Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The Secret World (MMO)


Callaron's Avatar


Callaron
01.26.2014 , 11:13 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Micadog View Post
I also found it had one of the best communities of all the MMO's I've played.
Most definitely.
Even the forums are very friendly and welcoming.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Want more Class stories? Let Bioware know!

CarlosTrevisan's Avatar


CarlosTrevisan
01.27.2014 , 10:59 AM | #12
First impressions about the game.
Ive created a character and im oing (so far) on path of Shotgun and Rifle. Maybe isnt a perfect combo as should be a Ranged and Melee weapon (instead of Ranged and Ranged), but im having a lot of fun with it!
The "filler"of the shotgun its an AoE skill, and its "consumer/finisher" its single target, on the rifle its the oposite, the "filler" its single target and the "consumer/finisher" its AoE, so by switching skills i can have an AoE or Single Target skills as much as i want! im loving it.

im still on "Kingsmouth Town" and im stil getting used of the game. looks much more complicade then SWTOR, but still very fun!
oh, and i was recently playing a game called "State of Decay", so when i got to "Kingsmouth Town" all that feeling of walking dead stile returned, very very good.
SWTOR: A single use Color Dye costs the same as the Rise of the Hutt Cartel Expansion
-RISE OF THE HUTT CARTEL: you have: *increased level Cap; *New Skills; *acess to new gear; *expand your Star Wars Saga; *Access to new Elder Game Content; *uncover new devices
-Black and Black Dye Color you can: *paint the torso of an armor

Callaron's Avatar


Callaron
01.27.2014 , 11:03 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by CarlosTrevisan View Post
First impressions about the game.
Ive created a character and im oing (so far) on path of Shotgun and Rifle. Maybe isnt a perfect combo as should be a Ranged and Melee weapon (instead of Ranged and Ranged), but im having a lot of fun with it!
The "filler"of the shotgun its an AoE skill, and its "consumer/finisher" its single target, on the rifle its the oposite, the "filler" its single target and the "consumer/finisher" its AoE, so by switching skills i can have an AoE or Single Target skills as much as i want! im loving it.

im still on "Kingsmouth Town" and im stil getting used of the game. looks much more complicade then SWTOR, but still very fun!
oh, and i was recently playing a game called "State of Decay", so when i got to "Kingsmouth Town" all that feeling of walking dead stile returned, very very good.
Kingsmouth is awesome!
And rifle/shotgun shouldn't be a bad combo, you can even work some "leeching" into your build (or alternate build) for when you need some healing.
Yes, the game is more complicated and more difficult than SWTOR as a whole (pretty hard not to, since SWTOR is pretty much in the same league as WoW when it comes to overall difficulty - very casual friendly).
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Want more Class stories? Let Bioware know!

Callaron's Avatar


Callaron
01.28.2014 , 06:27 AM | #14
I thought of this topic when I stumbled onto this article.
http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/01...-secret-world/
It makes for a fun read if you're a TSW player, since you can easily relate to the things she talks about.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Want more Class stories? Let Bioware know!

CarlosTrevisan's Avatar


CarlosTrevisan
01.28.2014 , 10:23 PM | #15
Im loving the game so far.

There was some time that i didnt have to THINK to solve a quest. Looks like those old games/rpgs. The first time that ive needed to use a computer on this game i got myself staring the screen, looking that black screen (DOS like stile) and think "what now?" But when you can solve a mistery you feel so good, thats totaly worth the time spent.

And the combat?? Its so fast paced that looks more like an action game than other thing. Im loving it.

I guess the only problem its that maybe this diferent style can spoil me. Will be hard to come back to the old "mat combat" stile of RPG, where the hit chance, etc its all based on your gear and not on gameplay skill.

The game isnt all hard, but ive died plenty of times, unlike on SWTOR, where i just die trying to solo heroes 2+, 4+ or on PvP. On TSW if you get yourself with too many enemies (like more enemies aggroing during a fight) you can easely be dead.

There is one thing, the Healt pool. You cant increase it a lot. I mean, you can wear gear that increase it, but at heavy cost of DPS. How its the end game? Ive seen some mobs at the edge of the maps (Lairs, or semething like) with more than 20k each (if i do remember). If you dont gain "levels" on this game, how to improve, efectively, the HP without messing up DPS?
SWTOR: A single use Color Dye costs the same as the Rise of the Hutt Cartel Expansion
-RISE OF THE HUTT CARTEL: you have: *increased level Cap; *New Skills; *acess to new gear; *expand your Star Wars Saga; *Access to new Elder Game Content; *uncover new devices
-Black and Black Dye Color you can: *paint the torso of an armor

Callaron's Avatar


Callaron
01.29.2014 , 01:13 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by CarlosTrevisan View Post
Im loving the game so far.

