The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

This is not a Group Finder experience, but I thought I'd share.

Yesterday someone was looking for people to join a Dread Palace HM 8 man run. For those that have done the HM version - you know that you need a certain level of coordination and understanding of mechanics in order to clear it. It was the first time I've seen anyone PUG that operation, and since I was bored and had some time to spare I thought I'd join.

So I whisper the Raid Leader and conversation went something like this:

- ME: Hey, tank here. I can join.

- HIM: Whats your gear rating?

- ME: Full DF.

- HIM: Have you done this before? We want people to have done it.

- ME: Yes, I have done it multiple times before. Have it on farm.

- HIM: Ok, good *invite*.

All well until this point, since I thought by his questions that they'd done it and that they were picky about who they invite. Anyway, I join the group and that's when the fun starts. Just the highlights from the group composition:

- A 28k HP healer sorc

- A 44k HP mercenary DPS

- A 35k HP Jugg tank

Ok, I know that HP isn't everything, but it gives you a certain insight in what kind of gear they have and besides it's better to be a tad overgeared in a HM PUG. IE a 28k HP sorc is probably in 66 / 69 gear, a 44k HP merc DPS is in **** 78 gear and a 35k HP jugg tank is in a mix of 69 / 72 (for reference my PT tank in DF gear sits at around 41-42k HP).

I thought whatever, if they have done this before (which was my impression) then it could still work out. So I get to Oricon and enter Dread Palace where the rest of the group is. Since their HP was so low I ask in ops chat:

ME: Since this is a HM run - I assume that everyone has done this before. Any first timers?

GROUP: *crickets*

No one replies, so I decide to check their achievements. First guy I check has 10 % completion on Dread Palace, the second guy I check has 20 % The best was one guy that had 30 % completion on all operations. :eek:. So I ask again:

ME: I see that there are several that haven't done DP in SM before. Who hasn't?

Raid Leader: I haven't done DP HM. Can you explain tactics?

:eek:

That was my cue to get the hell out. I'm all for carrying people through new content when the mood strikes me, but when someone gets a group together for DP HM and asks about gear rating / experience - I expect that they know what they are doing and have cleared the content. I've experienced this with other HM operations as well when I PUG - you ask people if they have done it before and they say yes and then you check their achievements and they haven't done it.

Anyways, maybe it wasn't funny, but I just thought that was a weird experience.

This is not a Group Finder experience, but I thought I'd share.

Yesterday someone was looking for people to join a Dread Palace HM 8 man run. For those that have done the HM version - you know that you need a certain level of coordination and understanding of mechanics in order to clear it. It was the first time I've seen anyone PUG that operation, and since I was bored and had some time to spare I thought I'd join.

So I whisper the Raid Leader and conversation went something like this:

- ME: Hey, tank here. I can join.

- HIM: Whats your gear rating?

- ME: Full DF.

- HIM: Have you done this before? We want people to have done it.

- ME: Yes, I have done it multiple times before. Have it on farm.

- HIM: Ok, good *invite*.

All well until this point, since I thought by his questions that they'd done it and that they were picky about who they invite. Anyway, I join the group and that's when the fun starts. Just the highlights from the group composition:

- A 28k HP healer sorc

- A 44k HP mercenary DPS

- A 35k HP Jugg tank

Ok, I know that HP isn't everything, but it gives you a certain insight in what kind of gear they have and besides it's better to be a tad overgeared in a HM PUG. IE a 28k HP sorc is probably in 66 / 69 gear, a 44k HP merc DPS is in **** 78 gear and a 35k HP jugg tank is in a mix of 69 / 72 (for reference my PT tank in DF gear sits at around 41-42k HP).

I thought whatever, if they have done this before (which was my impression) then it could still work out. So I get to Oricon and enter Dread Palace where the rest of the group is. Since their HP was so low I ask in ops chat:

ME: Since this is a HM run - I assume that everyone has done this before. Any first timers?

No one replies, so I decide to check their achievements. First guy I check has 10 % completion on Dread Palace, the second guy I check has 20 % The best was one guy that had 30 % completion on all operations. :eek:. So I ask again:

ME: I see that there are several that haven't done DP in SM before. Who hasn't?

