Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender romance discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender romance discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jandi
01.24.2014 , 06:45 PM | #3161
Quote: Originally Posted by eartharioch View Post
Lol, how do you pronounce USians? us-ee-enz? yew-ess-ee-enz? yewj-enz? ush-enz? And the country is the U.S.A., so USAsians would seem to be a better fit, and flow better (yew-ess-ajh-enz), but I'll leave the problems with that term as an exercise for the reader
Muppets. That's how you pronounce it.

eartharioch
01.24.2014 , 10:38 PM | #3162
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
First one, ish. Only things Americans (USians) know in their day-to-day are censored. It's why you can use a British racial epithet (starts with n, rhymes with eggnog) on these forums with impunity. The word doesn't exist in the US, even if over here it's pretty much the same as the ubiquitous 'n'word. (Generally used by older generations.
Next you're going to tell me that Porch Monkey is a racial slur...

(Sorry, I was looking up something else yesterday and ran across that scene...but your word is around 1:36 into the scene.)
Q: What did the five fingers say to the face?
A: It's a SLAP!

Lexandrous
01.25.2014 , 05:05 PM | #3163
I guess the in game same-sex romances was something that Mass Effect started that spills over into other games.

With introducing this you would need to keep in mind the players that are not pro-gay.
Personally i don't want to see it and hopefully can make changes that can make your character exempt from having same gender players from flirting with you.

With the same gender romance options on the Makeb story line. I just don't bother with it.
Yes some people are gay, bought what us more important is that in game they can keep me alive in raids or keep mobs off me.

The thing is you're running the risk of this snowballing into something else.
Instead of having fun with an MMO creating your own saga and enjoying the Star Wars fantasy.

There will be more same-sex romance options that will simply put some players off.
So whatever Bioware plans to do please keep it an individual option for characters and not something that would effect others online.

Like getting snowballed in Life Day Event or Infected during Rakghoul infestation.

Bleeters
01.25.2014 , 05:23 PM | #3164
Quote: Originally Posted by Lexandrous View Post
With introducing this you would need to keep in mind the players that are not pro-gay.
No, I don't.

vadess
01.25.2014 , 05:27 PM | #3165
I guess the in game same-sex romances was something that Mass Effect started that spills over into other games.

Personally i don't want to see it and hopefully can make changes that can make your character exempt from having same gender players from flirting with you.

With the same gender romance options on the Makeb story line. I just don't bother with it.
Yes some people are gay, bought what us more important is that in game they can keep me alive in raids or keep mobs off me.

Instead of having fun with an MMO creating your own saga and enjoying the Star Wars fantasy.

There will be more same-sex romance options that will simply put some players off.
So whatever Bioware plans to do please keep it an individual option for characters and not something that would effect others online.

Like getting snowballed in Life Day Event or Infected during Rakghoul infestation.
I honestly don't get your position as flirting, regardless the gender of the who flirts with your character, is not gonna kill you or your character and no body is making you click the [flirt] options. Never mind the fact that you don't seem to mind if an NPC of the other gender flirts with your toon.

If something as harmless as a [flirt] indicator is a game breaker for some then those some people I don't want to play alongside anyway as this game shouldn't havehave room for bigotry.
Noxturna- DPS Juggernaut, Begeren Colony
Caedusios- Tanking Assassin, Begeren Colony
Crimsèn- Marksman Sniper

Lesaberisa
01.25.2014 , 05:39 PM | #3166
I don't think you realize how devastating it is to other people's gameplay experience when you choose a same gender flirt in your dialogue wheel. Even worse when the same gender flirt is in their own dialogue window and they're forced to take it.
Finest mediocre fanfic this side of the Outer Rim:Trooper / Inquisitor

Xilizhra
01.25.2014 , 05:39 PM | #3167

Wat?

Players can flirt with you whenever they damned well please, through text chat. Other people, you have to choose to flirt with, as ever (although Tharan I kind of had to swat away). I have no idea what you're even concerned about.

Lexandrous
01.25.2014 , 07:38 PM | #3168
Quote: Originally Posted by Xilizhra View Post
Wat?

Players can flirt with you whenever they damned well please, through text chat. Other people, you have to choose to flirt with, as ever (although Tharan I kind of had to swat away). I have no idea what you're even concerned about.
I would like to think that Bioware staff check out their forums. even if it is just to see the views and opinions of the community on different topics.

My concerns are if Bioware would continue the same gender romance option in future content and expansions.
If they do implement these changes. Would it be left as an individual choice for players? or will these changes effect the entire Swtor community?

For example players can choose to pursue the SGR or just get on with the game.

Its good to have these discussion but for now would just have to take a wait and see approach.

Lexandrous
01.25.2014 , 07:51 PM | #3169
Quote: Originally Posted by vadess View Post
I honestly don't get your position as flirting, regardless the gender of the who flirts with your character, is not gonna kill you or your character and no body is making you click the [flirt] options. Never mind the fact that you don't seem to mind if an NPC of the other gender flirts with your toon.

If something as harmless as a [flirt] indicator is a game breaker for some then those some people I don't want to play alongside anyway as this game shouldn't havehave room for bigotry.
At the risk of descending into an argument on the forums I will respond.

The emotes in game are a fun and entertaining feature.
But I think an issue may be that some mistake: not pro-gay + embrace/celebrate it = Homophobia or bigotry.

Is same gender flirting with my character a game breaker? No.
Just if Bioware will implement this in future content and expansions.

They should give players the option to be exempt from SGR features/content that they may implement.

Xilizhra
01.25.2014 , 08:17 PM | #3170
I would like to think that Bioware staff check out their forums. even if it is just to see the views and opinions of the community on different topics.

My concerns are if Bioware would continue the same gender romance option in future content and expansions.
If they do implement these changes. Would it be left as an individual choice for players? or will these changes effect the entire Swtor community?

For example players can choose to pursue the SGR or just get on with the game.

Its good to have these discussion but for now would just have to take a wait and see approach.
I'm still "wat"ing. They'd be exactly like every other romance option.