Official answer to premades pugstomping in normal WZs

Marrius

Two things.

Most solo players don't qq about premades, I include myself in this,

Bioware isn't removing groups from unranked.

So your point is moot.

Lol, so you are right because you are right ? :)

I don't agree.

Bioware need to judge whether the demand for pugstomping is higher than for fair WZs and I think they are doing that. I said it already in my first post in the thread. Anything else would be quite an unprofessional way of running the game.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't agree.

Bioware need to judge whether the demand for pugstomping is higher than for fair WZs and I think they are doing that. I said it already in my first post in the thread. Anything else would be quite an unprofessional way of running the game.

Pointless discussing this with you to be honest. Read the op draw your own conclusions. Or better yet ring Anthony yourself. Meanwhile the rest of us will just play the game instead of complaining about how others play it and expect the world to to suit us. Keep pissing in the wind dude.

I don't agree.

Or you could make some friends? Ya know, do this thing called be social in an online multiplayer game with a pvp game type that is 100% team based? Honestly though, I solo queue more than I do premades and I just don't see the issue. I rarely come across premades when I solo queue. In fact I see more premades when I'm in a premade than when I solo queue. And when I do come across a premade, I still do perfectly fine and I've beaten premades multiple of times when solo queuing... It's not that hard to do.

Premades are only 4 man groups. That's not even really a premade, its half of a *********** team. If the other 4 people are ***** then you are literally carrying 4 useless players which nine times out of ten one of them will cost you the match. So guess what? Pug v Pug you're gonna have bads on your team, one of them will cost you the match. Doesn't matter if its a premade or not, bads will always be bads. So stop being bad and blaming it on premades because the reality is, its not the premades, its you.

Edited by Raansu

Or you could make some friends? Ya know, do this thing called be social in an online multiplayer game with a pvp game type that is 100% team based? Honestly though, I solo queue more than I do premades and I just don't see the issue. I rarely come across premades when I solo queue. In fact I see more premades when I'm in a premade than when I solo queue. And when I do come across a premade, I still do perfectly fine and I've beaten premades multiple of times when solo queuing... It's not that hard to do.

Premades are only 4 man groups. That's not even really a premade, its half of a *********** team. If the other 4 people are ***** then you are literally carrying 4 useless players which nine times out of ten one of them will cost you the match. So guess what? Pug v Pug you're gonna have bads on your team, one of them will cost you the match. Doesn't matter if its a premade or not, bads will always be bads. So stop being bad and blaming it on premades because the reality is, its not the premades, its you.

There is no challenge in beating a PuG with a premade. Usually its just a boring way of farming commendations. If you keep on losing with your premades you should look for another one and stop being bad yourself.

Why not try to improve a flawed game design instead of exploiting it ?

Edited by Bobbafatter

Pointless discussing this with you to be honest. Read the op draw your own conclusions. Or better yet ring Anthony yourself. Meanwhile the rest of us will just play the game instead of complaining about how others play it and expect the world to to suit us. Keep pissing in the wind dude.

Ok, time to give up on you. Fair play and even playing field obviously does not suit everyone.

There is no skill required to generate huge dps when playing with a premade. L2P dude ...

Oh BS. I have 100's of screen shots of me soloing queuing and practically tripling the dps of the rest of my team, including both wins and losses and many of those losses if just 2-3 more people bothered to learn how to dps we probably could of won those warzones. Premades are not, and will never be the issue. The issue is bad players like you who blame everything and everyone else on the loss except yourself.

Why not try to improve a flawed game design instead of exploiting it ?

And this only furthers my point. Calling something an exploit when it is designed that way intentionally. You're bad, get over it. Go play xbox or some single player game and get lost.

Oh BS. I have 100's of screen shots of me soloing queuing and practically tripling the dps of the rest of my team, including both wins and losses and many of those losses if just 2-3 more people bothered to learn how to dps we probably could of won those warzones. Premades are not, and will never be the issue. The issue is bad players like you who blame everything and everyone else on the loss except yourself.

Only morons think WZs is about topping dps. l2p dude .... Bad players like you is the reason PuG often can't touch premades and we need separate queues for group and solo.

Edited by Bobbafatter

Only morons think WZs is about topping dps. l2p dude .... Bad players like you is the reason PuG often can't touch premades and we need separate queues for group and solo.

There is zero logic to this...You are either a troll or a really really really REALLY terrible player.

Ok, your opinion has been noted and trashed. So long Rambo ...

