Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Damage increase for Vigilance

Manweth
01.18.2014 , 12:35 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by lordbadtamaru View Post
Hey Im not complaining. Damage is damage. I think we still need flat damage buffs but we need to be on the PTS and run a few parses. I'll be landing on the PTS the moment it comes out and if anyone wants to come join into the parsery you're welcome to come!
Listen to Ryd instead of nitpicking people.

Time to crush all the non-believers have come.

Now come the days of the king. May they be blessed.
Manwè, Former Vigilance Player and Guardian Advocate.
Former Raider. Eternal Revan Fanboy.
Nothing else matters at this point.

Kain_Turinbar
01.18.2014 , 02:54 AM | #12
Feb 4th can't get here fast enough

TACeMossie
01.18.2014 , 03:09 AM | #13
The root may be overpowered with this change but we'll see.

This is AMAZING news for pvers but not everything. We will need to see how we parse on the PTS before redrafting questions.

Congrats team, the end of the long hell has ended. We will return to the forefront at last.
Hey, there is still the issue of the 46-skill tree...

Telaan
01.18.2014 , 04:09 AM | #14
Congrats team, the end of the long hell has ended. We will return to the forefront at last.
I don't know about all that.....

.......but it's better than nothing. Like Andrew said, there's a lot of work to be done. Especially in regards to mobility, skill tree bloat, execute, and aoe dmg. I also remain skeptical as to how much this will truly impact our DPS. Especially in pvp considering how easy ms is to interrupt.

This small patch feels more like a bone thrown to shut us the hell up more than anything else. Again, it's nice to see these changes, but don't lose sight of the bigger picture.
Kype Lightwave/Telaan Lightwave -Pot5- "Pistols' RP Apprentice"
Telaan Lightwave Pre-CU Jedi Knight -JKO- Bloodfin
Master LS/Master Defender/Healing 2xxx/Enhancer xxx3

SenatorPalpaTANG
01.18.2014 , 07:32 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Manweth View Post
No offense, but PvPers can go to hell.

Or respec focus.

No longer will I simply tie with those sentinels, now I have the tools to CRUSH them in real boss fights. No longer will I fall into stupid RNG ruts, no longer praying for RNG on DPS Checks.

No longer.

Vigilance is all about PvE, has always been. It does offer some unique functions in PvP, but it'Ll never be top dog in PvP. Accept it and move on from the PvP of Vigilance. AoE is Focus' job, mobility is Focus' job, and a clever Vigilance almost never misses full MS on boss fights. PvP Vigi will have, as before, have a unique functionality as a single target healer lock, but at the end, it'll be always an average PvP spec.

Because it's a PvE spec. Plain and simple.
Going to have to disagree with that. Defiance, Unremitting, Gather Strength, Commanding Awe, Debilitate (MS root) etc all seem to be designed more with PvP in mind than PvE.

I don't see any reason to pigeonhole Vigi into one role or the other and I'm not sure why you seem to take the stance that it can't excel at both (like Combat, Madness, Pyro etc).

As for how these changes will impact PvP, it's hard to say without testing, but I am a little concerned that making our rotation so static may also make us too predictable. We'll be kind of like the pre 2.0 Dec Assassins (Voltaic, Voltaic, Shock, Discharge) which smart players were able to counter pretty easily.

I'll reserve judgement for when it's live though. Honestly I'm just glad we got some attention.
Fantastically Furious, lololol

((=((==°((:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: >

Bare-Giin
01.18.2014 , 08:35 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Manweth View Post
No offense, but PvPers can go to hell.

Or respec focus.

No longer will I simply tie with those sentinels, now I have the tools to CRUSH them in real boss fights. No longer will I fall into stupid RNG ruts, no longer praying for RNG on DPS Checks.

No longer.

Vigilance is all about PvE, has always been. It does offer some unique functions in PvP, but it'Ll never be top dog in PvP. Accept it and move on from the PvP of Vigilance. AoE is Focus' job, mobility is Focus' job, and a clever Vigilance almost never misses full MS on boss fights. PvP Vigi will have, as before, have a unique functionality as a single target healer lock, but at the end, it'll be always an average PvP spec.

Because it's a PvE spec. Plain and simple.
No offense but this statement clearly show us that u are what they call a baddie, noob or just dosent know the class very well, plain and simple.. A clever vigilance almost never miss a MS in pvp. So dont make up that kinda BS that its a pve spec, only cuz u r bad at pvp dosent mean everybody else is.
Giin
DRAMA
Tomb of Freedon Nadd EU

lordbadtamaru
01.18.2014 , 11:16 AM | #17
Bare, manweth knows the class VERY well. He's just occasionally fairly blunt

Ignore him when he talks about these things he mostly means well.

IMHO vig isn't JUST a PVE spec but its never going to be top dog due to design. TBH it will excell 1v1 now but in group play it will still have some issues. Its really hard to say until the new pts drops, which NEEDS TO COME FASTER.

As far as execute goes, I technically now have the room to execute every time i master strike. Its wonderful. On a boss, ooooooooh yeah its gonna be insane.
Ry Alt Account
Rydarus/Rykilus/Alácrity/Rlinia/Jindarus/Suradir
<Aisthesis> <Antithesis> <Nemesis> <Rydarus Piggy Bank>
<Somewhat Random Bystanders>

Tythos
01.18.2014 , 11:57 AM | #18
I've accepted long ago that Vigilance is a PVE spec while Focus is a PVP spec and I just respect according to what I feel like doing that day. Vigilance may have a few PVP talents but it's just easier to play with that mindset. It's not like it's hard to learn Focus on the side anyway.

Luckeyduckey
01.18.2014 , 12:00 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Tythos View Post
I've accepted long ago that Vigilance is a PVE spec while Focus is a PVP spec and I just respect according to what I feel like doing that day. Vigilance may have a few PVP talents but it's just easier to play with that mindset. It's not like it's hard to learn Focus on the side anyway.
Focus = PvP spec. Vigi = Ranked, Solo queue PvP, PvE. Focus is far too squishy to play PvP alone. If you have a healer, or some friends, it's amazing. Otherwise it's best to stick to Vig.

Tythos
01.18.2014 , 01:11 PM | #20
Point taken. When you have to be choosey about who you bring with you, the character that dies in a second might not be the best choice.