Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Ranked PVP (rewards) and Bioware their support

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Ranked PVP (rewards) and Bioware their support

Nempo's Avatar


Nempo
01.29.2014 , 05:25 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
Opinion.
Actually...fact.
It takes far more skill to know when to use something than it does to just have some passive boost randomly apply to you. Hence why active dodging/active defense games (GW2 for example...manually dodge and manually block..NO PASSIVE DEFENSE) take far more skill to pvp in. The more passive buffs/defenses you have the less skill is involved. It is rather the definition of skilled gameplay by making everything manual and nothing automated.
"I am not driven by hatred. I am not driven by fear.
I am not driven by desire, duty, or any rationale. I can no longer feel any of these.
All that remains is Retribution; Cold and hard and final..."

Nempo - Gray Jedi

Infernixx's Avatar


Infernixx
01.29.2014 , 05:47 PM | #12
Why on earth would they need more incentives to do something that they claim that they enjoy doing?

I do FPs constantly even though I need nothing from them, including Elite comms. Mostly, I do them with friends and guildies.

Likewise, the only reason I do SM stuff is for the comms. The gear is usually worthless to me at this point, and again, I do them with my guildies.

Maybe instead of asking for even 'more' rewards, you just accept that Ranked PVP isn't as enticing as people seem to want to believe that it is.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

cycao's Avatar


cycao
01.29.2014 , 05:59 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Infernixx View Post
Maybe instead of asking for even 'more' rewards, you just accept that Ranked PVP isn't as enticing as people seem to want to believe that it is.
I don't think anyone wants more. Just to know what kind of rewards you can expect if you do arenas. Also increase insentives for arenas like daily/weekly or how ranked comms are earned.

You're 100% correct, ranked PvP is not enticing.

Reno_Tarshil's Avatar


Reno_Tarshil
01.29.2014 , 06:07 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Nempo View Post
Actually...fact.
It takes far more skill to know when to use something than it does to just have some passive boost randomly apply to you. Hence why active dodging/active defense games (GW2 for example...manually dodge and manually block..NO PASSIVE DEFENSE) take far more skill to pvp in. The more passive buffs/defenses you have the less skill is involved. It is rather the definition of skilled gameplay by making everything manual and nothing automated.
Opinion. You may think it takes more skill, but that's just your opinion.
The Ragestar Legacy
[Living Legend]
"Deal with it."
http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuffs

cycao's Avatar


cycao
01.29.2014 , 06:16 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
Opinion. You may think it takes more skill, but that's just your opinion.
Lol. Look, having that RNG relic proc can mean everything in a PvP. It's the difference between winning a 1v1 and successfully defending your node or losing it. It's the difference between getting that big heal onto a team prolonging an attack. It's the difference in finishing off a target while their healer remains CCed. A system which grants a massive stat boost for 6 seconds which is random is stupid. I also think that adding on demand relics is stupid also, at least in the game as it is today with how much damage classes can rattle off in a few globals.

They need to bring back static stat relics. It was more balanced then and offer a huge advantage over RNG relics mainly because static relics never helped ruin PvP.

cycao's Avatar


cycao
01.29.2014 , 06:22 PM | #16
It's like saying you're good at this game if you opened up a champion bag and got a weapon or a token for BM.

stealthrider's Avatar


stealthrider
01.29.2014 , 06:35 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Infernixx View Post
Why on earth would they need more incentives to do something that they claim that they enjoy doing?

I do FPs constantly even though I need nothing from them, including Elite comms. Mostly, I do them with friends and guildies.

Likewise, the only reason I do SM stuff is for the comms. The gear is usually worthless to me at this point, and again, I do them with my guildies.

Maybe instead of asking for even 'more' rewards, you just accept that Ranked PVP isn't as enticing as people seem to want to believe that it is.
So you're saying the only reason you do SM stuff is because you get a reward from it? Interesting.

