Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Future Content...

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

View Poll Results: Vote for what you want most for future content...Pick up to 5
Class Story 2,311 69.30%
Operations 926 27.77%
PvP Content (Warzones, Arena's etc) 1,285 38.53%
Companions 879 26.36%
Space Content (beyond what is coming already) 616 18.47%
Planets 1,388 41.62%
Crew Skills and Crafting 582 17.45%
Character Customization Options (Hair, Faces, Body sizes, etc) 808 24.23%
Legacy 830 24.89%
Mini Games (Sabacc, Pod racing, pazaak, etc) 1,309 39.25%
Playable Races 977 29.30%
New Class 1,377 41.29%
Other 224 6.72%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3335. You may not vote on this poll

iglumajor
01.19.2014 , 11:51 AM | #761
As far as story goes, just expand on things here or make KotOR 3

Illyean
01.19.2014 , 12:39 PM | #762
So the current run away leader by a huge margin is more class story, pretty much the one thing they have repeatedly said they will not do and tried to say that the faction based story we saw on Makeb will be the ay forward.

I know this poll is people on the forum, so its not a representative population but thats a very large win for class story. So EA/BW's stance on this if they do choose to comment has got to be explained more. I think lots of people would be happy to pay for more story, but perhaps the forums poulation is completely out of line with the in game population? So EA/BW shoudl maybe consider actually asking some of these questions of its current players in game.

I've enjoyed most aspects of this game but its a disapointment in every area, the story does stand out as the best part but its a linear meaningless rendition with no real chance to influence who you are, that said I enjoyed each class story Ive played.

I honestly feel like the game is very much in minimal maintance mode but with enough spin, fluff and baodging together of things to make it look better than it is. Its two years in and there shoudl be talk of a major expansion, not a 5 level hike with a planet worth 3 levels or a PvP space game (not bad, but I think when people say space they want PvE and PvP), a major expansion that takes everything forward.

I get tired of the bust-a-move FP/OPs for gear to do the next level of the same thing, every MMO has some form of gear treadmil and they are usualy a good thing, but not the only thing. The new FP coming which adpats and has more randomised elements may proce to be a real saviour, hoping so

If I were EA and Disney I would be working on how to rebuild this game and reuse its assets to portray the new Star Wars time line of the new movies next year, casting the current in game universe into the trash (where half the art work belongs) and hoping that as a combination of expansion and almost re-launch the game would get another chance and really grow rather than edge along the gradual decline against newer MMO properties. Not goong to happen I know.

dorpen
01.19.2014 , 02:00 PM | #763
Quote: Originally Posted by Illyean View Post
I honestly feel like the game is very much in minimal maintance mode but with enough spin, fluff and baodging together of things to make it look better than it is. Its two years in and there shoudl be talk of a major expansion, not a 5 level hike with a planet worth 3 levels or a PvP space game (not bad, but I think when people say space they want PvE and PvP), a major expansion that takes everything forward.
This is pretty much how I'm feeling, and why I'm cautious to spend any money on the CM. I want to see if they have any plans for the game aside from cartel pack #20567.

Andryah
01.19.2014 , 02:11 PM | #764
Quote: Originally Posted by Callaron View Post
Yep, and if they were to introduce some way to replay the story, one of the biggest arguements against Class stories would go out the window (no "replayability").
Already in the game. Want to replay a story arc... roll another character in that class. But but..... people come on the forums all the time and say they are tired of class story (meaning.. done once.. discard).

My point..... yes... people would like more class story in most cases...but replay of class story is not that strong a driver in the player base from what I have observed in the forum. Sure.. some would do it and enjoy it.. but most of those frankly are using new character rolls to get their needs met IMO.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

Callaron
01.19.2014 , 04:23 PM | #765
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Already in the game. Want to replay a story arc... roll another character in that class. But but..... people come on the forums all the time and say they are tired of class story (meaning.. done once.. discard).

My point..... yes... people would like more class story in most cases...but replay of class story is not that strong a driver in the player base from what I have observed in the forum. Sure.. some would do it and enjoy it.. but most of those frankly are using new character rolls to get their needs met IMO.
It might provide an interesting alternative to running dailies if the stories were to scale.
And it's at least popular enough to frequently show up on the suggestion forums.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Want more Class stories? Let Bioware know!

Slicka
01.19.2014 , 05:31 PM | #766
Quote: Originally Posted by Illyean View Post
I tend to agree with this post. I mean I have about 7 characters around lv 50 and two at lv 55. Only reason I've leveled them to 55 was to see each side of Makeb (1 pub and 1 imp). Even then it only took both toons to lv 53. Taking everything forward would allow more players to take part in a massive expansion whether it be PvP, OPs, new planets (this is crucial unless they decide to make one massive planet that is the equivalent to a continent in WoW), and 10 levels with separate class stories would allow players to enjoy the new content for a bit while they develop new content for various patches. Even their heroic instances in the minor expansion were just ones from launch scaled to 55.

It'd be interesting to see, but at least from what we've seen when they considered GSF a minor expansion, I doubt we will see anytime soon.
Server: Prophecy of the Five
16 Characters, when will it end? All advanced classes, ftw!

Youtube Playthrough Videos / Guides

Damask_Rose
01.19.2014 , 07:03 PM | #767
Quote: Originally Posted by danlscarlos View Post
Realistically, could we expect them to actually give us new story chapters?
Based on what they've said and what they've been producing, no. If it's not cheap repeatable content, they aren't going to bother no matter how much their player base wants it. It has slightly better odds if it's group content, lucky raiders.
Unity 3d tutorials http://www.burgzergarcade.com/
Friends referral for free character transfer and unlocks
http://www.swtor.com/r/Z9xhHv

Blackholeskipper
01.19.2014 , 08:11 PM | #768
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post

By now most of the long-time players have already been through many of the class stories with alts. If there was a way to replay class stories with characters that have already been through them, there would be renewed interest. Starting new characters over and over is tiring. People get attached to their characters and don't want to have to ditch them for new ones that they need to gear up. Not to mention if you're in a guild... "hey, this is my new character bla bla" all the time.

So yea, having a "reset" would at least add some longevity to the game for people that have already gone through the content or spacebarred through or had to rush through because of higher lvl friends.

Andryah
01.19.2014 , 09:34 PM | #769
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackholeskipper View Post
People get attached to their characters and don't want to have to ditch them for new ones that they need to gear up. Not to mention if you're in a guild... "hey, this is my new character bla bla" all the time.

So yea, having a "reset" would at least add some longevity to the game for people that have already gone through the content or spacebarred through or had to rush through because of higher lvl friends.
Well, first off.. nobody has to "ditch" a character... so stop exaggerating.

A person either wants to re-experience a class story, or they don't. Replaying a capped level player through the class story is zero thrill and zero challenge. So all those folks you just rationalized for..... try again. It's nobodies fault but their own that they space_barred or rushed through content.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

Rafaman
01.19.2014 , 10:23 PM | #770
Tell you what though, I would like to re-experience the stories in HM. What I mean is, what if after you finish the class stories, it unlocks a hard mode option to run the instances again with mobs in HM. I would prefer 55 HM mode.

The drops could be updated accordingly as well as the comms. I'd love to see some of those last fights with the Emperor etc. etc. really become group fights almost like a Ops boss.

Just throwing that out there.