Raid Leader: I haven't done DP HM. Can you explain tactics?

:eek:

That was my cue to get the hell out. I'm all for carrying people through new content when the mood strikes me, but when someone gets a group together for DP HM and asks about gear rating / experience - I expect that they know what they are doing and have cleared the content. I've experienced this with other HM operations as well when I PUG - you ask people if they have done it before and they say yes and then you check their achievements and they haven't done it.

Anyways, maybe it wasn't funny, but I just thought that was a weird experience.

Weird?...more like normal, on the Shadowlands server this happens (and I have no doubt on the others) all the time. So much so that I have started to shy away from pugging, and I am a pretty lenient guy at that. It just astounds me the amount of gall and pride some people have to not admit these things. Especially when I see peeps in full 78 welfare gear with no set bonus that even makes me wonder. So just know that you are not alone :) . I always start checking achievements as soon as I get in the group lol.

Edited by DisturbedMalak

When someone gets a group together for DP HM and asks about gear rating / experience - I expect that they know what they are doing and have cleared the content. I've experienced this with other HM operations as well when I PUG - you ask people if they have done it before and they say yes and then you check their achievements and they haven't done it.

Obviously they needed someone who has done it to explain the tactics.

I don't always volunteer the information about being new to something, but I will respond truthfully if asked. On other occasions I may tell up front that I've only done it as some other role before, so basically know it but may need some pointers for this role.

thats why healers life is hard :p we get flagged when trying to heal someone. and we will die after leaving group or in fight usually. dps cant get flagged unless they flag themselves lol. i am always flagged in event area as one or the other guy i have in my group will be flagged. --sigh--

i dont even pvp much on my healers. so they dont have pvp gear either. so ya. sucks lol

Had a similar experience sort of. Was healing on my Scoundrel with my guildie/best friend on his tank. After I specifically call out for unflagged people he comes rolling in flagged. D'oh I apologize and offer that if people want to leave group no hard feeling and both DPS decide stay. Fair enough no reason they need to get flagged.

On the second Blighted and I notice I'm taking a bit of damage. I through a couple of hots on myself out of instinct and don't think too much of it. After a few more seconds I notice a bit more damage and see an annoying sin tank attacking me. I stifled a yawn, kept healing tank, throwing hots on myself and ask my friend to throw a guard on me because someone's attacking. He of course throws guard on since I asked and continues to attack the Blighted. In the mean time the poor sin continues to try and DPS me throwing out occasional stuns etc. Getting nowhere with me he decides to try his luck with the tank. Finally my friend and and a DPS notice hey there's an annoying gadfly here. So they turn their attention to him. He quickly drops health down to almost nothing, cloaks out and runs away :)

Went looking for him after we finished the H4 but he was nowhere to be found :) Gotta love chicken **** people that decide to attack you when you are engaged with a mob and still can't take you down.

Dreadtooth PUG:

Waiting on people to arrive and for boss respawn. Somebody joins the group, and ops leader asks, “what’s your role? Tank/dps/heals?”

His reply: “Tank. Powertechs don’t heal :)”.

Oh, thank you sir for educating us all. What a snarky thing to say as a new member to the ops leader.

So, being nosy, I glance at his HP. <15k. I inspect, and sure enough, he’s wearing a combo of greens/blues and maybe 1 orange. Now, I’m quite nooby also, but even I know how to gear myself adequately. Surprisingly, nobody said anything. We kill twice (and he dies many a time), and 3rd time we manually increase his stacks. Couldn’t kill, wiped and dispersed.

His parting remark: “Bored. I think I’ll go solo trapjaw.”

Can we say… delusional?

Cademimu SM, final boss:

Despite discussing tactics beforehand, and me typing “move” during, a couple still died in the rocket blasts and we wipe. No big deal, get up, try again. Except that this time the healer will not go through the doorway into the chamber. And I know from experience that when the fight starts, the blast doors close and anyone outside is locked out.

I say, “X, come on in.”

No response. No movement.

“X go past the doors, otherwise you’ll be locked out.”

“no, that’s where I died last time.” ?? XD

“just go through the doorway.”

He moves forward.. like 3 inches. Still outside the door.

“a little more.”

Moves a few more inches.

The others join in, and we FINALLY coax him into walking past the door. Unbelievable.

Today I was doing Mal Prison, GF. They all were level 55 all in different guilds, so I figured it should be a breeze, until the first group, everyone's health just steadily drops. As a tank I instantly though that I did something massively wrong, so I make sure to be extremely aggressive on groups, pulling as much aggro as possible, but their health still drops.

Turns out the shadow was taunting enemies away from me, so I ask him to stop. He agrees. We get to the first boss, and two get one shooted. I finish the boss, pretty much alone, and during the revive process I start looking at there gear. None of them have relics, and those that had implants, ear, and even offhand didn't have any above level 19. I try to explain that relics are good, but someone says "They don't like clicking on them". I explain they can have passive abilities even linking one of mine for example.

In hindsight I should have left, but at least I didn't die on that one.

You can solo him as a 55. even if you have crappy gear. just saying.

I know. Trapjaw wasn't the point of the first story; all the other ridiculous things I pointed out were. Most people, when asked about their role, would simply reply with their role and not with a snippy remark. I mean i could almost feel the :rolleyes: after he said, "Powertechs don't heal".

Then, after contributing very little as a tank with <15k health and green/blue gear (just for reference, I was tanking with about 28k at the time, and 2 others had like 38 and 43k), he somehow felt the need to publicly express his desire to solo a WB that, as you have stated, is easily soloable. If you want to go kill trapjaw to complete the weekly, fine. You can even ask if anyone would like to join. But for him to fail miserably at tanking and then say, out loud, "I'm bored", is a clear sign of a delusional mind in my book.

And you know he'd be booted out of any hardmodes or ops with a quickness.

Edited by BigBreakfast

Yesterday I had 2 quite interesting Maelstrom Prison SM runs on my Scoundrel healer Nehustan.

1st run:

- guardiantank (way overlevelled and easy to heal because of it)

- sent and slinger dps from the same guild both

All was going relatively well until I noticed the tank needed on something I wanted (cunning piece). When I mentioned it the other dps told that he had been needing on everything. I inspected the achievements of our tank and noticed that he was a newbe. So I explained need vs greed.

Somehow the tank didnt payed attention to that chat since all of a sudden I noticed a rapid HP decrease and saw that he started the lasereye boss. I battlecloacked and rocketboosted to fight, just in time to save him.

After the bossfight the tank responded with some gibberish that I didnt understood. Also he tried to votekick the slinger for going afk for a sec.

After that incident all went well, he used the need/greed system like intended. I guess the tank tried to lighten the mood a bit too since he kept typing joking remarks in groupchat.

2nd run

The gunslinger dps asked if I wanted to run a 2nd flashpoint so we queued together and got again Mprison.

This time we had a sage dps and again .... guardiantank (with less HP than I had while around the same lv).

1st trashpull = since I was 1-2 levels below the mobs I could barely keep the tank and dps up. Somehow I managed to spamheal fast enough to survive it.

At the lasereye boss the tank thought it was a good idea to just facetank the charged implants (the heavy hitting laser attacks where everybody hides for). Since he didnt moved an inch I decided to not even try to heal him and healed the dps instead who scrammed behind the boxes to safety.

When the tank died he got very rude in groupchat. Something in the line of: YOU IDIOTHEALER, WHY NO HEALS? YOU STUPID?

I responded with:

1. I'm not an idiot

2. You ignored mechanics

3. I could have stealth rezzed you, don't go to medcenter

I guess my remark ticked him off a bit since he didnt cooled down. It didnt helped that someone looted before the tank got back from medcenter. We all greeded on the strenght shieldoffhand but because the tank was to far he missed the roll. When he saw that I won the roll he accused me of rolling need on the piece.

Since I didnt want to make a huge fuss about it I explained I rolled greed and if he wanted it I could trade him. Meanwhile both DPS were protecting me by typing in my favor.

Apprently he was really mad because he continued to ramble. Suffice to say we kicked him out.

We continued on our merry way with Bowdaar as tank and had no further issues till the boss with the flying bird who does a spinning strike. Comps suck at kiting so Bowdaar got KIA, soon followed by the 2 dps and myself. An other guardian than reinforced our group and we cleared the flashpoint without to many issues. Expect the tank rolled need on a cunning scattergun, tried tp trade him but he was free to play. I dont have high hopes he mailed it to me ingame.

Somehow I liked both runs with the 3 interesting gaurdiantanks

I dont have high hopes he mailed it to me ingame.

Somehow I liked both runs with the 3 interesting gaurdiantanks

thats quite funny to get back to back tanks like that lol. you cant mail or trade if you are f2p. you can only recieve mails. pref can send/receive mails and trade but cant send creds in mail and only 1 item/mail.

[hide]I know. Trapjaw wasn't the point of the first story; all the other ridiculous things I pointed out were. Most people, when asked about their role, would simply reply with their role and not with a snippy remark. I mean i could almost feel the :rolleyes: after he said, "Powertechs don't heal".

Then, after contributing very little as a tank with <15k health and green/blue gear (just for reference, I was tanking with about 28k at the time, and 2 others had like 38 and 43k), he somehow felt the need to publicly express his desire to solo a WB that, as you have stated, is easily soloable. If you want to go kill trapjaw to complete the weekly, fine. You can even ask if anyone would like to join. But for him to fail miserably at tanking and then say, out loud, "I'm bored", is a clear sign of a delusional mind in my book.

And you know he'd be booted out of any hardmodes or ops with a quickness.[/hide]

ah, my bad. i read it as if you thought he soloing it is ridiculous.

Had a little amusing one today, not weird but still.

Athiss HM fp. me sage (arch and slicing) with 72/78 mix. slinger and shadow dps with 72/78 mix. tank shadow with 66/69 mix. i thought its athiss. easy. we all said hi and i said i have arch. all were happy about it. and i am waiting at first mob and all 3 went to explosives. i called quickly on chat before they pull and they came. everything else went fine. its just i was amused as i just stated while going in lift and they all said "great" etc and they went that way and were about to pull lol.

while pulling dog to cave, he put phase walk near stairs and used it after pull but didnt use force speed while from each and every mob pulls he used it. could have kept phase walk at cave entrance instead. tank stood in purple circle at last boss and almost died as i was cleansing dps with buff and when i noticed tank health, it went from full to almost nil in 4 seconds. nothing bad, as i did healed and he moved too. maybe its early morning & was still sleepy while playing. he soon said oops and it went smooth.

Edited by Deadlynits

I had a fun SM Foundry today. I was playing my Sorcerer as DPS, with a Jugg tank, an Op healer, and a second DPS Sorcerer. That tank was way overleveled, and had a massive amount of HP, but no clue whatsoever how to draw aggro, and apparently liked the challenge of pulling multiple mobs at once. The Op was good at healing, but had an irritating tendency to rocket boost ahead of the tank to start fights without us, while the rest of us were healing between fights. I was throwing around a lot of Static Barriers and off healing a fair bit, while also drawing aggro off the healer.

When we ran into HK, it was a complete flop. The Op started the fight, and spent the next few minutes frantically self healing because the tank apparently had never heard of taunt. Then the tank went down because he didn't move away from HK when the core came down. The healer promptly drew all four adds (the Op and other Sorc had CC the previous ones) and went down as well. I took over healing while the other Sorc tried to take out the adds, hoping to survive until they got back. At this point I noticed that the other Sorc was taking a much longer time to kill them than I had expected. Unfortunately, the Op didn't rez, and the Jugg came back, but promptly got killed by the core again. Both of us Sorcs went down almost simultaneously, and the Op promptly quit, followed closely by the tank.

We requed, and I respeced to take over healing. While we were waiting I checked the other guys gear, and realized why he took so long to kill the adds earlier. He was outfitted in Assassin tanking gear... The new group now included a good Marauder, and a very laggy, frequently DCing Assassin tank wearing DPS gear.

We tried HK again, and succeeded this time, though not without extreme difficulty. Near the end of the fight, HK bugged and pulled down the core without actually being inside it. All three of the others ignored the core in favor of continuing to attack HK, so I desperately ran around trying to destroy the panels and keep the team alive at the same time. I was too slow and HK got his power boost. He two shotted the DPS tank, and the tanky sorc, before the Marauder and I finally finished him off.

Fortunately, the rest of the FP went off without any problems. And the new tank actually listened when I told him to guard the Marauder instead of me. I think that was a first.

thats quite funny to get back to back tanks like that lol. you cant mail or trade if you are f2p. you can only recieve mails. pref can send/receive mails and trade but cant send creds in mail and only 1 item/mail.

Yeah, the inability to trade as a free player annoys me as a subscriber. Sure, it hinders them but it screws me when a new player accidentally needs an item, he's perfectly willing to fix his screw up, but he can't unless he pays money to Bioware? I'm already giving you money, let the free player give it to me. Don't let free players trade with other free players? Sure, I'm cool with that. Don't let free players trade with Preferred players? I'm cool with that too. But let subscribers trade with everyone regardless of the other party's account status.

Otherwise, what's to keep me showing my helmet, turning off all color matching, making sure I'm wearing at max blue level stuff, checking the "block trade invites" box, ninja looting something, and then saying "Crap, sorry I'd give it to you but I'm a free player"?

I ran two SM HS last night with the same guardian tank with my DPS guardian. I don't know what he was doing, but clearly he had no clue. My DPS tanked the whole FP both runs, much to the tank's dismay. The first run, I did my best to let the other guardian keep aggro, and gave him advice all along the way, but he just couldn't manage to do it. I drew all the aggro, no matter how hard I tried not to. When I popped into him again the next time, I just whispered the healer that I would be tanking most of it. Which would have been easier if the level 15 Sentinel with cunning gear didn't start almost every single fight the whole way through.

I also met an extremely irritating player in the Rakghoul tunnels. Not GF, or even the OP, but still. I brought my 37 Sniper to the tunnels, and apparently forgot that I had my flag on. I was sure I checked before I went in, but whatever. A flagged 55 Sentinel found me, but instead of massacring me and being done with it, he just sicced C2 on me. It must have taken that stupid droid 20 minutes to kill me.

I once had a mini-initiation with a new guildie on Tython, and told him, at level 1ish to kill C2. I was 55, and C2 had nothing on him, but he still squished under C2 so easily.

Mandalorian Raiders, a Shadow tank using no stance at all. She didn't react when I asked her to activate tank stance. Needless to say, she couldn't hold aggro and she used her knockback as her AOE ability. I wasn't really in the mood to stick around and left.

I have no problems with new players or new tanks as long as they at least respond when offered advice.

Ah, well. Havent got any FTP friends so I didnt know that they couldnt send mails. The way I noticed he was FTP was to initiate a trade which failed (got the error message saying he was ftp (this means no cheating possible by blocking trade ;-)).

Than I guess doc has a real nice offhand now :p

This one isn't really about weird people, but about 4 people making different split-second decisions.

I was on my Infiltration Shadow and got grouped for Cademimu HM. We were three assassins and one commando.

The run went completely well with no troubles or anything until the last 30 seconds. When General Ortol was almost dead he decided to launch another rocket. After almost a year of training I immediately head off for the safe square, followed by the healer. The other two assassins however judged that the boss would go down in time and stayed in place. Once the fire appeared the healer tried to get into healing range again, but he had to walk between the fires to do so and died together with the other two assassins.

Within a few seconds I was the only one left. I waited for General Ortol to walk to me and killed him with about two hits.

It was quite funny to have this sudden change of the situation.

