Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Introducing Parsec - a new raid aware real time combat log parser

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Introducing Parsec - a new raid aware real time combat log parser

Macio
01.29.2014 , 11:54 AM | #191
Quote: Originally Posted by Beslley View Post
Last night while doing HM Tyrans, I parsed roughly 400 dps below our other sniper but I was only 1k overall damage behind him. As Tyrans is a single target affair, I am terribly confused as to why the dps number is so far behind him when our overall damage was nearly identical. Any idea how this could happen? I was puzzling over it for the rest of the run
Have you both uploaded to Torparse and checked it there?
In parsec have you checked how long was each fight for you and for him ? Only think i can think of is that you had some debuff on you that stayed longer then the fight itself and that left you in combat for much longer then it actually was. Being able to see it as log on Torparse website would help with that.

If you could post a link to your log and this other sniper, it would be much easier to established what's happened.
Golfik Gunslinger of Polish Galactic Legion on The Red Eclipse UE PGL
My Youtube channel with Swtor movies:http://www.youtube.com/user/maciopoka
AMR profile: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...0-7fa7701b0bdf

Docmal
01.29.2014 , 12:00 PM | #192
Quote: Originally Posted by Beslley View Post
Hey Docmal,

I was unsure about whether this was an issue with the combat log within SWTOR, or whether it was a Parsec one, but I thought that maybe you'd be able to shed some light on it.

Last night while doing HM Tyrans, I parsed roughly 400 dps below our other sniper but I was only 1k overall damage behind him. As Tyrans is a single target affair, I am terribly confused as to why the dps number is so far behind him when our overall damage was nearly identical. Any idea how this could happen? I was puzzling over it for the rest of the run
The only thing that would cause this would be a difference in the time each of you was in combat. The difference in time in combat could be different start, end times or a death and combat rez.
Don't be a nub, use Parsec
<Redemption> @ The Shadowlands
Drewbacca - Guardian Tank Handrew - Shadow Tank
& 12 more...

Docmal
01.29.2014 , 12:02 PM | #193
Quote: Originally Posted by znihilist View Post
First thing first, awesome work! Thank you for this
As for the the one I talked about you present a fair point, I forgot about the Real Time issue, mine would only work once the fight is over but that's not really what we want. However, I might have a solution that wouldn't require a second pass if you are still interested.

I will either edit this post later or post a new one.

edit: Does your average include misses ? As in hits that does 0 damage ?
My algorithm is not using any averages to determine the offhand hits. Instead it indexes damage events after an ability activate. As for misses, they are included in the buckets and reported on the UI.
& 12 more...

Beslley
01.29.2014 , 12:16 PM | #194
Quote: Originally Posted by Docmal View Post
The only thing that would cause this would be a difference in the time each of you was in combat. The difference in time in combat could be different start, end times or a death and combat rez.
I suppose that could be it, but nobody died or was combat rezzed, so it would have to be different start/end times for each of us. Very bizarre. Thanks for the explanation

Quote: Originally Posted by Macio View Post
Have you both uploaded to Torparse and checked it there?
In parsec have you checked how long was each fight for you and for him ? Only think i can think of is that you had some debuff on you that stayed longer then the fight itself and that left you in combat for much longer then it actually was. Being able to see it as log on Torparse website would help with that.

If you could post a link to your log and this other sniper, it would be much easier to established what's happened.
I'll upload it once I'm out of the office.
<Death and Taxes>
Prophecy of the Five

Beslley - dps sorc | Arenatah - snoipah | Nef'arian - dps op | Alexstraza - slinger
KHEM VAL IS MY COPILOT

znihilist
01.29.2014 , 01:18 PM | #195
My algorithm is not using any averages to determine the offhand hits. Instead it indexes damage events after an ability activate. As for misses, they are included in the buckets and reported on the UI.
That's not what I meant it, on the UI there is the average value of X ability (normal and crit), do you include the hits that miss when calculating that value ?

