Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

EMERGENCY ALERT: Rakghoul Plague Outbreak on Alderaan – AVOID ALDERAAN!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
EMERGENCY ALERT: Rakghoul Plague Outbreak on Alderaan – AVOID ALDERAAN!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Starprotectorz
01.23.2014 , 10:18 PM | #41
Yea avoid Alderaan right guys? -nudge nudge, wink wink- lol

JattaGin
01.24.2014 , 05:57 AM | #42
I just had a terrible thought:

What if the plague cannot be contained. What if it spreads further and further. Now it is only on Alderaan. But I heard that some people on the fleet already showed symptoms.

What if someone is infected and unknowingly brings it to another planet, for example Corellia. Or Tatooine.

We lost already so many soldiers in the Alderaanian tunnels... but the rakghouls keep getting more and more.

What if the whole galaxy will be infected eventually. All our heroes will die. The planets will be empty. All infrastructure will be shut down. The Old Republic will be no longer.

[It would be quite clever, if BW would use this event to shut down this game for good when the day has come that EA makes the decision. Would be cool to go down that way, I think. If you get the plague, your char will die for good. New characters cannot be started anymore (since the end of the game has been announced). Eventually, every player will die from the plague. Somehow, that seems like an epic way to end a game. Until then, we keep on fighting.]
<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>
Looking for a referal? Here you go.
What is this? Check the info.
Thank you and have fun!

AlrikFassbauer
01.24.2014 , 07:06 AM | #43
That's an interesting thought. It reminds me of current Zombie movies.

However, I do believe right now that it might actuall travel from planet to planet ... That would be vvery clever, too.
And I think that there are some hints already towards that.
I'm a bad player.
I have no good reputation.
I never will.
Only bad reputation.

Dragen
01.24.2014 , 01:54 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
That's an interesting thought. It reminds me of current Zombie movies.

However, I do believe right now that it might actuall travel from planet to planet ... That would be vvery clever, too.
And I think that there are some hints already towards that.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can imagine it to be in beautiful war torn Corellia next time it starts and that might be in next month. Good that it lasts only a week at a time cause it's already way too simple to get Rep for factions in Swtor cause of it's simple mode Legacy system. Really love this new pimped event,thanks Bioware

- Terry -
http://raptr.com/badge/appendix/fs_pc.png " “Arrakis teaches the attitude of the Knife - Chopping off what's incomplete and saying: 'Now, it's complete because it's ended here.' - From "Collected Sayings of Maud'Dib'' by the Princess Irulan”

Nydus
01.24.2014 , 02:41 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by light_senshi View Post
Avoid Alderaan. And Fleet. So if you have to go to either, don't plan on staying any longer than you have to. Invariably, there's going to be those who take perverse pleasure in running around infecting everyone else.
That is exactly what I'm going to; thank you.

- Arcada
The Arcada Legacy (Ebon Hawk)
Ord'os (Lvl.55 Sorcerer), Naresa (Lvl.53 Operative), Jagrafess (Lvl.19 Marauder)
Nydus (Lvl.54 Shadow), Toclafane (Lvl.27 Guardian)

Atrabilious
01.24.2014 , 05:15 PM | #46
Ohhh... now I understand why they made it harder to infect and easier to cure the disease... It's pretty annoying that I vomit on people and they don't get infected though
I love infecting people, everyone having vaccines is okay I guess, but the quest start literally said that there was no cure!!

Quote: Originally Posted by jwangner View Post
The groups taking the virus to the starting planets and watching people learn the game panic and die is priceless. The Developers wanted this to take place or else the plague would be designed so once you leave Alderan the plaque would drop as to not effect the gameplay of those not choosing to do the event. Griefing the the starter planets is where I am with a lounge chair. You should see the new people who chose to play the game quit the game because they have no idea what is hitting them Good Job Dev team. Love the grief ability you built in to this..... Now off to Hutta lol. So many newbs to annoy and watch them rage quit not to return
THANK YOU for the genius idea!!

Atrabilious
01.24.2014 , 05:18 PM | #47
Also, first time this event went on it was incurable, right? And vomiting on other people would infect them? There were also some decontamination soldiers that would attack you before getting on your ship if you were infected...

Atalantia
01.26.2014 , 10:23 AM | #48
Well if the plague is that bad shouldn't the guards on the fleet kill the peons with the disease when they come stand around the GTN and mail boxes trying to spread it?

Or better yet give everyone an insta kill ability to kill anyone wishing to spread the disease and give them rep with the faction for doing so. Then the griever that posted above could be grieved in return
Was before F2P

SuperGrunt
01.26.2014 , 02:17 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
The Hyland Organization for Rakghoul Neutralization (T.H.O.R.N.) has issued an official level-2 emergency alert concerning an outbreak of the Rakghoul plague on Alderaan.

Read More
Honestly I LOL at the people that QQ about the PVP in these events, so no I did not come here to do that, although I do have a couple of complaints about this event.

1. Lack of communication about the event. There is not a single dev post in the forums that tells us how long it is going for, nor directing us to check the In-game Events page to fund out more info about it. The only link is the one above which makes no mention of length. Also we don't know how often it will be returning, so we don't really know if we can be casual about it, or if we need to be super hardcore and do it on 16 characters every day.

2. It's only 1 week long, combined with the above lack of telling us that it is only one week long in the forums, not posting a link to the In-game Events page, and not telling us when it's going to return. This is the first event not to be a confirmed monthly event that is only 1 week long. So if it's not a new monthly event only the No-Lifes with 16+ level 55's will be getting high levels of rep any time soon.

Other than those 2 items it's a really cool event, and I love the fact that there is bolster in the Boss fight for SM so that lowbies can participate as well. Maybe you could also add a way in the future to get the original Rakghoul event armor too without adding it to the Cartel Market.
Guild leader of {Imperial} <The Betrayed> & {Republic} <xX The Betrayed Xx> on The Harbinger. Recruitment Thread
My Twitch channel, both a link and the address so you can choose how you visit it. twitch.tv/otawo

SuperGrunt
01.26.2014 , 02:19 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by jwangner View Post
The groups taking the virus to the starting planets and watching people learn the game panic and die is priceless. The Developers wanted this to take place or else the plague would be designed so once you leave Alderan the plaque would drop as to not effect the gameplay of those not choosing to do the event. Griefing the the starter planets is where I am with a lounge chair. You should see the new people who chose to play the game quit the game because they have no idea what is hitting them Good Job Dev team. Love the grief ability you built in to this..... Now off to Hutta lol. So many newbs to annoy and watch them rage quit not to return
Ok please Bioware ban this fool for driving away potential raiders/PVPers/customers.

Quote: Originally Posted by Atrabilious View Post
Ohhh... now I understand why they made it harder to infect and easier to cure the disease... It's pretty annoying that I vomit on people and they don't get infected though
I love infecting people, everyone having vaccines is okay I guess, but the quest start literally said that there was no cure!!

THANK YOU for the genius idea!!
And this guy too!
Guild leader of {Imperial} <The Betrayed> & {Republic} <xX The Betrayed Xx> on The Harbinger. Recruitment Thread
My Twitch channel, both a link and the address so you can choose how you visit it. twitch.tv/otawo