Rakghoul Vaccine - Does Not Persist Through Death

Andryah

Much gnashing of teeth and wailing about this in general discussion.

Is this working as intended, or was this an oversight by the dev team?

People recall that last Rakghoul event the vaccines persisted through death.

Inquiring souls would like some gold words of wisdom on this, please. :)

Hey all!

The Rakghoul Vaccine is not intended to persist through death. If an effect is intended to persist through death, it is mentioned in the tooltip (e.g. the Prototype stims).

- tw

I find it surprising that you even have to say this ...

having the vaccine persist through death would be stupid. It it annoying if you get killed so many times that you can't afford vaccine? Yes. Is it annoying if you get killed, forget to reapply vaccine and then get infected? Yes. None the less -- "working as intended".

The current system is designed to

• increase the spread of the plague
  • encourage open world PvP
  • encourage people to group up. (Hello, join a guild and get in voice chat)

If you don't like the event as designed (lots of us do) don't worry -- it will soon pass.

Can we propose that this be changed for PvP Warzones? It's ridiculous to die ~5 times in a warzone and have to spend 10k on vaccines when the pathetic warzone rewards only amount to about 7k anyway.

you are not required to spend anything on vaccines. There is a plague going on right now, sir. If you don't want to be infected stay in doors (e.g. on your ship)! If you hate the event, go play WoW or GW2 for a week. Or watch TV. Or play a team sport (e.g. some football with the feet) with friends IRL.

Hey all!

The Rakghoul Vaccine is not intended to persist through death. If an effect is intended to persist through death, it is mentioned in the tooltip (e.g. the Prototype stims).

- tw

If this garbage is going to be a reoccurring even then that needs to change. Or at the very least make the relic version persist through death to make the effort of doing the damn event worth while to those who hate dealing with the infection in pvp. Or just disable the damn thing in pvp, especially in ranked pvp. I don't mind the event and the questing area is cool, but the infection thing is really annoying.

you are not required to spend anything on vaccines. There is a plague going on right now, sir. If you don't want to be infected stay in doors (e.g. on your ship)! If you hate the event, go play WoW or GW2 for a week. Or watch TV. Or play a team sport (e.g. some football with the feet) with friends IRL.

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with the event. I have 4 million credits so the cost isn't the issue. I just find it ironic that (especially in lowbie PvP for people levelling) they can die upwards of 10 times, which is 20k's worth of vaccines in a warzone that rewards 4k overall. Even more so since they've stubbornly refused to increase the credit rewards for warzones for the last 2 years.

Hey all!

- tw

Congratulations on making PVP a completely non-viable way to level pre-level 25 and/or for the first 3-4 days of the event, Dev Team!

Whilst I'm not especially bothered that it doesn't persist through defeat, it is a particular problem in PvP. Obviously, in that element of the game you're prone to dying a lot, and unfortunately the plague 'cough' is presently interrupting/stunning people in PvP. I've even had it interrupt my Force Barrier in a ranked arena.

Once you reached newcomer rating with THORN you can buy a reusable vaccine in form of a relic with a 3 or was it 5 second cooldown? Perfect for burning down the event world boss instead through a stack of vaccines. Edited by Dragoon-

Once you reached newcomer rating with THORN you can buy a reusable vaccine in form of a relic with a 3 or was it 5 second cooldown? Perfect for burning down the event world boss instead through a stack of vaccines.

What about if a player is under lvl 25?

Too bad for them?

Who cares they are only lowbies?

Just buy the cheapest relic.

Equip it, activate it to get the vaccine applied, un-equip it, re-equip your original relic.

Job jobbed, and it only costs you 5k. Plus it's BoL so you can just mail the one relic around to each of your alts.

Hey all!

- tw

No sht sherlock....

We are telling you to make it persist through death. It is border-line game breaking in PvP. Especially when this is causing people to lose Ranked matches.

No sht sherlock....

We are telling you to make it persist through death. It is border-line game breaking in PvP. Especially when this is causing people to lose Ranked matches.

the vendor by the THORN triage tent sells a relic that provides a reusable vaccine.

Because the vaccine relic stats are for PvE and also interesting what I do is:

• equip vaccine relic
  • administer vaccine
  • re-equip my regular relic.

You have plenty of time to do this between arena rounds.