Docmal
01.29.2014 , 01:58 PM | #196
Quote: Originally Posted by znihilist View Post
That's not what I meant it, on the UI there is the average value of X ability (normal and crit), do you include the hits that miss when calculating that value ?
Oh I see what you are asking now. I reviewed the code and misses are currently counted when the avg is calculated for damage out but not damage in. This seems like an oversight so I will be changing that in the next release.
& 12 more...

znihilist
01.30.2014 , 06:21 AM | #197
Oh I see what you are asking now. I reviewed the code and misses are currently counted when the avg is calculated for damage out but not damage in. This seems like an oversight so I will be changing that in the next release.
Okay, check this piece of code, it uses the average method but without making a second pass on the numbers. However, if the first MH hit misses, then it will register the first OH hit as a MH hit. But it will regulate itself once it register another MH hit.

Code:
/*
isoffhand equals 1 if offhand hit or 0 if mainhand
hit is the damage of hit
average is the average value of hits
hitcounter is a counter of how many of the same ability we had including the one being evaluated right now
ohcount is counter of how many oh hits the algorithm have counted so far
mhcount is counter of how many mh hits the algorithm have counted so far
ohav is the average value of the offhand hits selected by the algorithm
mhav is the average value of the mainhand hits selected by the algorithm
*/
void isoffhand(double hit, double *average, bool *isoffhand, double hitcounter, double *ohcount, double *mhcount, double *ohav, double *mhav) 
{
	if (hitcounter == 1) *average = (hit) / 2.;
	else *average = ( (*average) * (hitcoutner-1) + (hit) ) / (hitcounter);
	if ( hit <= *average ) 
		{
			*isoffhand = 1;
			(*ohcount)++;
			if ( *ohcount == 1 ) *ohav=hit/2.;
			else *ohav = ( (*ohav) * (*ohcount) + (hit) ) / ( *ohcount + 1. );
	    }
	else 
		{
			*isoffhand = 0;
			(*mhcount)++;
			if ( *mhcount == 1 ) *mhav=hit/2.;
			else *mhav = ( (*mhav) * (*mhcount) + (hit) ) / ( *mhcount + 1. );
		}
}
Ps, there is bound to be an error or something wrong. But the idea is there!
(Also it might bloat out the overall code)

Cruztoffer
02.01.2014 , 04:53 AM | #198
Is it possible to get the pop outs to overlay my SWTOR in fullscreen mode? Always on top doesn't seem to cut it.

DuEldrvarya
02.01.2014 , 01:38 PM | #199
Hey, I was asking about this a while ago, but I haven't seen anything about it.

Is there any chance you can give a detailed analysis of threat by attack/ability done? I understand threat "modifiers" like taunts/boss mechanics would be harder to talk about, but this would be extremely helpful to once and for all rigidify the hierarchy of tank moves corresponding to their threat production.

Right now ofc we can just look in the log and guestimate these things, but it would be very nice to get that detailed analysis like is seen in heals given and damage dealt.

Plus it would be extremely helpful in analysis of tank tryouts.
Tar-Míriel Tar-Palantír Tar-Carlion Tar-Vanimelde Tar-Meneldur Tar-Telperien Inzilbêth Almarian Lindorie
Tar-Amandil Tar-Elendill Tar-Minyatur Isilme Silmarien
Hates You Redemption
Dread Master Gate Crasher

DarkLordKarmac
02.04.2014 , 08:49 PM | #200
Hi,

So, I'm having a unique problem running this program apparently. I've installed it three times now, and cannot get it to work correctly. I have combat logging enabled, and the path is correct. However, when I click on Raid Groups tab nothing happens. When I click on the Parse tab I get a message saying "Error Watching File Value cannot be null. When I click on the Raid tab I get a message saying "You must select a Raid Group to join". Both the Parse and Raid buttons are also red instead of green. Any idea what's causing this or how to fix it? I've asked everyone I know that runs this, and none of them have had this issue.

Thanks,
Karmac
Karmac
Prophecy of the Five
Jedi Consular Sage Telekinetic