It's ok, maybe one day you will learn to use those stuns on the firepit and not in the middle of the huttball map and whitebarring the ball carrier. Maybe one day you will learn to not stand next to the node and not CC break the sap. One day you might learn how to keybind as well....Aw who am I kidding. You will never learn to do any of that. No you will just keep blaming the "premades" for losses to cover up for the fact that you are just not good.

Sorry but you're full of ****. Been playing since the first week of early access. They have never once removed the ability to queue groups. Stop making up lies to cover up the fact that you're just bad.

I never said that, what did happen after launch was that groups were matched against groups and a WZ with 8 randoms faced only another group with 8 randoms...that was in place for a short period then removed due to the massive backlash from guild leaders who were going to take there entire guild to other games...

I never said that, what did happen after launch was that groups were matched against groups and a WZ with 8 randoms faced only another group with 8 randoms...that was in place for a short period then removed due to the massive backlash from guild leaders who were going to take there entire guild to other games...

Don't remember this ever happening. Link the yellow post then,

100 in a ROW? I haven't done that..

In a row means pressing "Solo queue"-button in 100 matches in a row. Not that you need to play them in one sitting. Do it over a few weeks.

Try being a PUGGER. Walk a mile in PUG-shoes. Play 100 continuous matches without your friends "helping you out". Then come back to us.

Bet you can't :p

Edited by vennian

In a row means pressing "Solo queue"-button in 100 matches in a row. Not that you need to play them in one sitting. Do it over a few weeks.

Try being a PUGGER. Walk a mile in PUG-shoes. Play 100 continuous matches without your friends "helping you out". Then come back to us.

Bet you can't :p

Makes no sense. Why would I want to play a social game solo when I have my friends with whom I enjoy playing with?

i thought bioware has dismissed all chances of cross server?

Actually, BioWare said that they don't want to do that, but they did not 100% eliminate any possibility of getting it in the game. They are supposed to be working on a whole mess of options to fix the imbalance in PVP. The 2.0 Bolster fix and class balances are some of them, as is some of the other changes we have seen to the Warzones themselves. They would prolly group GSF and Arenas in there too, but idk about those.

Makes no sense. Why would I want to play a social game solo when I have my friends with whom I enjoy playing with?

If you wanna tell PUGGERS that they have no reason to QQ, you need to have been a PUGGER :)

My criteria of someone who knows what's its like: They have played 100 games in in a row by using "solo queue"-button. If you haven't, you havent PUGGED.

Edited by vennian

20 pages of posts... wow. Guys no point in even discussing this. It happened. All I see are people who refuse to believe it happened (solo players) and people who are happy about it (group players).

To those of you who don't believe, call Bioware. The number is toll free in USA and you will get through within a minute. Ask for Anthony.

Discussing this is like putting blood in the water, sharks will just swarm. If you like the news, great keep playing. If you don't ike the news, well there are other games out there.

Or you can do as I am and try to ensure the game fails faster by driving away the newcomers from normal queues by joining a premade and stomp the pugs. I'm actually having fun now that I am grouping but I know this is at the expense of others and I am not going to try and mask this by saying I am grouping with my friends.

BTW Most of the people in these premades are real jerks who laugh at how they face roll the pugs.

Yeah so if you are a pug, know they are laughing at you! and Bioware is not going to do a thing about it. You are the server ***** and people like me are not going to fight anymore to have something change that, quite frankly, is not going to change.

Therefore you onlly really have two choices here, join the premades and faceroll pugs or cancel you sub.

Any further discussion on this is like pissing in the wind.

The whole setup is a sticking pile of S*** from the get go. Blizzard didn't have any pvp in WoW so they had the brilliant idea of hey, lets have a random queue and throw a bunch of pve classes and groups into an instance and have them play king of the hill and call it pvp. And unbelievably, since they are WoW, every silly mmo developer since has copied them.

PvE gets balanced groups, gear lvls clearly specified, finely tuned and balanced instances. And what does pvp get? Throw everything together and give it an instance and call it pvp. No pvp fine tuning and balancing. With all the problems pvp has Bioware comes up with nerf Orbital strike and buff Op burst? No balanced groups. No match making. One side is double queuing premades into 8 man teams on VOIP and the other ends up with 5 sorc 2 mercs and a sniper in greens with none of the sorcs healers. And this is pvp?

It's only pvp because WoW said it was and unimaginative and inexperienced pvp developers have swallowed that lie whole and regurgitated it and we are supposed to buy it. Well, no. It's not pvp, it's not a "game" by any stretch of the imagination. It's a farm fest and who can blame those that take advantage of it.

