Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Slicing] Thermal Regulator Critical Success Rate

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Slicing] Thermal Regulator Critical Success Rate

Doolander
10.01.2013 , 04:05 PM | #1
Not complaining, just some data I have collected.

After running 100 Unsliceable missions using Andronikos with max affection I have achieved 24 Critical Successes yielding a total of 96 Thermal Regulators.

I know it is totally random but just to point to people who may think it's broken.

It would be interesting to see if anyone else has collected similar data.

Major_Jynx
01.20.2014 , 09:35 PM | #2
I feel that +2 crit doesn't seem like enough to warrant the difference I get from crafting.

Using my jugg companions and HK which is a plus 1.

116 earned bio mechanical chip and only 8 thermal regulators. which comes out to earning regulators 6.8% of the time.

wainot-keel
01.20.2014 , 10:35 PM | #3
Since 2.4 I did 528 missions (only Unsliceable?, not bothering at all with Watching the Watchdogs) and my crit rate is 24,34% and my fail rate is 6,63%.
I use 2 Andronikos, 2 Scorpios, 1 T7 and 1 Vette

It has its ups and downs. This current rate is the highest for me. For a week I might hit a streak of bad luck and numbers start dropping, which is definitely frustrating.....

DarthTHC
01.21.2014 , 09:41 AM | #4
It's super spikey. I'll go days and get only a couple crits then have a day that almost every mission crits.

psandak
01.21.2014 , 10:30 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
It's super spikey. I'll go days and get only a couple crits then have a day that almost every mission crits.
So what? It's human nature to assume that random == even, but the opposite is in fact the case: random =/= even. In any randomly generated set of data, clusters happen. Only VERY large sets of data bear out the stated odds.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Ulunnes (Commando)
Zaggema (Sin) Daellia (Merc) Carrud (Marauder) Quith'edi'ata (Operative)

high end schematics * best crew skills * crew skill money making * Probability 101
"You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give it to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something else" Steve Jobs

MilesTeg_cy
01.24.2014 , 07:28 AM | #6
The definition of "random"
All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. - Frank Herbert

psikofunkster
07.16.2014 , 03:15 PM | #7
The gathering is bugged.

psandak
07.16.2014 , 03:51 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by psikofunkster View Post
The gathering is bugged.
Data please.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Ulunnes (Commando)
Zaggema (Sin) Daellia (Merc) Carrud (Marauder) Quith'edi'ata (Operative)

high end schematics * best crew skills * crew skill money making * Probability 101
"You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give it to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something else" Steve Jobs

Grayseven
07.16.2014 , 04:14 PM | #9
I've seen the same. I have many toons with slicing and I'll quite often log on and check them and it's funny how one day none of them have proc'd a crit and the next day all of them have.

Ultimately, I always have more TR's than I need, which means I get to sell them to people who need them. Win/win.
"50 Grades of Shae", a heart-warming novel about a Mandalorian that delivers beat-downs and assigns grades to her victims.

Nazdika
07.16.2014 , 04:51 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by psikofunkster View Post
The gathering is bugged.
One gets thermal regulators with 2 missions, not with gathering. All is normal in my missions.