There was some time that i didnt have to THINK to solve a quest. Looks like those old games/rpgs. The first time that ive needed to use a computer on this game i got myself staring the screen, looking that black screen (DOS like stile) and think "what now?" But when you can solve a mistery you feel so good, thats totaly worth the time spent.

And the combat?? Its so fast paced that looks more like an action game than other thing. Im loving it.

I guess the only problem its that maybe this diferent style can spoil me. Will be hard to come back to the old "mat combat" stile of RPG, where the hit chance, etc its all based on your gear and not on gameplay skill.

The game isnt all hard, but ive died plenty of times, unlike on SWTOR, where i just die trying to solo heroes 2+, 4+ or on PvP. On TSW if you get yourself with too many enemies (like more enemies aggroing during a fight) you can easely be dead.

There is one thing, the Healt pool. You cant increase it a lot. I mean, you can wear gear that increase it, but at heavy cost of DPS. How its the end game? Ive seen some mobs at the edge of the maps (Lairs, or semething like) with more than 20k each (if i do remember). If you dont gain "levels" on this game, how to improve, efectively, the HP without messing up DPS?
The easiest ways to get more health is to get gear with a higher QL, and to increase the talisman skill that gives you extra health.
A lot of people equip one "tanking" item even on their DPS characters (or custom build one with a lot of health) to add survivability, since a "pure" DPS will have very low health.
Also... be aware that there is actually a "Hit" stat on TSW, and if you don't invest in it you will run into some serious trouble as the mob difficulty ramps up across the zones (It'll cause you to "glance" every attack, or outright miss).
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Want more Class stories? Let Bioware know!

Jandi's Avatar


Jandi
01.29.2014 , 08:03 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by CarlosTrevisan View Post
There is one thing, the Healt pool. You cant increase it a lot. I mean, you can wear gear that increase it, but at heavy cost of DPS. How its the end game? Ive seen some mobs at the edge of the maps (Lairs, or semething like) with more than 20k each (if i do remember). If you dont gain "levels" on this game, how to improve, efectively, the HP without messing up DPS?
Lairs are the TOR equivalent of H4 Areas. You're not supposed to solo those.

As far as stats go, in the end game you have gear that has nothing but one stat, so you can have just as much hp as you think is appropriate for a fight and that's one of the tricky and interesting parts of TSW. You don't have set gear, just the QL of items go up and the stat in the goes up. When I solo, I use 2 items with nothing but HP on them as that gives me enough room to survive even the odd bad pulls or mobs with nasty abilities without having to shuffle my build around, even though I have every skill unlocked in the wheel, so I certainly have options.

My favourite build is Assault Rifle/Pistols with pistols givin a single target builder and a resource dump while AR gives AoE and Red Mist. The build revolves around massive dot application and other passives which cause massive buffs against targets with dots on them in addition to Live Wire. It's a solid build that can handle anything apart from some mobs which reflect dots, those lurkers in Transylvania are nasty for DoT builds. For them and other anti-DoT mobs, I change dots to Auto-crits when I penetrate and replace my AR with Blades.

The main thing though, is to look at ALL the wheels, and ignore the mentality of using blade passives if you use blades. Elementals and shotguns have some seriously awesome passives for any DPS build.
Those that demand respect deserve only pity.

Callaron's Avatar


Callaron
01.29.2014 , 08:05 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Jandi View Post
My favourite build is Assault Rifle/Pistols with pistols givin a single target builder and a resource dump while AR gibes AoE and Red Mist.
<3 Red Mist.
It's also awesome in PvP... BOOM, headshot!
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Want more Class stories? Let Bioware know!

Jandi's Avatar


Jandi
01.29.2014 , 08:09 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Callaron View Post
<3 Red Mist.
It's also awesome in PvP... BOOM, headshot!
Yeah, against noobs who don't use any HP items. :P But against a good player with 2 HP items it's pretty meh due to it's CD and cast time.
Those that demand respect deserve only pity.

Callaron's Avatar


Callaron
01.29.2014 , 08:17 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Jandi View Post
Yeah, against noobs who don't use any HP items. :P But against a good player with 2 HP items it's pretty meh due to it's CD and cast time.
You can still get them when they are trying to retreat from some fight or ignoring you.
Worked wonders on Blingzilla too!
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Want more Class stories? Let Bioware know!