Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

11/3/33 dotsmash spec

paowee
01.22.2014 , 01:43 PM | #1
Ok so there are 2 Hybrid builds outside, 20/23/3 from newton and 11/8/27 from Akromious. There is another one similar to 11/8/27 that popped up in the heroics/fps/ops forums mentioned here

The spec 11/2/33 which uses Cascading Power with Deadly Saber and Rupture bleeds. It is still basically Rage spec but without Force Exhaustion (and Shockwave that comes with Force Exhaustion). Most of the damage still comes from Smash but followed closley behind by your bleeds.

Some raid parses using the aptly named.. dotsmash spec
Quote: Originally Posted by Lafay View Post
Quote:
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#10...bZfrMkbGkRfc.3

I don't think Atrixx has an AMR. The essence of it is giving up Force Crush to pick up Deadly Saber without sacrificing Cascading Power (as the other marauder hybrids generally do). Deadly Saber, Rupture, Obliterate, Smash, Force Scream, Ravage and Vicious Throw all on cooldown. It's fine to delay Rupture by a GCD or two if you can get it directly prior to a Smash. Try to keep Ravage within a Cascading Power buff (should be every third Smash exactly).

One perk of this spec is Deadly Saber's application is delayed by the use of Smash and Scream (neither of which exist in the Annihilation rotation), which means that you will generally get more ticks per activation than an Annihilation marauder will.
I looked at the logs and wrote a little something about the spec

Marauder / Sentinel dotsmash hybrid → http://swtorboard.org/2014/01/22/loo...der-dps-build/
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

KeyboardNinja
01.22.2014 , 01:52 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
Ok so there are 2 Hybrid builds outside, 20/23/3 from newton and 11/8/27 from Akromious. There is another one similar to 11/8/27 that popped up in the heroics/fps/ops forums mentioned here by KBN. The "inventor" according to him is a Marauder from his server Ebon Hawk named Attrix.
Correction: Atrixx is just the most current (and highest-parsing) user of the spec. The first user of the spec I ever saw was Charadith. His original parse (before dummy modifiers) is here: http://www.torparse.com/a/481749/tim...0/Damage+Dealt
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dragonslayer on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (combat sentinel) Nimri (df scoundrel)
Averith (hybrid sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (jugg tank) Effek (ap powertech)

ML_DoubleTap
01.22.2014 , 02:09 PM | #3
Correction, I was first! http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=545615. Wait, that was pre-2.0 :P

I used to run the focus/watchmen hybrid in pvp..because spec ADD. It's funny there cuz people see dots and think watchmen, but then you bust out a beastly force sweep. It was even nicer before they took singularity away from Force Stasis/Choke and all force attacks(bleeds/burns) got a 30% boost, but Heightened/Cascading Power is a really solid boost.
<Proper Villians> Rhees Bonkurz

<Army of Light> Tann'se Siir Atone Askar Grills

ML_DoubleTap
01.22.2014 , 02:58 PM | #4
Looking a little closer there's (obviously) some differences to the old lvl 50 version...one of the perks that stood out to me back then was the 30% from Bleedout and the 30% from Dark Resonance(only 15% now). It's not possible to get Bleedout and Cascading Power...at least not without sacrificing the Accuracy boost. It would be interesting to see the difference in swapping Cascading Power for Bleedout. I'm sure a more ambitious theorycrafter than I could figure out pretty quickly whether a 9% boost that's up ~60% of the time wins over a 30% boost to your bleeds that crit 30-40% of the time.

akabane_k
01.23.2014 , 02:45 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ML_DoubleTap View Post
Looking a little closer there's (obviously) some differences to the old lvl 50 version...one of the perks that stood out to me back then was the 30% from Bleedout and the 30% from Dark Resonance(only 15% now). It's not possible to get Bleedout and Cascading Power...at least not without sacrificing the Accuracy boost. It would be interesting to see the difference in swapping Cascading Power for Bleedout. I'm sure a more ambitious theorycrafter than I could figure out pretty quickly whether a 9% boost that's up ~60% of the time wins over a 30% boost to your bleeds that crit 30-40% of the time.
it isnt worth it, bleeds are 20% dmg, crit 30% of the time, and a 30% surge will increase the total dmg of a crit by about 15-20%. .2*.3*.2=1.2% .2*.3*.15=.9%. cascade is .09*.6=5.4%

Lafay
01.23.2014 , 03:52 AM | #6
Whatever or whoever made it, I FREAKING LOVE IT! Also i am working on getting a bit more acc to make it better. Also dont forget about goresmash, 2/22/23 it has some huge burst/smashes but really crappy dps(good for pvp)
Lafayette - ROFLSMASHCOPTER
Leighvi - Tank<>DPS everything in between.
Sparky - NOT A HEALER (most of the time)
Emilia - HEALER (all the time)
Stealthy - Midbies are fun yo.
http://www.twitch.tv/lafaygts
http://www.youtube.com/user/lafaygts

Alucardess
01.23.2014 , 10:58 AM | #7
Wow. The damage this does does more than my Watchman (Ima Sentinel, but we don't have this on our forums, so I'm over here), even when I'm screwing up all over the place. I haven't time to read the log real closely, but does he Smash on CD or Smash when Shockwave procs are present.

