Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Cybertech] Help

JefftheWoodElf
01.15.2014 , 04:23 PM | #1
I didn't know whether to post this here but my problem more pertains to crew skills so here I go. Okay I've gotten Cybertech, Underworld Trading, and scavenging all maxed to 450. Problem is I've hit a wall. Now that I've gotten them all maxed I really wanted to make the level 31 mods or armoring so I could finally make some credits. But I don't know how. I know it's no easy process but I can't exactly find out how to go about said process. I have no clue what to do now and am stuck. Again sorry if this isn't the right place to post.

Kuratla
01.16.2014 , 07:06 AM | #2
In order to make level 31 mods / armoring via Cybertech (and enchancements via Artifice), you need to buy 168 rating gear (I think the level 31 mods are 168 rating.... correct me if I'm wrong) with elite comms. Then rip out the mods/armoring/enhancements and Reverse Engineer them.

If you are lucky, you'll get the schematic. If you aren't, you just wasted a lot of comms. The other way would be to get the gear via HM ops but that's completely random.

And, then, even when you get the schematic, you'll need the rare and expensive mats to make them.
Pubs: Ixtap (Sage 55), Jabru (Commando 55), Gargauth (Guardian 54)

Imps: Mordeus (Juggernaut 55), Kyli (Assassin 55)

JefftheWoodElf
01.16.2014 , 03:50 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Kuratla View Post
In order to make level 31 mods / armoring via Cybertech (and enchancements via Artifice), you need to buy 168 rating gear (I think the level 31 mods are 168 rating.... correct me if I'm wrong) with elite comms. Then rip out the mods/armoring/enhancements and Reverse Engineer them.

If you are lucky, you'll get the schematic. If you aren't, you just wasted a lot of comms. The other way would be to get the gear via HM ops but that's completely random.

And, then, even when you get the schematic, you'll need the rare and expensive mats to make them.
Thank you! I just needed someone to point me in the right direction! Thank you so much!

psandak
01.16.2014 , 07:45 PM | #4
I've said it a lot here. It is not worth the effort to actively seek these schematics. You will spend a lot of time, effort, and credits that you will not recoup.
  • If you are a "completionist" I wish you luck.
  • If you are someone who wants the schematics to get in on the action, that time has passed.
  • If you are someone who wants the schematics to craft them yourself, you are only saving credits IF you crit craft
In the case of the latter two, the materials to craft these items are more valuable than the items themselves. In the case of the last, you are better off acquiring the materials, selling them on the GTN, and using the proceeds to buy the item modifications you want.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

JefftheWoodElf
01.19.2014 , 01:04 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
I've said it a lot here. It is not worth the effort to actively seek these schematics. You will spend a lot of time, effort, and credits that you will not recoup.
  • If you are a "completionist" I wish you luck.
  • If you are someone who wants the schematics to get in on the action, that time has passed.
  • If you are someone who wants the schematics to craft them yourself, you are only saving credits IF you crit craft
In the case of the latter two, the materials to craft these items are more valuable than the items themselves. In the case of the last, you are better off acquiring the materials, selling them on the GTN, and using the proceeds to buy the item modifications you want.
I'm picking up what you're putting down. I really just want a way to make credits. I'm more of a solo player and pvp'er so your way would be easier assuming the materials to make these mods don't require anything other than time. I'll definitely look more into it, thanks.

psandak
01.19.2014 , 10:05 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by JefftheWoodElf View Post
I'm picking up what you're putting down. I really just want a way to make credits. I'm more of a solo player and pvp'er so your way would be easier assuming the materials to make these mods don't require anything other than time. I'll definitely look more into it, thanks.
If you want to make credits, stick with grade 28 stuff. That's all I sell and I can barely keep up with demand.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date