Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kicked out of a group for stupid rason thread.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Off-Topic
Kicked out of a group for stupid rason thread.

Callaron
01.29.2014 , 08:35 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by fdbgjfdhjgkjdhsg View Post
The reason I get kicked a lot of the times is because I don't heal others. When I make a healer it is not so I can support my teammates, it is so I can keep my own butt alive the longest. I can see why people wouldn't like that so I came up with a solution, make your own healer.
And you queue as healer?
I don't kick easily, but if I ever get a "healer" that's only interested in healing himself, he's getting kicked into the Sarlacc pit the moment I catch on to what he's doing.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Suggestion for letting us add certain story characters to our Strongholds.

Jamalzero
01.29.2014 , 08:52 AM | #22
The reason I get kicked a lot of the times is because I don't heal others. When I make a healer it is not so I can support my teammates, it is so I can keep my own butt alive the longest. I can see why people wouldn't like that so I came up with a solution, make your own healer.
I would understand if you invoked "The wrath of Naudi" (a healer in my guild) , brief explanation: when people stand in red circled she tells them 1 time to move out after that freebie she no longer heals them if they remain in the red circle and when they ask why they died she says, "well you should've moved out of the red circle…" This was aptly named, "The wrath of Naudi" after we saw it happen 1 time and it still happenes today when ever we have pugs in the group that won't get in mumble/vent/TS and sit in red circles.

If you did that thats understandable or if you stopped healing someone because they pissed you off I understand that as well because thats the #1 rule of group play…"DONT PISS OFF THE HEALER!"

But to not heal anyone and only heal yourself??? yeah I would kick you the 1st time it happened…If i ever see a healer do that i take that as a slap in the face and ill kick before we re engage boss so my Treek can take over and so i can use my heroic moment.
Solo capping nodes is what I do best... If you're solo defending, prepare to be stun locked and killed!
"I like the way you die boy."
-Django

ImmortalLowlife
01.29.2014 , 09:14 AM | #23
I've been kicked from a few fp's for being a new player. I'll never forget the first time was because I wouldn't spacebar thru that very 1st fp you can do. Even tho I made it known before we started that I'd never done it before, I've only been playing about a week, & this is my first MMO. Because of this, even now over a year later I've only done a handful of fp's. And most of them were me soloing em after I'd over levelled.
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

And you already know...Click HERE for free stuff!!!

Callaron
01.29.2014 , 10:17 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by ImmortalLowlife View Post
I've been kicked from a few fp's for being a new player. I'll never forget the first time was because I wouldn't spacebar thru that very 1st fp you can do. Even tho I made it known before we started that I'd never done it before, I've only been playing about a week, & this is my first MMO. Because of this, even now over a year later I've only done a handful of fp's. And most of them were me soloing em after I'd over levelled.
It sucks when one of your first experiences with the groupfinder is like that.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Suggestion for letting us add certain story characters to our Strongholds.

Jamalzero
01.29.2014 , 08:09 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by ImmortalLowlife View Post
Was it through group finder or did you get a pick up group and they said speed run?
Solo capping nodes is what I do best... If you're solo defending, prepare to be stun locked and killed!
"I like the way you die boy."
-Django

ItachiZaku
02.03.2014 , 10:32 AM | #26
As a tank and my roommate being heals, we usually do our own thing and there have been times when he's said "I'm in the same guild as the tank" and have gotten back replies of "yeah, so? " well... that means he's going to follow me. If I'm going to avoid 90% of the mobs for a quick finish, so be it. If I'm going to do the bonus crap like in Taral V, guess what? That's what we're doing. Normally, I'm like, whatever. Whatever the group wants to do. Haven't been kicked for it yet, and I shouldn't be. But you know how some peoples kids can be.
"Be careful Preston. You're treading on my dreams. "

ImmortalLowlife
02.03.2014 , 10:48 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Jamalzero View Post
Was it through group finder or did you get a pick up group and they said speed run?
It was through group finder. When we first started, someone asked had everyone done it before, & I was the only one who said no. No response from anyone after that, & after the 1st convo, I was voted to be kicked.
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

And you already know...Click HERE for free stuff!!!

wainot-keel
02.03.2014 , 11:36 AM | #28
Not sure how I should respond to this

A) If you are the designated healer in the group, you are supposed to heal everybody's butts (which includes your own). That's your job. If you don't do your job, then your butt gets rightfully kicked. Pretty much like it happens in RL

or simply

B) lol derp

Prototypemind
02.03.2014 , 01:17 PM | #29
I've only been kicked once. Tanking the brute on Kaon. Wiped on in three times because the healer couldn't keep up. I mean literally keep up as I was kiting it. This was way before being insanely overgeared was a possibility, so I'd move to the barrels, wait til it got close to pop them, then move on.

The healer goes on a rant about how I need to stand still longer so she can heal. One, it's not as if healers lack range so long as they have LoS. Two, she was a sorc, so she could easily speed burst ahead if necessary and heal as I'm coming in. Three, she had no concept of using her AoE heals while I an the mdps were standing still on the boss to pop the barrels. Vote kick reason: won't f*&Sing stand still." My apologies =p

I have the feeling that they didn't get it done, because that wasn't the first place she had issues. Again, my only votekick, and I threw that Sorc on ignore so life is good.

AbsolutGrndZero
02.03.2014 , 01:56 PM | #30
I've been vote kicked for not spacebarring during a flashpoint. In fact, once I was vote kicked for taking too long to respond. Which I was doing on purpose.

See, if you ask politely to skip dialogue, and the entire group agrees, and I've done the FP before? Sure.

But, if you just DEMAND that I skip, don't even care if I've done it before, you just assume? Well, you know what they say about assuming... I won't spacebar, and I will wait until the last second on every conversation. ***-u-me, baby.

I've been vote kicked for other dumb reasons, but I don't really remember most of them.
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain