Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

EMERGENCY ALERT: Rakghoul Plague Outbreak on Alderaan AVOID ALDERAAN!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
EMERGENCY ALERT: Rakghoul Plague Outbreak on Alderaan AVOID ALDERAAN!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TaitWatson
01.22.2014 , 02:40 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
The Hyland Organization for Rakghoul Neutralization (T.H.O.R.N.) has issued an official level-2 emergency alert concerning an outbreak of the Rakghoul plague on Alderaan.

Read More
Tait "pariahloki" Watson | Community Production Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Sangrar
01.22.2014 , 03:20 PM | #2
I fought the plague when it first came, I sacrificed much to eleminate the plague, but now it has returned. Now its personal. FOR THE REPUBLIC!!!!!

Now if you will excuse me Tait I am off to shoot rakghouls and set their bodies on fire with my flamethrower

YES!! First one to post!
[Bastion]Guildmaster<Galactic Saviors>-War Hero Spaceboomer-55 Commando/Captain Starforce-55 Scoundrel/Darth Caddar-55 Juggernaut/Lord Brakaras-32 Assassin/Master Teckan-38 Sage/Firefighter-27 Powertech/Nightprowler-13 Sniper
refferal link for returning players and free character transfer and free inventory slot

Kalli
01.22.2014 , 04:05 PM | #3
How long is this supposed to last? 1 week or 2?

Alec_Fortescue
01.22.2014 , 04:08 PM | #4
Title says it's all - avoid Alderaan. THORN is requesting cannon fodder from both Empire and Republic but they don't even offer any significant or exclusive monetary and material rewards.

What's most important - they don't enforce order in their ranks, meaning that there is plenty of infighting among THORN members (with a lot of mortal casualties) from Empire and Republic. Basically - THORN doesn't give a damn that their soldiers are actually falling to their own members, not rakghouls they're fighting against.

Why does THORN tolerate its emergency responders fighting among themselves?!

Avoid Alderaan and THORN. You're risking your health, career, life, citizenship and mental health for nothing.
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

HKtheindomitable
01.22.2014 , 04:27 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalli View Post
Answer: I've heard it's only going until the 28th. Which is disappointing. But it also makes sense from an anti-short reputation grind perspective.
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread Guild Website
Casual PVP with Hardcore Determination
Prophecy of the Five | Justicar | International Guild

Nickious
01.22.2014 , 04:39 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalli View Post
http://www.swtor.com/info/in-game-events

Infernixx
01.22.2014 , 04:45 PM | #7
I hope you're not going to wait a year after the 28th before bringing it back again.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

EzioMessi
01.22.2014 , 04:57 PM | #8
28th? You mean it ends the day my exams end. Okay. No Varactyl for me I suppose....
Jung Ma - The Assassino Legacy <Dark Legion Empire>
Aetios - Level 55 Sentinel

Froippi
01.22.2014 , 05:04 PM | #9
did i read the event info right only one week so is this gonna work like the Bounty contract week where it comes back once a month

Infernixx
01.22.2014 , 05:08 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Froippi View Post
did i read the event info right only one week so is this gonna work like the Bounty contract week where it comes back once a month
That's an assumption. We don't know for certain just when they're bringing it back.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.