Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Community: What's your opinion on BW's approach to releasing the Rakghoul event?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Community: What's your opinion on BW's approach to releasing the Rakghoul event?

ViciousFett
01.18.2014 , 12:20 AM | #1
Well, it's now Friday night and still no event launch. The patch was deployed on Tuesday morning and we've been twitter teased ever since.

I understand that the dev's intention was to make this event a surprise, like the original one, but when most of the community is already in the know and expecting it I feel this method is just cruel and annoying. I respect the effort to add some RP flavor with the Twitter and Facebook posts, but some of us would like to be able to allot time to the event in advance rather than constantly having to check to see if it's begun yet.

What do you guys think? Should BW be more transparent with all their events, or do you like not being in the loop?

JidaiDerriphan
01.18.2014 , 12:41 AM | #2
Too predictable is a negative, but I agree if they're going to tease it's annoying, iWipe/Dulfy has had all the new goodies on her site for some time now, and we all know it's coming...
"You must begin by gaining power over yourself; then another; then a group, an order, a world, a species, a group of species… finally, the galaxy itself."
―Darth Plagueis
JidaiDerriphan Account Created Date:03.28.09

FREE CHARACTER TRANSFER*: Http://www.swtor.com/r/fhKgVR

OddballEasyEight
01.18.2014 , 01:10 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by ViciousFett View Post
Well, it's now Friday night and still no event launch. The patch was deployed on Tuesday morning and we've been twitter teased ever since.

I understand that the dev's intention was to make this event a surprise, like the original one, but when most of the community is already in the know and expecting it I feel this method is just cruel and annoying. I respect the effort to add some RP flavor with the Twitter and Facebook posts, but some of us would like to be able to allot time to the event in advance rather than constantly having to check to see if it's begun yet.

What do you guys think? Should BW be more transparent with all their events, or do you like not being in the loop?
No, I love it
I mean it's easy enough to figure out that the event will be set in motion on a tuesday as per every other event, but I like that they are teasing it with in-universe story snippets.
Besides, you'll know when it starts soon enough.

Transairion
01.18.2014 , 01:16 AM | #4
Personally I feel "mid Jan" start becomes a bit of a stretch by next week and it would've made more sense to me to have it start this week, but what are you gonna do? Maybe they pushed it back due to Bounty Week being scheduled.

Djstingable
01.18.2014 , 01:18 AM | #5
They could be going for a weekend launch, but it's definitely gonna happen by Wednesday. I think they may perhaps release it at midnight or 3am PST tonight, the time a patch would normally be. One could only hope.
The Frost Legacy
Saf'ire - Scoundrel ** Kal'dur - Commando ** Azaifelay - Guardian
Plat'inum - Sniper ** Sea'crest - Assassin ** Cor'vo - Powertech

ViciousFett
01.18.2014 , 02:01 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
No, I love it
I mean it's easy enough to figure out that the event will be set in motion on a tuesday as per every other event, but I like that they are teasing it with in-universe story snippets.
Besides, you'll know when it starts soon enough.
The original event started on Sunday April 15th, 2012

Pscyon
01.18.2014 , 02:06 AM | #7
There's no reason they couldn't give a proper date up front and still do their in-universe nonsense updates. The people who really enjoy those would probably still enjoy them. I think those posts are the same as the ones on the dev tracker though which is an infinite improvement from what we had back in the Dark Ages of No Information, when the only way to get official info was to hang out on *********** twitter since the official site only got updated with the same info days later.
Sith Sorcerer

aeterno
01.18.2014 , 02:10 AM | #8
It's BS.

If you want to make it a surprise, make it a surprise.

If you want to tease it, tease it a couple times than launch. When one gets to do "omg twitter update, is it how, huh, huh, is it here??? Um... nope." for the 10th time the glee of anticipation is replaced by annoyance by that stage.

Reno_Tarshil
01.18.2014 , 02:29 AM | #9
It's BH Week. It would be pointless to run 2 events in the same week.
The Ragestar Legacy
[Living Legend]
Renotarshil (Marauder) Renofett (Mercenary) Rénô (Sniper) Quizard (Sorcerer)
Révãn (Guardian) Renô (Vanguard) Izzy'darkclaw (Scoundrel) Garrett'hawke (Shadow)

Tsillah
01.18.2014 , 02:31 AM | #10
People are just such impatient little children.

They did say mid January and it makes perfect sense to not let it overlap with the Bounty Week, so why all this bs about "an approach"? It's pretty clear to me what they're doing, so I just don't get all the fuss. Guess this is what happens in a world where people want everything spelled out for them and have the patience of a 5-year-old.

Sorry people, sometimes you don't get what you want, when you want it. Sometimes you just have to wait a little.
Et In Gehenna Vixi...