Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Armstech] inherent bonus on orange sniper rifle shell disappeared?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Armstech] inherent bonus on orange sniper rifle shell disappeared?

ButeoRegalis
01.28.2014 , 03:51 PM | #1
I built a sniper rifle for Risha, using the orange schematic that gives a +36 crit in the empty shell (or thereabouts in terms of numbers).

I slapped in some mods and equipped it on Risha. The resulting stats do not show the crit bonus anymore. It's easy to see because none of the mods give a crit bonus, so I should see just the inherent bonus. The stat list only has 4 items in it and I can see up to 5 on some of my other gear, so it's not just dropping off the bottom of the list.

A guildie built himself a lightsaber shell with a power bonus I think and he said he still gets that bonus.

Has anyone else seen this? Is this is an issue with giving stuff to companions?

Elite-Force
01.28.2014 , 07:05 PM | #2
never saw any inherent bonus on shells, despite the offhand comp bug from makeb story. which was fixed a few patches ago.
Also it would be very strange to put some inherent bonus only on specific weapons/armor, as orange gear is designed for the appearance. So forcing the competitive players to wear certain equip seems really unrealistic to me.

Maybe you forgot the color crystal as they can get you flat power or crit rating.

DataBeaver
01.29.2014 , 01:48 AM | #3
IIRC the orange weapon shells come with a color crystal appropriate for the level. Perhaps you replaced it with one that gives a different stat?

AwesomeJon
06.05.2014 , 01:07 PM | #4
Correct, Orange gear does not have inherent stats. If you inserted mods for all 4 slots including the color crystal slot, you will remove your +36 crit crystal and replace it with whatever you put in.

ScarletBlaze
06.05.2014 , 02:51 PM | #5
I have maxed my armstech and there is no inherent bonus on the orange shells. What is in the rifles and blasters are crystals that come inside them. Once you replace that crystal you will get whatever stat is on the new crystal.

It happens on all the orange shell weapons.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Current Guild Roleplay: Redemption: The battle of Xa Fel https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...ps/r-1rAjOuo30