Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Future Content...

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

View Poll Results: Vote for what you want most for future content...Pick up to 5
Class Story 2,318 69.28%
Operations 927 27.70%
PvP Content (Warzones, Arena's etc) 1,287 38.46%
Companions 883 26.39%
Space Content (beyond what is coming already) 618 18.47%
Planets 1,391 41.57%
Crew Skills and Crafting 582 17.39%
Character Customization Options (Hair, Faces, Body sizes, etc) 812 24.27%
Legacy 833 24.90%
Mini Games (Sabacc, Pod racing, pazaak, etc) 1,309 39.12%
Playable Races 984 29.41%
New Class 1,383 41.33%
Other 225 6.72%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3346. You may not vote on this poll

Andryah
01.19.2014 , 10:49 PM | #771
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafaman View Post
Tell you what though, I would like to re-experience the stories in HM. What I mean is, what if after you finish the class stories, it unlocks a hard mode option to run the instances again with mobs in HM. I would prefer 55 HM mode.
Now that would actually make sense.
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.

Lexandrous
01.20.2014 , 12:46 PM | #772
Class story would be something that needs to be progressed.
Because it keeps things moving and interesting from the daily rep grinding and comms gathering.

Once you get full Ultimate gear there is nothing left to do.
Its pretty much like "You become a Darth/Master and so on now what?" because the Republic and Empire still goes on.

If not you end up with characters on your account that you don't log unto for months because they and their companions full ultimate gear.

New Operations should come with a higher level cap.
As the galaxy is a tough place and there are always many challenges that demand your attention.
Just as new powers rise within the Empire and Republic so should new challenges and enemies to meet them.

New Planets would be nice as well as a faction that not just protects their neutrality but can actively challenge the galaxies super powers.
Similar to how the Yuuzhan Vong did after Return of the Jedi.

Hopefully the new planets will go beyond the Nostalgia of past planets from previous star wars games and continue exploration/discover anf story of the galaxy.

Deeper companion stories with current companions and not just adding more companions.
Especially given the romance options if the player chooses to marry them.

Could we see the aftermath of choices made?
For example Light-side jaessa eventually falling to the dark side.
or something reminding her of the Light do you let her find her own path? or kill the good left in her.

With character customization it would be nice to be able to shape your characters physique. makes it a it more unique cause you will soon find someone that chose the same options as you did.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr4KnUSGOtI
skip to 0:33.

With the Legacy System perhaps there could be a Legacy story or something.
Would there would be more than just perks for Legacy levels.
If you chose the same class as a higher level player on your legacy.

You could meet others npcs that remind you that "your mum/sister/friend" was the best bounty hunter they have seen and you're just stumbling in her shadow.

With the Legacy story or quests I mean players on your legacy would either be praised or suffer the fall out of what pass characters have done.

Faction progression.
Republic:
Will Governor Saresh aggressive Republic cause her to over reach?
Like "liberating" worlds and system from the Empire look more like conquest.
And have trouble with the senate.
Or believing the Empire to be a wounded beast continue the offensive and end up having major consequences.

Empire:
Someone or something able to unite the Empire.
With ambitious Sith Lords and the small scale civil wars the Empire spends more time fighting each other than the Republic or its expansion.

So either the Emperor or Imperial Guard unites Sith/Imperials and returns the Empire to the formidable force that it used to be.

The Imperial Royal Guard has a very rich history that is yet to be explored in The Old Republic.

With new playable races you would have to explain how they come to either faction but please don't make them available to both unless through species unlocks.

Would another race join the Empire like the Chiss? or would it be done like a race proves its worth to their conquerors?

Minigames prove to be a fun pass time and there is so much possibilities with pod-racing.

Could we see weapon customization?
Not just colors but shapes, sounds, markings.

You would need to make a poll for new classes and race.
With a new class it cant be another Jedi/Sith class.

Malake
01.20.2014 , 02:29 PM | #773
I would love a new class (well 2, mirrored one for empire, one for republic) along with all the story, companions etc. Although a big effort I think it would be doable, biggest single issue would be all the areas for class specific story on all the planets, not sure how they would handle that. Would be happy to pay for it. Would also like more class story for each of the classes but not sure that would be good use of the devs time. A lot of effort for content that would get finished pretty quickly.

Lexhorn
01.20.2014 , 02:48 PM | #774
Mini Games (Sabacc, Pod racing, pazaak, etc) is the stuff that has to be added asap ! Especially an elaborated Pod Racing game, with server ladder and customization, and crazy circuits on Tatooine !! Also, a Pazaak game with a galaxy ladder + rare cards should be great.

Aries_cz
01.20.2014 , 05:11 PM | #775
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafaman View Post
Tell you what though, I would like to re-experience the stories in HM. What I mean is, what if after you finish the class stories, it unlocks a hard mode option to run the instances again with mobs in HM. I would prefer 55 HM mode.

The drops could be updated accordingly as well as the comms. I'd love to see some of those last fights with the Emperor etc. etc. really become group fights almost like a Ops boss.

Just throwing that out there.
Yes, this would be pretty awesome for making class videos.
We already have these huge databanks and holopojectors on our ships, so turning that into a holodeck that would allow to replay the story in something similar like ME3's "action mode" (choices are preset, based on what you did before), with encounters harder (or not), should not be a problem (from in-universe standpoint, from game making standpoint, it would be a crapload of programming work)
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos or support me by clicking my Referral Link

Blackholeskipper
01.23.2014 , 07:13 AM | #776
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Well, first off.. nobody has to "ditch" a character... so stop exaggerating.

A person either wants to re-experience a class story, or they don't. Replaying a capped level player through the class story is zero thrill and zero challenge. So all those folks you just rationalized for..... try again. It's nobodies fault but their own that they space_barred or rushed through content.
It makes sense. It's not about the challenge, it's about experiencing the storyline. Imagine if you had friends that were already lvl 50 when you started out. That's what happened to me. They were constantly bugging me to lvl faster so we could do ops together but I wanted to try different characters and record my story (with fraps). So I ended up making a bunch of characters but I tried to lvl faster anyway and got burnt out and ended up quitting.

My friends got bored and quit too. Now I'm back to finish my storylines but we never got to quest together. Now, that's just my case and I don't need a story reset cause I have new alts BUT I bet a lot of players space-barred through or were under pressure to lvl faster when they started out, which is why an option to replay the story would be cool.

And it's been brought up many times in the forums already, it's not like there isn't any demand for it. Implementing a quest "reset" doesn't seem all that complicated so I think it'd be worth it. Plus it would add "extra" content at almost no work for Bioware.

Callaron
01.23.2014 , 09:57 AM | #777
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackholeskipper View Post
And it's been brought up many times in the forums already, it's not like there isn't any demand for it. Implementing a quest "reset" doesn't seem all that complicated so I think it'd be worth it. Plus it would add "extra" content at almost no work for Bioware.
Pretty sure it'd still be a lot of work.
It'd just be "different" work - no need to create new scenes, write plots or record voice acting. But there would probably be a lot of new coding involved, especially if they adjust the enemies to scale to level.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Want more Class stories? Let Bioware know!

Andryah
01.23.2014 , 10:28 AM | #778
Quote: Originally Posted by Callaron View Post
It'd just be "different" work - no need to create new scenes, write plots or record voice acting. But there would probably be a lot of new coding involved, especially if they adjust the enemies to scale to level.
/Agree.

People seem to not understand that code base for a modern MMO is gigantic, developed over years by many different players, and under changing requirements. In other words, it's probably a Gordian Knot of interdependencies where virtually nothing is "a simple change", not even if you spec'ed and designed the change in advance. Which is precisely why when they fix a bug it sometimes triggers a new bug or the resurgence of an old bug.
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.

TUXs
01.23.2014 , 11:08 AM | #779
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
People seem to not understand that code base for a modern MMO is gigantic, developed over years by many different players, and under changing requirements. In other words, it's probably a Gordian Knot of interdependencies where virtually nothing is "a simple change", not even if you spec'ed and designed the change in advance. Which is precisely why when they fix a bug it sometimes triggers a new bug or the resurgence of an old bug.
Big flippin deal. Does the cluster **** code mean people aren't allowed to ask for things they'd like? I have great confidence that Bioware can figure it out...I don't believe they're nearly as inept as you seem to think they all are.

I too would love to replay my class quest as it was. I have long felt that the Class story gets lost in the numerous side quests. That's why I make it a point to over level my toons as much as I could - so I could actually enjoy the CLASS quest without it being forgotten about.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Blackholeskipper
01.23.2014 , 11:25 AM | #780
Quote: Originally Posted by Callaron View Post
Dude, no scaling. Just a reset to allow you to repeat the quests. If this game was moddable it would've been done ages ago. I don't need it because I haven't finished the storyline on ANY characters but there is demand and it makes sense. It requires minimal effort and extends the replayablity of the game by a lot.

Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Big flippin deal. Does the cluster **** code mean people aren't allowed to ask for things they'd like? I have great confidence that Bioware can figure it out...I don't believe they're nearly as inept as you seem to think they all are.

I too would love to replay my class quest as it was. I have long felt that the Class story gets lost in the numerous side quests. That's why I make it a point to over level my toons as much as I could - so I could actually enjoy the CLASS quest without it being forgotten about.
Yea, I mean people make it sound like Bioware can't do ANYTHING because the game's code or engine or whatever is too difficult to modify. Well then maybe they shouldn't be running an MMO because you constantly have to add stuff.