KeyboardNinja
01.23.2014 , 11:48 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Alucardess View Post
Wow. The damage this does does more than my Watchman (Ima Sentinel, but we don't have this on our forums, so I'm over here), even when I'm screwing up all over the place. I haven't time to read the log real closely, but does he Smash on CD or Smash when Shockwave procs are present.
On cooldown.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dragonslayer on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (combat sentinel) Nimri (df scoundrel)
Averith (hybrid sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (jugg tank) Effek (ap powertech)

paowee
01.23.2014 , 12:39 PM | #9
The dotsmash spec can hit the 3800 DPS mark.. here's a parse by lafayette

http://www.torparse.com/a/561758/63/0/Overview

And some extra raid videos from his twitch http://www.twitch.tv/lafaygts/c/3596435
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

ML_DoubleTap
01.23.2014 , 12:46 PM | #10
Read though Paowee's guide closer and messed with this a bit last night. I can't say for sure if it's optimal, but for me it seemed to work well to cycle my Overload Saber as such: Apply 1 stack -> Blade Storm -> Apply 2nd Stack -> Force Sweep -> Apply 3rd Stack. Doing this you get 2 ticks for each of your first 2 stacks and 3 ticks at 3 stacks(as usual). This gives you basically 100% uptime on Overload Saber...3sec at 1 & 2 stacks, 6 sec at 3 stacks, refresh.

I forgot to upload my log, but I did find a cycle of Atrixx's parse that was similar. I removed some lines to make it a little more readable.

07:44:51.222 Atrixx activates Deadly Saber.
07:44:51.826 Atrixx activates Obliterate. <- Applies first stack
07:44:51.827 Atrixx's Deadly Saber adds effect Bleeding (Physical) to Operations Training Dummy.
07:44:51.827 Atrixx's Bleeding (Physical) hits Operations Training Dummy for 424 internal damage, causing 424 threat. <--1st tick at 1 stack
07:44:52.529 Atrixx's Obliterate hits Operations Training Dummy for 2865 energy damage, causing 2865 threat.
07:44:53.418 Atrixx activates Smash.
07:44:53.419 Atrixx's Smash critically hits Operations Training Dummy for 8808* kinetic damage, causing 8808 threat!
07:44:54.091 Atrixx's Obliterate misses Operations Training Dummy, causing 1 threat.
07:44:54.966 Atrixx's Bleeding (Physical) hits Operations Training Dummy for 459 internal damage, causing 459 threat. <--2nd tick at 1 stack
07:44:54.966 Atrixx activates Rupture. <--Applies 2nd Stack
07:44:54.968 Atrixx's Rupture adds effect Bleeding (Physical) to Operations Training Dummy.
07:44:54.969 Atrixx's Bleeding (Physical) critically hits Operations Training Dummy for 1705* internal damage, causing 1705 threat! <--1st tick at 2 stacks
07:44:55.697 Atrixx's Rupture critically hits Operations Training Dummy for 1911* energy damage, causing 1911 threat!
07:44:55.747 Atrixx's Rupture misses Operations Training Dummy, causing 1 threat.
07:44:56.010 Atrixx's Bleeding (Physical) critically hits Operations Training Dummy for 929* internal damage, causing 929 threat!
07:44:56.527 Atrixx activates Force Scream.
07:44:56.832 Atrixx's Force Scream hits Operations Training Dummy for 3644 kinetic damage, causing 3644 threat.
07:44:57.010 Atrixx's Bleeding (Physical) hits Operations Training Dummy for 501 internal damage, causing 501 threat.
07:44:57.941 Atrixx's Bleeding (Physical) hits Operations Training Dummy for 1002 internal damage, causing 1002 threat. <--2nd tick at 2 stacks
07:44:57.941 Atrixx's Bleeding (Physical) hits Operations Training Dummy for 539 internal damage, causing 539 threat.
07:44:58.021 Atrixx activates Vicious Slash. <--Applies 3rd stack
07:44:58.022 Atrixx's Force Lash hits Operations Training Dummy for 245 energy damage, causing 245 threat.
07:44:58.023 Atrixx's Bleeding (Physical) hits Operations Training Dummy for 1617 internal damage, causing 1617 threat. <--1st tick at 3 stacks
07:44:58.023 Atrixx loses Deadly Saber.

The above isn't quite what I described because Smash and Scream are swapped in order, but it shows the 7 ticks over the full 12s cooldown of Deadly Saber. This should be possible every single Overload Saber because Force Sweep, Blade Storm and Overload Saber are all natural 12sec cooldowns. With the cooldown reduction on smash it will be off cooldown for a bit to make this OS cycle work correctly and I can't say for sure if the 100% uptime is better or worse than getting Force Sweep slightly more often than once every 12 sec. Looking at Atrixx's 1.5mil parse he had 37 smashes and doing it every 12s would produce 33. So over 400sec, is higher bleed uptime worth 4 fewer smashes? It's a tough call. On the surface, probably not, but it would also ensure that you always have Cascading Power for your 3 stack ticks. Also, there's not many fights that allow for 6+ straight minutes on the target so the discrepancy in Smashes would shrink.

Another note, Paowee's write up lists Blade Storm as 15s cooldown, but it should be 12s. I'm not sure why Atrixx doesn't use it more often because it's on the same cooldown as Obliterate and is free w/ the proc so, I'd think he'd have the same amount of Obliterates, Screams and Smashes.

ps. Sorry for the interchanging of Sentinel and Marauder terminology...I don't have a Marauder so the Sent terms are more familiar.