Quote:
Opinion. You may think it takes more skill, but that's just your opinion.
RNG by its very definition involves no skill at all, nor any input on the part of the player. It happens by itself, at random. Again, no input whatsoever. Purely luck-based. No input. Player doesn't need to do anything and cannot do anything to affect the chance of the proc. No input. Nothing. The player could go AFK and the relics would still proc. NO INPUT AT ALL.

Have I made that clear? No skill. None at all.
 /l、
(゚、 。 7 - Adorable cat is adorable.
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

rlionherz's Avatar


rlionherz
01.29.2014 , 06:43 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Infernixx View Post
Why on earth would they need more incentives to do something that they claim that they enjoy doing?

I do FPs constantly even though I need nothing from them, including Elite comms. Mostly, I do them with friends and guildies.

Likewise, the only reason I do SM stuff is for the comms. The gear is usually worthless to me at this point, and again, I do them with my guildies.

Maybe instead of asking for even 'more' rewards, you just accept that Ranked PVP isn't as enticing as people seem to want to believe that it is.
lets see what we get to do our loved PvP games:
5 uhhh so fancy titles,
coms wich we can Hand in for:
2 diff sets of gear
2 speeder
2 pets
5 Crystals wich got the same Color as pve ones
med kits and stim wich are only useable in WZs (not even while "random" OWPvP)
TWO daily and ONE weekly Mission

not to mention we only got 5 diff 8v8 maps and 4 4v4 maps (in wich ranged classes suffer from the terrible design)

ofc most of us who do PvP do it because we enjoy it but is it realy to much to ask for more?!

if BW doesnt dish out new PvE Content every second month ppl start to moan. the PvP crowd is left behind for long enough in any aspect of the game.
pre season 1 for example lasted for more then a year just to have 8v8 ranked removed when season 1 started.
our only open world pvp reason, and thats by far the most desired pvp Content, been removed without a Initiation for a tiny lil replacement
we do even have to face nerfs and class changes in favour of PvE.

so now ill ask you again. is it to much to ask for ranked daily/weekly missions, a handfull of pvp fluff stuff, exp shematics, reuseable comsumables, a bit more credits for completeing a WZ from the beginning till it ends, an official duel event/tournament, an imba title for like uve killed 20.000 reps as imperial Player?!

not to mention bug fixes, a working matchmaking, a bolster fix, a choice for wich WZ we want to que, a huttball league, ranked Rating bug fix, social and or rep Points,.......

season 1 gone life while ago yet we still dont know what these super duper prices are wich we can win for compete in ranked Arenas nor are any given out
Agent Nermal
<NiNjAWiZaRdZ>
ToFN

Erasimus's Avatar


Erasimus
01.29.2014 , 06:54 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by stealthrider View Post
So you're saying the only reason you do SM stuff is because you get a reward from it? Interesting.



RNG by its very definition involves no skill at all, nor any input on the part of the player. It happens by itself, at random. Again, no input whatsoever. Purely luck-based. No input. Player doesn't need to do anything and cannot do anything to affect the chance of the proc. No input. Nothing. The player could go AFK and the relics would still proc. NO INPUT AT ALL.

Have I made that clear? No skill. None at all.
Don't feed the trolls. If you say it takes more skill to win a NASCAR race than to drive to Circle K, he'll just say that is an opinion
"Give light and the darkness will disappear of itself."

Reno_Tarshil's Avatar


Reno_Tarshil
01.29.2014 , 07:02 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by stealthrider View Post
So you're saying the only reason you do SM stuff is because you get a reward from it? Interesting.



RNG by its very definition involves no skill at all, nor any input on the part of the player. It happens by itself, at random. Again, no input whatsoever. Purely luck-based. No input. Player doesn't need to do anything and cannot do anything to affect the chance of the proc. No input. Nothing. The player could go AFK and the relics would still proc. NO INPUT AT ALL.

Have I made that clear? No skill. None at all.
False. By not doing anything, the relic will not proc.

It requires actions from the players doing something for the relics to proc. Therefor requiring input, therefor requiring Skill.
The Ragestar Legacy
[Living Legend]
"Deal with it."
http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuffs