Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Maintenance: January 21st

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ServerDroid
01.17.2014 , 05:45 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
On January 21st, all game servers and swtor.com will be unavailable while we perform maintenance. Patch 2.5.2a will be implemented during this downtime. