Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender romance discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender romance discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jandi
01.26.2014 , 12:09 AM | #3171
Quote: Originally Posted by Lexandrous View Post
I would like to think that Bioware staff check out their forums. even if it is just to see the views and opinions of the community on different topics.

My concerns are if Bioware would continue the same gender romance option in future content and expansions.
If they do implement these changes. Would it be left as an individual choice for players? or will these changes effect the entire Swtor community?

For example players can choose to pursue the SGR or just get on with the game.

Its good to have these discussion but for now would just have to take a wait and see approach.
Why would they be any different from the ones we have now? You said earlier that it started with Mass Effect, correct? Well, to assume anything different from that model is illogical. Meaning that if we get same gender romanceable companions, there will be one or two flirts and then you turn them down or continue to pursue and then it will never come up again, like it is with current romanceable companons.
Those that demand respect deserve only pity.

vadess
01.26.2014 , 12:44 AM | #3172
Quote: Originally Posted by Xilizhra View Post
I'm still "wat"ing. They'd be exactly like every other romance option.
You and I both. Makes me glad I'm not in psychology, as some human kinds never be figured out.
Noxturna- DPS Juggernaut, Begeren Colony
Caedusios- Tanking Assassin, Begeren Colony
Crimsèn- Marksman Sniper

Tatile
01.26.2014 , 05:24 AM | #3173
Quote: Originally Posted by Lexandrous View Post
They should give players the option to be exempt from SGR features/content that they may implement.
Yeah it's called "not choosing the [Flirt] option". You're asking for a toggle. It has been stated, time and again, that such a thing is not allowed. Would you like me to link to Mr. Musco's statement on anti-gay toggles? Would you like me to point out that discussing or advocating for anti-gay toggles is against the forum rules and could be taken as hate speech? Would like me to point out that your previous posts have been near incoherent, because you appear to have ignored literally everything about the current OGR and SGR options in the game?

Would you like me to point out what the word "option" means?

vadess
01.26.2014 , 11:34 AM | #3174
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Yeah it's called "not choosing the [Flirt] option". You're asking for a toggle. It has been stated, time and again, that such a thing is not allowed. Would you like me to link to Mr. Musco's statement on anti-gay toggles? Would you like me to point out that discussing or advocating for anti-gay toggles is against the forum rules and could be taken as hate speech? Would like me to point out that your previous posts have been near incoherent, because you appear to have ignored literally everything about the current OGR and SGR options in the game?

Would you like me to point out what the word "option" means?
I think you should link it as these people fail to grasp the concept.
Crimsèn- Marksman Sniper

Tatile
01.26.2014 , 01:15 PM | #3175
Quote: Originally Posted by vadess View Post
I think you should link it as these people fail to grasp the concept.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...16#edit6019216

"As a gentle reminder: Discussion of the implementation of toggles to filter same gender romance options is considered discriminatory language and is neither appropriate nor allowed on the forums. Posts along this vein of discussion will be removed. "

Dun dun duh.

vadess
01.26.2014 , 03:37 PM | #3176
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...16#edit6019216

"As a gentle reminder: Discussion of the implementation of toggles to filter same gender romance options is considered discriminatory language and is neither appropriate nor allowed on the forums. Posts along this vein of discussion will be removed. "

Dun dun duh.
And in reality it's no better than keeping the black people at the back of the bus, the Asian immigrants on the other side of the river, and people with mental or physical disabilities locked away in some building.

I think I'll add Musco's quote to the suggestion box for SGR companions, as there are some people missing the memo.
Crimsèn- Marksman Sniper

Tatile
01.26.2014 , 04:06 PM | #3177
Quote: Originally Posted by vadess View Post
And in reality it's no better than keeping the black people at the back of the bus, the Asian immigrants on the other side of the river, and people with mental or physical disabilities locked away in some building.

I think I'll add Musco's quote to the suggestion box for SGR companions, as there are some people missing the memo.
Be sure to preserve the original link, in case people accuse you of pulling it out of thin air.

vadess
01.26.2014 , 07:52 PM | #3178
I did. Linked it directly to the post.
Crimsèn- Marksman Sniper

Sanguiluna
01.27.2014 , 12:10 AM | #3179
The way I see it, if gay players have had to constantly look at the straight [Flirt] options since day one and have managed to ignore them and go on with their lives, I fail to see why straight players should get special treatment.

Personally, even though I'm straight as a board, I'd like to see SGR options. It would be useful especially for my Agent: as masters of subtlety and deception, I can easily imagine a straight male Agent playing a homosexual NPC like a fiddle to get as much out of him before just leaving him, like a male Mata Hari. It would definitely open up more gameplay options. One of the things I liked about the female Agent in the beginning was that one scene where you could seduce some NPC to stop him from blowing your cover, but unfortunately the male Agent never had such options.
It is always midnight in the writer's soul.

vadess
01.31.2014 , 04:32 PM | #3180
Is anyone going to the cantina tour that's tonight? I think it's in Arizona. Perhaps a few should ask about SGR coming to SWTOR.
Crimsèn- Marksman Sniper