Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why Does Every Important Imperial Character Die?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Why Does Every Important Imperial Character Die?

CheesecakeCzar
01.15.2014 , 07:26 AM | #1
Like seriously, every Imperial Character that I learned about in the comics and the novels died. Malgus, Baras, Angral, and Thanaton played important roles in various media just to die in somebody's class story, or for Malgus, a flashpoint. Then they also killed Kilran and replaced him with somebody incredibly boring. Also, approximately half of the Dark Council dies. The Emperor also gets his arse handed to him. What is with this? All we are left with is Darth Marr (the boy who lived) and the rather dull Grand Moff Ilyan Regus. Why can't the Empire have some interesting characters, besides the player characters themselves? It just makes the Empire a much less interesting faction.
Nobody expects <The Imperial Inquisition>! (RP-PvP) Aid us in our mission to hunt down all traitors and dissenters within the Sith Empire!
http://www.swtor.com/guilds/37572/imperial-inquisition CE VIP

Bleeters
01.15.2014 , 12:26 PM | #2
For the most part I'm kind of indifferent about their deaths - I mean, most of them are Sith. Dying at the hands of other Sith was going to happen sooner or later - but I'll absolutely agree about Kilran. What a waste of a fantastic character with a fantastic voice actor. What was he even doing fighting in person? His fleet was blockading the station, and the Republic ships are either destroyed or fled. He'd basically won.

Euphrosyne
01.15.2014 , 07:08 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Bleeters View Post
For the most part I'm kind of indifferent about their deaths - I mean, most of them are Sith. Dying at the hands of other Sith was going to happen sooner or later - but I'll absolutely agree about Kilran. What a waste of a fantastic character with a fantastic voice actor. What was he even doing fighting in person? His fleet was blockading the station, and the Republic ships are either destroyed or fled. He'd basically won.
This would be more troubling to me if Kilran weren't an embarrassingly incompetent feeb. Every single time he appears in the game, he makes stupid decisions and does virtually nothing right on purpose. Throwing away what would seem to have been a fairly major victory is pretty much par for the course.
Euphrosynē (n., Greek) - "mirth, merriment"
Fanfic: Beyond Good and Evil

Arilou_skiff
01.15.2014 , 07:56 PM | #4
Incidentally, the reason I'm hoping that the "Saresh is secretly the Emperor" crackpot theory is true is that it would enable us to have a few Republic-themed Operations just for variety

Euphrosyne
01.16.2014 , 02:18 AM | #5
"No! I must kill the Sith" she shouted The radio said "No Leontyne. You are the Sith"
And then Leontyne was a zombie.
Euphrosynē (n., Greek) - "mirth, merriment"
Fanfic: Beyond Good and Evil

Darth_Wicked
01.16.2014 , 01:10 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by CheesecakeCzar View Post
Like seriously, every Imperial Character that I learned about in the comics and the novels died. Malgus, Baras, Angral, and Thanaton played important roles in various media just to die in somebody's class story, or for Malgus, a flashpoint. Then they also killed Kilran and replaced him with somebody incredibly boring. Also, approximately half of the Dark Council dies. The Emperor also gets his arse handed to him. What is with this? All we are left with is Darth Marr (the boy who lived) and the rather dull Grand Moff Ilyan Regus. Why can't the Empire have some interesting characters, besides the player characters themselves? It just makes the Empire a much less interesting faction.
Be patient. The best is yet to come concerning that one, even though it's kinda predictable if you take into account his beliefs during the Battle of Ilum.

JattaGin
01.16.2014 , 01:22 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Arilou_skiff View Post
Incidentally, the reason I'm hoping that the "Saresh is secretly the Emperor" crackpot theory is true is that it would enable us to have a few Republic-themed Operations just for variety
Hm, I didn't know about this theory. But... it would explain quite a bit. Not only my contempt for that character.

Well, that would be a nice plot twist for sure.

Ontopic: The Empire is destined to fail, so they all gonna die. Imho.

Darth_Wicked
01.16.2014 , 01:46 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post
Hm, I didn't know about this theory. But... it would explain quite a bit. Not only my contempt for that character.

Well, that would be a nice plot twist for sure.

Ontopic: The Empire is destined to fail, so they all gonna die. Imho.
On a more serious note, at least the Emperor is forthcoming concerning his designs for the Galaxy. Saresh, on the other hand, is a total nut job.

Quite honestly, I couldn't wrap my head around the fact Taris had fallen to the Empire after her governorship but if you take a certain decision, in a certain storyline, you really begin to grasp how downright evil she is, not to mention the people she has - most likely - backing her.

Sadishist
01.17.2014 , 03:46 AM | #9
With Emperor a no show, I think the most important Empire character as of right now is Marr.
A fearful enemy is at his most dangerous.

The Fallen Lords of The Bastion
Juggernaut: Sadishist Sorcerer: Drellion

Kaisernick
01.18.2014 , 08:08 PM | #10
i for one never liked Darth to many donuts Baras and Malgus just felt like a Vader/Malak copy.
If anything their deaths make way for new major characters, the moff or admiral chick that's going to be in the KDY FP looks interesting.