Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

One planet is not an expansion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
One planet is not an expansion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

rbkrbk
02.26.2013 , 04:47 PM | #651
Quote: Originally Posted by AlaricSevGirl View Post
Since this popped to the top, I'm going to say NO ONE is being FORCED to purchase this DLC. That's exactly what this is, DLC and DLC in most games is around 10.00, single player, co op and mmo. EA isn't doing anything that everyone else isn't doing but there are so many of you that despise EA so much that you're willing to warp this into a huge debate. If you don't want it, don't get it. No one is telling you that you have to have it. Just like subscribing, EA isn't twisting your arm and forcing you to subscribe. Yes, they are holding back things and making you spend money on them but you know what, why should F2P players get what subscribers get, they shouldn't. Don't have to sub, don't have to buy the DLC.
This sort of advice is completely counter-productive. Both to players and the developers. EA/Bioware WANT people to buy this stuff. That means more money for them. Players should WANT other players to purchase DLCs, because that means the dev team could get more funding for future content.

Thus, when you tell people they don't HAVE to buy something, yes you are correct, BUT you are not contributing. Yes, there are plenty of people that are just whining. But there are an equal number of people protesting and voicing their legitimate concerns about how unhappy they are with the product, which is what you DO when you are unhappy with a product. The best thing people can do is make their voices heard with their wallets. Unfortunately, in this game, I fear if that happens, future content will be severely lacking.

So, in conclusion, instead of telling people "listen, no one is putting a gun to your head", why say anything at all? Why not let people voice their concerns? Why not LET EA/BW HEAR those concerns, so that they can make something better in the future?
"The Old Republic is in EA’s top 10 franchises in terms of profitability, “but it’s not in our top five”. “So it’s a business contributor, while important, is not as important as Medal of Honor or Battlefield or FIFA or Madden or The Sims or SimCity..."
- John Riccitiello, CEO, Electronic Arts

Marshal_Ney
02.26.2013 , 05:00 PM | #652
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Rammstein View Post
Sorry EAWare but a single planet is not considered an expansion for any mmo. $10 isn't a lot of money but it shouldn't cost anything to subscribers to be honest. You have made a killing with the f2p shop, it's not like you're not making money off this game already! Not to mention you can't even purchase it with CC coins, just seems to me like another nickel and dime grab from your loyal fans.
To answer at the very first post of this thread,well my friend you are wrong,i played SWG,and i remember back in 2005 when SOE released the digital expansion trials of obi-wan,they added just one planet,which was mustafar.
So i think that ,Makeb is entitled to be anexpansion in all the ways,we still even don't know the size of the planet and how many contents they added for the new planet.
I think all these negative comments even before the release is a bit exagerated,i know some of you are prevented against EA,and every occation is good to attack them,myself am not a huge fan of them as well,and there are lot's of stuff that i dislike about the way thy handle things,above of all the lack of comunication with it's own community,but in this particular situation i can't see the point to start a new complain.
I'm not a prophet or a stone age man,Just a mortal
with the potential of a superman,I'm living on"

Freaky_Barber
01.28.2014 , 02:21 AM | #653
If you don't like something, just don't play the game and don't bother other people with your pointless complaints.
"We are many, You are but one."

Rileysoph
01.28.2014 , 02:24 AM | #654
Quote: Originally Posted by Freaky_Barber View Post
If you don't like something, just don't play the game and don't bother other people with your pointless complaints.
why bump a thread almost a year old?

RTCBrad
01.28.2014 , 03:08 AM | #655
Quote: Originally Posted by AsheraII View Post
True, in most MMO's, an expansion covers at most an eighth of a planet.
Hmm unless you are blizzard then you create a whole continent, but then it is the best MMO thats ever been, easy to see why when they compete with 1 zone "expansions" from competitors.

Darth_Wicked
01.28.2014 , 03:10 AM | #656
Quote: Originally Posted by Rileysoph View Post
For the first time ever, you present a fair point. Kudos.
Click here for a FREE character transfer and 7 days of subscription ( Referral Link )
Quote: Originally Posted by Moff Phennir answers the Call to Arms
I'm proud of earning my position, but a great Moff must be selfless--we live and die for the Sith.

ZirusZero
01.28.2014 , 04:34 AM | #657
I'd thought I'd never see this thread again, but apparently you can't stop necros.
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunityDroidEN View Post
After our Shenanigans radar sounded off, we quickly hurried to this thread to see what was going on. Upon inspection of the reported Shenanigans, we have removed a few posts to prevent further Shenanigans from taking place.

OddballEasyEight
01.28.2014 , 06:28 AM | #658
Quote: Originally Posted by Rileysoph View Post
What's wrong with you Freaky_barber?
Now you went and made me agree with Rileysoph!
You know that's one of the signs of the impending apocalypse don't you?
Shame on you for bumping this old thread!

Reno_Tarshil
01.28.2014 , 07:30 AM | #659
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
What's wrong with you Freaky_barber?
Now you went and made me agree with Rileysoph!
You know that's one of the signs of the impending apocalypse don't you?
Shame on you for bumping this old thread!
QFT. Never thought I would see the day where I say good job to Riley. Just another reason why necros are horrible!
The Ragestar Legacy
[Living Legend]
"Deal with it."
http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuffs

Knockerz
01.28.2014 , 02:57 PM | #660
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
QFT. Never thought I would see the day where I say good job to Riley. Just another reason why necros are horrible!
She is turning to the light side, slowly but surely.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Less armour = moves faster = more dodging = less getting hit.
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Oh.. there is plenty of complaining in this thread. As well as demands, expressions of entitlement, and wild dreams.
Lovely Andryah the Forum Princess