But frankly, it's a waste of time. Not just a waste of time in general, because I suppose all video games are, but it's a waste of gaming time. It's a waste of time to pug and get farmed endlessly. And it's a waste of time to pretend to be a lewt gamer and premade farm reg wzs.

Bioware has to do better or get left in the dust.

Edited by MotorCityMan

ok first of all there really are no "premades" anymore since you can only que 4 people for an 8-man team so that means 4 of that team are pugs. second that bioware would use that argument makes not since for the same reason, if they really said we have the right to que with our friends they'd let us que the whole 8, lol so obviously they have found what they believe is the best balanceby limiting premades to half a team. i que solo 90% of the time but do have friends i run with at time. YOUR socalled "premades" lose to, lol. so 1 stop crying cuz you suck at pvp and wanna blame it on anything but you. and 2 find some friends cuz you sound like your lonely....lol

call "Anthony" maybe he'll play with you...

I normally don't respond to posts that personalize the discussion, but will make an exception in this case.

It is easy to double queue 2 4x4 premades and end up in the same wz, especially if you are minority faction. Secondly, it is an assumption that Bioware agrees that this is "the best balance". And if they do, then all the more reason to post my disagreement.

Lastly, school yard ( and I use that term euphemistically, since judging from your grammar and spelling you haven't spent a lot of time in one) name calling reflects more on you than it does me and contributes nothing to the discussion.

Edited by MotorCityMan

haha fgirst of all MOTOR city man i was talkin to the guy who originally posted the thread not you... second of all that double queing MAY work on some servers, but it does not work on JC we have a very healthy pvp que and the double que method might work 1/20 times.

Duran'del here:

WoW's PvP is horrible. It's unbalanced, annoying, and filled with the FotY: Po the Panda.

So, no. WoW PvP is not a success. I really do hope you are trolling and do not really believe the deluded and blatant lies you post.

So what are you basing this on? I PvP in WoW on multiple toons (Hunter, Warlock, Priest, Shaman, Rogue) on both horde and alliance, and find it much more balanced than SWTOR. Rated BGs, Areans, and Casual PvP all seem to be doing well.

When I'm doing random BGs on my Alliance Toon queue pops are about every 30-45 seconds during prime and not much longer during off-peak. It can be as much as a whole 2 minutes on my Horde toons. My winning percentage in randoms is about 50%, which is reasonable.

You can use the OQueue addon to find cross-server groups for Rated BGs or 5 person random BG groups (equivalent of a 4 man group in SWTOR).

I like both games, but putting down another game when you don't have the facts, just because "you" don't like it, is silly. BTW I kill Pandas of all three monk class specs regularly on my DPS toons.

Four person pre-mades in SWTOR wouldn't be so bad if 4 person death matches didn't pop so frequently.

(P.S. The most common complaint I've heard lately about WoW PvP is from hardcore grinders that don't like the fact that Blizzard has made it much much easier to close the gear gap and be competitive.)

Edited by Erasimus

Question OP. Have you ever even tried que-ing up with 3 other people in your group? You almost exclusively get arena's, and when you don't I'm not sure what the problem is. The chance of getting 4 people grouped isn't that great, and are you really suggesting people can't group up with there friends to PvP? That is ridiculous. You want them to create a rating system for any, and all PvP done, and then que people accordingly? Clearly you don't understand how slow your que would be waiting for that type of system to work as intended. If you want a better chance at winning warzones, tough it out till you get the gear you need, and or group with friends when you can.

Again, you don't often come across a "good" 4 man team that is going to roll a pug team. ONE good polite vocal player can make all the difference on a team. First off, become the best player you can be skill wise, and a good leader. Don't flip out in matches, instead mark the healers, politely suggest people focus targets, and play objectives. By simply doing that your chances of winning against the avg organized 4 man just went up massively.

I come across total douche-bags who are so rude in how they speak to the team there on that I often deliberately ignore there sometimes even 'smart' suggestions just to piss them off. Speak to your group properly, and politely or get medication, and stop playing the game your so frustrated with.

All that being said, is it really that hard to find even just one other person that compliments your play-style to que with? That's all you really need. If I notice a good player in a warzone I just won or lost who is on my server, I'll toss them a msg to group with me. It's not that hard. Again, the chances of even running into a "great organized 4 man" is pretty low, so even just adding one person to your group will make a huge difference most the time if the two of you are any good at all.

Problem is being blown way out of proportion, and I also often have the opposing team yell at us in general about how " there team is a pug, and ours is not " when in fact I am also on a pug team, that simply communicates well & doesn't suck.

Edited by Obison