My friend tells me to just push through since we're almost at the end but the Mara really really wants the Bonus boss so we agree to give it a shot, but once we go in the Jugg alternates between just standing there and running around the room like a chicken without a head until we have the boss down to about 50% when he finally attacks, and by attacking I mean he uses three random attacks and then backs out again and goes back to what he was doing. We end up hitting the enrage timer on the bonus boss and we all die, and when I ask the Jugg what happened, he replies by saying that he was "lagging bad that whole fight." I tell him we'll try it one more time and that he must be attacking or we'll hit the enrage, but when we go in and start the fight again the Jugg does the exact same thing and my friend realizes this too late and tries to dps but it's not enough and we hit the enrage again and wipe.

Obviously, you have never experienced one of those big lag spikes. I don't know if it is server specific or if it can happen on all servers.

- You can get up to 17000ms latency (not sure if it goes higher, 17k is highest I've ever experienced)

- You can move within small area when you're lagging but you can't do anything.

- You can hear all the noises and sounds around you but nothing moves around your character.

- You can go from full HP to zero HP when game updates again. Depending on latency and how long it will take to kill your character.

- Worst thing about it is that latency can drop to normal level at some point and game seems to work well again for a short time until it starts again.

Obviously, you have never experienced one of those big lag spikes. I don't know if it is server specific or if it can happen on all servers.

- You can get up to 17000ms latency (not sure if it goes higher, 17k is highest I've ever experienced)

- You can move within small area when you're lagging but you can't do anything.

- You can hear all the noises and sounds around you but nothing moves around your character.

- You can go from full HP to zero HP when game updates again. Depending on latency and how long it will take to kill your character.

- Worst thing about it is that latency can drop to normal level at some point and game seems to work well again for a short time until it starts again.

yup. i can confirm this. and lately i am dead if i get dced in combat. usually it didnt happen. even if its trash mob. i mean my nadia has 72 gear and can solo them. usually she used to. now its bit different.

but i have had my fair share of lag spikes. goes to around 20-25k sometimes. but usually i'll get dced around 16-18k. and you can use all moves and they wont go to cd and you can move around sometimes but all will be standing still and boss too. which says you are lagging ;p

i hate that lag spikes though. especially in czerka lab hm fp. i always end up dying on red circle and people may think i dont know to dodge a red circle which appears under my own feet. happens every time on sage. but on scoundrel i'll get away as i am constantly running and if i get a 1000ms or some extra lag spike i some how dodge it as i have "w" pressed. but sage is different matter altogether. only survived that like 3 times on my 10+ hm lab fp on sage :'( it looks like you are out of circle only to see dead button after a second.

Edited by Deadlynits

Had a funny group today, not a FP or an OP, just the weekly for the WB .

This is how it went:

Me on my 55(crapy geared) Merc healer, runnig about Alderan doing the daily GSI stuff, speeder past the area where the WB hangs about, so being bored half to hell I go to try and kill it.

Get to the WB and I see a level 52 Sin standing around, my thoughts: " 0.o weird... Btw where's the WB?".

Then I see it, WB and a bunch of republic players trying to down him. Sin sends me a group inv, that I promptly agree to, first thing I say: "squish the pubs?" no hello,no nothing. Sin: "yeah :)" and we go to town on these guys(most are level 34/35-40/41, one is 55, and one is 53) the lowbies drop, the 55 and the 53 take down my Sin friend, but I down the 53, and get the 55 to about half his HP(keep in mind that the WB is still alive and still throwing out his AOEs while this is happening) but I get squished...

Probe Rez and try again.. Same result only this time I go down first, Rez to med center , on the way back to WB i ask if he has the weekly, he shares it and we het back to the WB only to see it laying there dead with no Pubs around...

Well time to go kill some other WB, so me and the Sin head for the space port, we go to Tatooine; no skull=no Trapjaw, damn.

Going to fleet to get some more people(because I have no idea where the rest of these bastards are located); on fleet i get three level 51-53 people and one level 36/37 PT.

With this group we decide to go to Belsavis and the WB that lives there(:o), long story short; we need to take the PT the long way around, when one of the group members gets to where the WB is hiding,

and tells us "is the WB big?"

Me:"why?"

Group member: "because i can't see him"

Me:*crap crap crap crap*

We pull a U turn and head back, Nar Shada is our next stop.

