Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

RaptorClown
01.18.2014 , 07:17 AM | #1801
i would totaly leave ops like this. 6hours,,,come on lol

i had ops today (not the group finder one but...)

it was DP ...so u know the moment with past/future...our leader reseted it like twice cause of using force speed while carrying crystal

then after we got kinda mad at him he presented his point of view and asked "ok?"

i said "no. we send tank+healer. u reseted this twice already." he replied "I DONT NEED YOUR OPINION ON THIS"

wth anyway we finished whole in the end, but dude got auto ignore hall of shame
pew pew meesa liking youssa

AbsolutGrndZero
01.19.2014 , 07:48 PM | #1802
Quote: Originally Posted by Dalwyn View Post
Was in a FP checked the Juggs gear he was running around with Cunning mods, I asked him if he knew he was running around in cunning mods. Next thing he stood still for like 2/3 min and all of a sudden in group chat :

I felt sorry for him :>
About a month ago, last time I played my Assassin, I put a bunch of Guardian mods in her gear. Based on the time of when I last played her... the best excuse really is... I was more than likely drunk. 6 shots of Sailor Jerry (at home with friends via the internet, nobody drove).

Guys, don't drink and game.
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain

slafko
01.20.2014 , 03:07 AM | #1803
Guardian tanks of TRE strike again:

I queue as sentinel and, some thirty minutes later, get a GF pop with "flashpoint in progress" - Mandalorian Raiders. Small alarm goes off in my head but curiosity and long GF queue get the best of me so I join to see what made the dps leave. Guardian tank in 66/69 gear, gunslinger in 69/72 and a commando healer in 63/66. The FP seems perfectly doable and we continue.

The tank, following the unwritten code of "How to tank on The Red Eclipse", slaps guard on the healer and jumps the dog boss. Slinger covers at the entrance, commando starts running around the room forcing me play tag with the doggies. My pleas for slinger and commando to ball up so I too can contribute some dps go unanswered. The guardian tank is late on a few boss taunts and the dogs get the buff. This prompts the healer to start jumping over obstacles while running around. Boss somehow kills the tank, we wipe.

Second attempt and the tank starts bashing the healer for being undergeared. Healer just leaves. We queue again and while waiting, I try to explain how guard works. The tank asks me what my point is and upon my "you should guard your highest mdps" reply slaps guard on the slinger. Because, apparently, he's too pro to listen to advice. At that point I enter my DGaF mode and stop caring.

The tank, despite being so pro, manages to get himself killed on the lifts. Later, he gets himself, slinger and the new healer killed because of his over aggro leaving me to solo two turrets and several droids while they all just lay there dead.

I think I'm going to have to abandon my lvl 20 Sage and start a guardian tank.

fire-breath
01.20.2014 , 04:33 AM | #1804
Quote: Originally Posted by slafko View Post
Guardian tanks of TRE strike again:

The tank, following the unwritten code of "How to tank on The Red Eclipse", slaps guard on the healer and jumps the dog boss.

I think I'm going to have to abandon my lvl 20 Sage and start a guardian tank.
As long as you do know that guarding the healer in that fight is probably the best choice since no way jose a dps will be able to rip from you after using that many taunts on the boss after the freeze.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kymerous View Post
Tank was level 37, healer was level 31. We hadnt even pulled yet as tank was in middle of respecin'. So ya, just a silly healer who probably doesnt understand guard
Well, he was maybe silly for leaving the flashpoint but not for asking for a guard. I just whish that people would come out of their little utopia and realise that at least in lowbees you have to tank a lot as healer. Its more common that the healer tanks more than the actual tank. Yes I know its not supposed to go like that but it just does, face it and deal with it. This my experience from levelling 2 healers solely by flashpoints (lv46 and lv 33 atm).

Having said that, yes I know the threatreduction from guard isnt needed on healers since a tank of a dps have only to attack once or so to get it back. But they don't so I rather get the 5% damage reduction.
Anyways ... leaving and not healing the tank was quite strange indeed. I would have just buckled up and healed the **** into myself and the rest when needed.

More ontopic I have a story again of my own. Made quite a noob mistake in the red reaper.
The tank made it clear that it was his first time around so I took a little time to explain stuff. When we were approaching the final boss I warned about the 3 elites with their pushback.
Ofc I got knockoff myself while the 3 other, including the tank were safe.

To make the matter worse I forgot that we had skipped the 2 turrets at the color switch boss and aggroed them. Luckely since I'm healer I got heal myself. It took quite some time to dps both turrets down.
Felt such like a noob for doing this :P
Progression raiding toons on the big RED
Macewindy - Sab Slinger S„r„h - Shadow Tank
TRE PvP toon
Ishmaldo - Sage healer

Fidelicatessen
01.20.2014 , 05:28 AM | #1805
Quote: Originally Posted by fire-breath View Post
Well, he was maybe silly for leaving the flashpoint but not for asking for a guard. I just whish that people would come out of their little utopia and realise that at least in lowbees you have to tank a lot as healer. Its more common that the healer tanks more than the actual tank. Yes I know its not supposed to go like that but it just does, face it and deal with it. This my experience from levelling 2 healers solely by flashpoints (lv46 and lv 33 atm).
I wish people would come out of their little utopia and realise that GUARD DOES NOTHING FOR THE HEALER. Guard WILL NOT help you stop tanking in lowbie FPs. DPS doing their job correctly will (y'know, that kill order thing they do). Using Guard strictly for the 5% DR is such a waste...

I apologize for hijacking the thread. In my defense, this was the 100th time I've seen this logic and I HAD TO SAY SOMETHING. Now back to the funny stories, hopefully!

fire-breath
01.20.2014 , 05:43 AM | #1806
Quote: Originally Posted by Fidelicatessen View Post
I wish people would come out of their little utopia and realise that GUARD DOES NOTHING FOR THE HEALER. Guard WILL NOT help you stop tanking in lowbie FPs. DPS doing their job correctly will (y'know, that kill order thing they do). Using Guard strictly for the 5% DR is such a waste...

I apologize for hijacking the thread. In my defense, this was the 100th time I've seen this logic and I HAD TO SAY SOMETHING. Now back to the funny stories, hopefully!
Same apologize here but like you I had to reply since this is the 100th time I've seen this logic and I HAD TO SAY SOMETHING.
Obviously didnt read my reply correctly since I agree with you on most parts. Guard will not let you stop tanking as healer. But since most adds are not on the tank either way, placing a guard on dps isnt helping either since at most a dps is going to overtake 1 mob. As a healer I would choose for the 5% DR and heal the dps stealing aggro. Don't underestimate the power of guard with multiple adds. It can save your live as healer.

Quote:
Having said that, yes I know the threatreduction from guard isnt needed on healers since a tank of a dps have only to attack once or so to get it back. But they don't so I rather get the 5% damage reduction.
Progression raiding toons on the big RED
Macewindy - Sab Slinger S„r„h - Shadow Tank
TRE PvP toon
Ishmaldo - Sage healer

Never_Hesitate
01.20.2014 , 07:37 AM | #1807
Quote: Originally Posted by fire-breath View Post
Same apologize here but like you I had to reply since this is the 100th time I've seen this logic and I HAD TO SAY SOMETHING.
Obviously didnt read my reply correctly since I agree with you on most parts. Guard will not let you stop tanking as healer. But since most adds are not on the tank either way, placing a guard on dps isnt helping either since at most a dps is going to overtake 1 mob. As a healer I would choose for the 5% DR and heal the dps stealing aggro. Don't underestimate the power of guard with multiple adds. It can save your live as healer.
The tanks in lowbie fps who can't hold a group together, don't even apply guard to anyone.
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa, LeoniŽ PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

BladeBoques
01.20.2014 , 11:10 AM | #1808
One time a group in group finder found me!
Guardian Main Tank BladeBoques
Guild Leader of Exceptional Legion
Best Raid Leader I can be! Live Stream

Deadlynits
01.20.2014 , 11:42 AM | #1809
Quote: Originally Posted by Never_Hesitate View Post
The tanks in lowbie fps who can't hold a group together, don't even apply guard to anyone.
not exactly true. i have sin tank leveling. at 49 now. i will put guard on mdps or higher geared rdps if both are rdps when we are doing 50+ level fp or hm fps. under 50 i always had guard on healer. because

1. dps never follow kill order under 50 level fps(atleast 1 dps wont). they have to hit the targets which look strong. the weak always attack healer by the time i realise dps left them again and i didnt get aggro on them.

2. if both dps knows about kill order and knows their class. they will kill weak first and then strong. and i dont lose aggro to them at all usually when they do it like that. because i use single taunt as much as possible and keep mass taunt for emergency. so if the dps knows what they have to do. they even use aggro dump usually if they know kill order. so doesnt matter who i put my guard on this case.

both cases below level 50 i am talking. so below level 50 fps, i prefer guarding healer as they can have atleast 5% reduction in damage. and dps who want to kill strong first cant take aggro of me anyway as i keep my gear upgraded every 4 level as a tank. so its not bad to guard healer under 50 fp i think. atleast from my experience. and i almost never have wipes even if there is an occasional extra mob pull. i'm sure many will disagree with me.

E: i have 2 55 healers. and i request tank to put guard on mdps if they put it on me in hm fps. they usually put it without questioning.

E 2: just had athiss HM 55 fp. guardian 35k respeced tank. slinger 37k mando 35k, me 33k sage healer.

tank slapped guard on me. i politely asked to put it on slinger as he had more dps though we all 3 were ranged. but tank no reply. then after 2 mob pull. i healed slinger and me first pull. healed mando and me on sencond pull. more than healing tank. i requested him to put guard on either of dps as they pulled aggro. but tank is silent.

after first boss fight. slinger quit group without a word. and both were silent about guard. the nwe get sent little undergeared, but enough for this one. still i have the guard >.>
couldnt make him understand and i just ignored and healed all as they needed more heal than tank and as it was just athiss. didnt worry much. though both dps caught fire on last boss. somehow we made it through without any casualties.
Asuna-sao Sage 55 Darkblow Scoundrel 55 Deathstrikes Sentinal 55 Kiritosw Mercenary 55 Findme Sniper 55 Pubspy Operative 39 Shadowstab Shadow 39 Yuukii Juggernaut 22 Shadygirl Assasin 55 Lazybum Vanguard 55 Darkrage Juggernaut 55
Pillars Of Ashla Ashes Of Ashla

ZentheSecond
01.20.2014 , 03:45 PM | #1810
I got one;
Fresh 50 marauder, got a pop for HM LI (btw I swear trial by fire for my new toons every single one has gotten LI as their first HM 50 FP), now my marauder is in the makeb mod comm stuff so mostly 58s which is old Ralata lvl gear. It was in progress on the savrak boss wiped once due to a pipe not being lit (might have been my fault, think I cancelled the cast a millisecond before it finished). Second te we get'em not before I noticed that I ripped aggro not once but twice off the Jugg tank. Now I know Juggs and PTs have lower aggro gen then a Sin... But a 15k marauder stealing aggro?

Inspect time!
And I was in horror, tank was in greens.... And a mix of Dps and tank greens at that. We progressed and managed to down Lorrick as well. He dropped Heavy armor str Dps legs which I needed on (did not notice they were heavy till after) as did our tank. Who won them, and proceeded to equip them swapping out tanking legs for Dps legs....
Cannot believe I have a tank on ignore... If it had been earlier in the evening I would have tried to explain things to the guy but I was way to tired and just felt like not dealing with him ever again on my marauder.

~Zen