End Game Profits

bskiing

Hello, I am back from about a 1.5 year hiatus and have some questions on the current state of the economy and Crew Skills.

I can see that the gathering skills (bio, scav, slicing) are good for some decent cash, but what crew skills provide the best profit after completely maxing out? I have maxed most crew skills on one char or another.

When I quit playing, I had like 1.5 million credits and never wanted for anything. Now that's just a drop in the bucket, just trying to find out where the "big" credit potential lies.

Thank you very much.

Hello, I am back from about a 1.5 year hiatus and have some questions on the current state of the economy and Crew Skills.

I can see that the gathering skills (bio, scav, slicing) are good for some decent cash, but what crew skills provide the best profit after completely maxing out? I have maxed most crew skills on one char or another.

When I quit playing, I had like 1.5 million credits and never wanted for anything. Now that's just a drop in the bucket, just trying to find out where the "big" credit potential lies.

Thank you very much.

Cybertech (if you raid for top level patterns/mats).

Augment/Augment Kit providers.

That's about it, from a crew skills. Rare Drops from the Cartel Market fetch the best though...

My advice is two-fold: Quantity over quality, and slow and steady wins the race.

What I mean by quantity over quality is: lots of little sales over fewer big ticket items. The big ticket items, might fetch more than a million credits, but the profit margin (as a function percentage) is very small; in most cases profiting depends on crits. OTOH, lower total value items have good profit margins (sometimes as high as 300%) even without crits.

Which leads into slow and steady win the race. Selling 100 items at 15k a piece takes time, the profit margins are MUCH better and one never has to doing anything other than run missions for materials and crafting those materials into "finished goods." With higher end items, your choice is either pay someone else to spend time running dailies and HMFPs and Operations; or you must do those things yourself. You save credits and increase your profits by getting all those grade 10 exotic materials yourself, but it requires a LOT of time.

I have all the crafting crew skills and they all have items that sell well, but Cybertech armorings and mods, and artifice dye modules are my most consistent sellers. I only post once a day, and invariably all my dye modules have sold and 75% to 90% of the armorings and mods are sold.

My advice is two-fold: Quantity over quality, and slow and steady wins the race.

What I mean by quantity over quality is: lots of little sales over fewer big ticket items. The big ticket items, might fetch more than a million credits, but the profit margin (as a function percentage) is very small; in most cases profiting depends on crits. OTOH, lower total value items have good profit margins (sometimes as high as 300%) even without crits.

Which leads into slow and steady win the race. Selling 100 items at 15k a piece takes time, the profit margins are MUCH better and one never has to doing anything other than run missions for materials and crafting those materials into "finished goods." With higher end items, your choice is either pay someone else to spend time running dailies and HMFPs and Operations; or you must do those things yourself. You save credits and increase your profits by getting all those grade 10 exotic materials yourself, but it requires a LOT of time.

I have all the crafting crew skills and they all have items that sell well, but Cybertech armorings and mods, and artifice dye modules are my most consistent sellers. I only post once a day, and invariably all my dye modules have sold and 75% to 90% of the armorings and mods are sold.

Duran'del here:

Totally agree with you. When I log onto my Healer Commando, most of my mods and armorings have sold. I hardly sell purples, but I may if I crit. Sometimes the mails come in when I'm doing an Op:D

I'll log on, and BAM! Small fortune. It's awesome :)

Seismic Grenades are also a really good choice to sell if your server has an active non-GSF PvP community. If you sell those at ~10k-20k, you can earn a decent amount.