We get to Nar Shada, get to the WB took us a little while because only one guy knew where he is and that was from reading about it online :p

Yet again no WB... We decied to go each to a different planet to find one( "autobots roll out!" were the parting word of one of the group members as we did this XD )

After a little while the guy that went to Hoth says: " It's here!"

Followed quickly by an ops announcement by me: " Everyone to Hoth 2, NOW! "

It's worth mentioning that this is about the time we decided to check if the WB may be in another instance..(the group was together for over a hour now :p )

Get there, down the boss, yay for us :)

Turn around to go back, and one of the members says he needs to go,

Say our goodbyes and he's gone, group is now: me, 36/37 PT, 52 Sin and one other member that I sadly can't recall what he was(might be a Sorc)

Still with me? Good.

Group split up time, Sin and GM#4(group member #4 from here on) are told by me to go to Nar Shada to check instances, and I say that the PT and me will go to Tatooine (he was telling us that he might have a bug that won't let him see the skull)

PT says he's at Nar Shada right now( what?! How?! Why?!?! You we're next to me a second ago!)

gets told by GM#4 to come back and go with me to Tatooine.

Now next part I can't quite remember how it happened, but..

We all get to Nar Shada, how i can't remeber,the WB is there(yay for us).

Kill WB, and go look for the next one.

Go to Tatooine to look for Trapjaw, get to the area, aaaand..

No skull *ffs* ,checking the other instance, same thing *crap*.

PT says he has to go,say our goodbyes and he's gone.

We are still waiting on GM#4 to get there so we can figure out what to do next, I'm about ready to call it quits when I notice the F-ing skull just spawn under my speeder(hell yeah!!!).

Ops announcement: "it's here!!!"

GM#4: "what is?"

Me: "the skull"

This is followed by some creative instances changing by GM#4, because he changed instances just before that:p

We finally get together and down the last freakin WB.

This group was together for 2/2 and half hours(maybe even a little more than that), while jumping planets like crazy and joking around about silly stuff all the while.

Hands down the most fun I had in any random group.

P.S Holy... Sith... Sorry for the wall of text everyone :eek:

P.P.S Sorry for any mistakes made, English as a third language..so...yeah..

--SNIP--

one question though. which server lol? because i was pissed today a bit.. :p went to balmorraa and taris and killed grandfather and ancient one. then starts my issue. quesh, tatooine(2 instances), narshaddaa(2 instances),alderaan(2 instances). no freeking WB found. then went back too nar shaddaa and logged out. have to go back to get my kills lol

also, sorry for hijacking thread. lets get back to funny stories ;p

Edited by Deadlynits

one question though. which server lol? because i was pissed today a bit.. :p went to balmorraa and taris and killed grandfather and ancient one. then starts my issue. quesh, tatooine(2 instances), narshaddaa(2 instances),alderaan(2 instances). no freeking WB found. then went back too nar shaddaa and logged out. have to go back to get my kills lol

also, sorry for hijacking thread. lets get back to funny stories ;p

ToFN, and we had the same issue on Quesh, so that's not on us :D

Yes let's get back to the stories with the funnyz, and the creepiez and the butter-snackers :D

Just had another dramatic experienced.

Logged in, did some Czerka dailies and Core Meltdown on normal difficulty.

I requeue and get placed in HM Core Meltdown.

Assassin tank with 34K HP, Merc DPS with 32K-ish health, Myself PT Dps with 28.5k-ish health, and lastly a Sorc heals with 23K health.

We clear the trash mobs and finally arrive at the Vrbithr boss.

Both dps open up with death from above, etc.

I apply the standard tactics of nuking the adds as fast as possible so they don't swarm our healer.

Tank starts taking a lot of damage and heals is having a lot of trouble trying to keep up with his health loss.

Tank dies, boss aggro's me (Why he never even went for the Merc, I have no clue tbh.), I start losing health rapidly, healer manages to get a battle rez off. The tank recovers to around 40% but is hit by the boss' groundpound stun.

Starts taking a lot more damage than expected, once again heals is having trouble managing all our health at once.

I pop my explosive fuel buff and the other related ones and down the boss, only to be met with a snide comment from our tank 'Wow, you guys took way too long.' (He spelled it as 'to' instead of 'too', thus the correction.)

