs and i know how to heal (also got a 55 merc healer), i've been healing HMs this last week or two to get her gear for ops nights (she's successfully healed NiM EV/KP and most other HM FPs but we then got into Core Meltdown, and i have to say, there was no way i could heal thru the desert sandstorm fight. she's got 24.7k hp and she was going down before we got to the generators once they popped. we wiped a few times, and i told my guildies that it wasn't happening, they all insisted it wasn't my fault or anything, but it clearly was me being undergeared. To me it wasn't fair to keep enlarging their repair bills just to try to make me feel better.

i have to say though, for the hardcore healer, there is nothing more frustrating to see ppl die on your watch when they not doing anything wrong (dps jumping before tank, etc).

AbsolutGrndZero
01.30.2014 , 09:18 PM | #1879
Quote: Originally Posted by Deadlynits View Post
HS fp. sin tank ,sin dps ,me sniper, merc heals
damn it. wish SWTOR had a mechanism to just give loot to one who needed it who actually needs it for their gear. like cunning gear for a sniper rather than an assassin dps. i mean. i lost 3 loot. vibroknife sniper rifle and chest. wish they have a fix on this via system. he was f2p and kept needing it even after explaining everything >.>

and ofc assassin needs those. so he won all 3 cunning gear which were upgrade for me.
Yeah, with how they copied most of it from another game in the first place, they need to copy the rest.. Make it so if you aren't a cunning based PLAYER you cannot roll need on a cunning item, only greed.
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain

TheDuge
01.31.2014 , 01:41 AM | #1880
I'm always amazed at low level FPs and the people that are in there. When I'm leveling an alt and queue for below level 30 FPs I almost always get bad players. The worst kind of players are actually the ones who are bad, but think they know it all and refuse to listen to advice. The fact that I'm leveling a dps right now just makes this worse. I wait for an hour for the GF to pop, then I get a bad tank who won't listen to advice, and I can't do anything, I have to get along, because if they kick me or quit I'm in for another 1 hour wait.
Yesterday, Red Reaper, we get a guardian tank and a commando healer. Tank and healer wants us to attack the tanks initial target only. I point out that this is not going to work, since all the other mobs will go for the healer this way. No one listens, so I play along just to prove a point. We pull (we even CC some of the mobs) we kill the targets one by one, but as expected the other mobs go for the healer in the meantime and he dies. I do some offhealing and we survive somehow. After the fight I point out that this is exactly what I was talking about, but on the next pull they still expect the dps to do the same. The healer was basically tanking throughout the whole FP,. And I have to play along, cause if I get kicked or leave it's another hour of waiting for me.
I queue for RR again then and I get the same healer, who is demanding the same tactics again. And he is tanking again throughout the whole FP and dying a lot of course.