Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Bolster Exploit

Twin
01.24.2014 , 04:06 AM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
You can argue that its gamebreaking on multiple levels. The severity is purely subjective, but gamebreaking nonetheless.

The frustration here is evidence that something is wrong. Thats gamebreaking in my book..
I completly agree and besides, since when does something have to be completly and utterly FUBAR'd before it's legit to get annoyed and demand a fix to the issue?

One guy think it's gamebreaking, another finds it an annoyance and a third considers it to be barely an advantage. Meanwhile everyone agrees that bolster is bugged, so yeah lets knowingly leave bugs like this in effect, nothing bad could ever come out of that?

Obviously this needs fixing asap. Anything else would be beyond bad, specially since the dev team have failed time after time to fix this Bolster system of theirs, which just seems to show evidence of being broken to the core for each patch they roll out.

It's obvious that they need to fix bolster imo, wether it's gamebreaking or not.
TWINMOON
"Click my -Referral Link- below for some helpful rewards
http://www.swtor.com/r/kBLBlJ
Reward Info: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

Technohic
01.24.2014 , 07:22 AM | #92
What they should do, since they go piece by piece to bolster; is then set a hard cap on any stat overall that is affected by bolster to be at what it would be with conqueror gear. Then, with the first piece of Conq you get, you can get some progression by being able to go for a stat in the armor that would push it over the hard capped bolster stat.

Still make sure everyone has a good baseline entry, yet makes PvP gear worth something and impossible to have PvE out do PvP equipment giving a clear cut path on what to work toward.

TUXs
01.24.2014 , 11:46 AM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
Crafted gear BiS, PvE and PvP give unique skins. This is the way to do gearing properly.
While I completely agree with you, take a look at recent updates.

We used to have different skins for every class, every advanced class, every tier of PvP gear AND PvE gear. Every set of gear a player wore showed, at a glance, what that player participated in. Since F2P and the CM, we now get ONE set of gear that looks virtually the same for Pubs or Imps, Troopers or Knights...

I agree, unique skins would be plenty, Bioware can't be bothered to take anything away from the store it seems.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Vodrin
01.24.2014 , 11:54 AM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
What they should do, since they go piece by piece to bolster; is then set a hard cap on any stat overall that is affected by bolster to be at what it would be with conqueror gear. Then, with the first piece of Conq you get, you can get some progression by being able to go for a stat in the armor that would push it over the hard capped bolster stat.

Still make sure everyone has a good baseline entry, yet makes PvP gear worth something and impossible to have PvE out do PvP equipment giving a clear cut path on what to work toward.
I completely agree with this and have already suggested this exact solution. I also believe that you should be able to get the same level of stats from crafting, questing, PvP or PvE (make the max stat budget the same for each) with raid/PvP purchased gear allowing a greater degree of stat customization for min/maxing and having much better looking skins.

Technohic
01.24.2014 , 11:55 AM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by Loki_ View Post
Best combo is

Two scun dps parts 61/69/63 +15% critical on back blast bonus
Two scun dps parts 69/63/61 +15% critical on blaster whip bonus

Drops most classes in 3 hits when the crits align
Going to be even funnier in 2.6 when they buff scun and op dps
I don't know about 3 hits but 15% critical on 2 different bread and butter moves when soft cap otherwise is around 25% is kind of a big deal.

Like I said in another thread, I need to start PvE ing

L-RANDLE
01.24.2014 , 12:40 PM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by Loki_ View Post
Best combo is

Two scun dps parts 61/69/63 +15% critical on back blast bonus
Two scun dps parts 69/63/61 +15% critical on blaster whip bonus

Drops most classes in 3 hits when the crits align
Going to be even funnier in 2.6 when they buff scun and op dps
Episode 2.6: Return of the Noob-Cannon

Ah... I miss the days hearing Noob-Sticks going off like crazy and LMAO at the highjinx of Merr.
I don't have this AC, but it brings a smile to my face that it will return to roflmao status..
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

Uber_the_Goober
01.24.2014 , 12:44 PM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by iRedRIng View Post
8v8 huttball league would actually suck. In competitive games you won't be killing the other team when they get the ball at least 90 percent of times so it just comes down to who gets ball at mid which will often come down to connection.
This is easily fixed by having 5 ball spawn points, randomly disperesd throughout the map, and equal distances from each goal. Never know where it's going to pop up
POT5 COMMANDO - CAPTAIN OBV'IOUS
SENTINEL - PICKLE'JAR

AMONG OTHERS...
See you in the warzones, muppets.

DarthRaika
01.24.2014 , 12:57 PM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
This is easily fixed by having 5 ball spawn points, randomly disperesd throughout the map, and equal distances from each goal. Never know where it's going to pop up
I would say that if they did make a competitive huttball league then it should include a small nerf to guard. Maybe guard only transfers 25% of dmg. Also, they could do things like make it so that the most a team could hold the ball would be around 2.5 minutes. Just include an increasing dmg tick around 2 minutes. It is definitely doable and I'm sure they could think of a few other things to make matches more dynamic.

Vodrin
01.24.2014 , 01:06 PM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRaika View Post
I would say that if they did make a competitive huttball league then it should include a small nerf to guard. Maybe guard only transfers 25% of dmg. Also, they could do things like make it so that the most a team could hold the ball would be around 2.5 minutes. Just include an increasing dmg tick around 2 minutes. It is definitely doable and I'm sure they could think of a few other things to make matches more dynamic.
Strength of guard should remain as is and they should add a 10 second cooldown to guard target swap.

DarthRaika
01.24.2014 , 01:32 PM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by Vodrin View Post
Strength of guard should remain as is and they should add a 10 second cooldown to guard target swap.
Currently, I completely agree with you, but if there was a ranked huttball league then I think what I said would work better. A tank would still be very much needed even with this decrease in guard but the matches would be more dynamic and less turtle-ish. A ranked team that didn't bring a tank would still be at a major disadvantage.

Also maybe my % is off. Maybe it should be 30-40% instead of 25% but it should still be lowered. I do like what you said about the guard switch though. Would make you think who you put guard on.