After that horrific experience, we continue to the Sanddemon boss.

This is where everything just went belly up.

We open the traditional way, start dpsing him. Generator pops right at the bottom of the stairs.

He goes into rampage mode and smashes it, whilst being around 75%ish health.

Tank brings him towards the middle in order to gets a birds-eye view of the next generator that'll spawn.

For no reason, the tank once again, unexpectedly starts taking a lot of damage.

And yet again our Sorc healer has monumental issues trying to keep up with the spike damage.

Needless to say, the tank goes down, boss turns to me yet AGAIN, I know at this point it's a hopeless battle as at 63% I'll never be able to win from it.

I do down, Merc dps goes down 3 seconds after that.

Sorc goes down in 2 hits.

We respawn, try again, same result.

The tank is complaining that we're not going enough damage. (I'm mostly in 162-168 gear with the exception of a 156 chest, while the Merc DPS was only 200 ahead of me in the Aim stat and still wearing at least 3-4, 156 pieces)

Then I inspect our healer, and it was as I feared. Green lightsaber, green 114 belt, of the 156 stuff she old had 2, lvl 41 earpiece, etc.)

After this wipe the Tank once again rages that we're not doing enough dps.

(I knew my class and rotations compared to some in that group so it wasn't exactly a L2P issue.)

Merc DPS drops the group, I requeue us, we get a Merc dps again, 35.7k-ish health.

Comment from the tank 'FINALLY someone who can do Dps.' obviously pointing out me in an indirect way as I was the only DPS left prior to him joining.

I hadn't said anything during that entire FP, nor post-wipes.

At that time I was just fed up, and commented before porting out and leaving: 'Quit your crying fool. My dps is just fine.'

Long story short, once again a scenario where someone with inadequate gear queues up for a 55HM.

The day before that, I came across something similar: HM FE with a Shadow tank around 14kish health still rocking 40-44 armorings. The day before that it was a DPS Shadow using tanking stance because 'It gave him more armorz.'

Honestly, this isn't rocket science by a long shot, is it really THAT hard to know your class and upgrade your gear ?

I swear to god, most who queue think the rating requirement is just a tip/hint rather than an actual guideline.

HS fp. sin tank ,sin dps ,me sniper, merc heals

damn it. wish SWTOR had a mechanism to just give loot to one who needed it who actually needs it for their gear. like cunning gear for a sniper rather than an assassin dps. i mean. i lost 3 loot. vibroknife sniper rifle and chest. wish they have a fix on this via system. he was f2p and kept needing it even after explaining everything >.>

and ofc assassin needs those. so he won all 3 cunning gear which were upgrade for me.

Edited by Deadlynits

Just had another dramatic experienced.

Logged in, did some Czerka dailies and Core Meltdown on normal difficulty.

I requeue and get placed in HM Core Meltdown.

Assassin tank with 34K HP, Merc DPS with 32K-ish health, Myself PT Dps with 28.5k-ish health, and lastly a Sorc heals with 23K health.

(edited out the core text)

I swear I had a core meltdown run like that the other day on my dps powertech. The shadow tank insisted on guarding the healer, who of course only had a little over 20k life. Healer accidentally qued for hard mode, I did this drunk once on a healer so I understand. I noticed that I was stripping aggro quickly on the elite droids on the way to the first boss and mentioned to the tank that he should guard me, or I really would have to pull back the dps so he could lead the generator smashing boss around. He agrees, I don't figure we will be able to do it with the healer but I am willing to give anyone a shot.

The healer couldn't keep up and we wipe, when we respawn he puts the guard back on the healer, and without a word pulls the boss again. I rip aggro quickly, even using my aggro dump and waiting 4 globals before attacking. I was like the moment I hit my third move the boss was on me, and the tank didn't notice and started running to the first generator. I pulled the boss up there, but with all of us stacked in the boss's smash we die again. Tank rages on us for following him and quits. Me and the merc dps stick around a bit but saw no replacement coming for the two and left. First and only hardmode I have failed so far, I guess I have been really lucky.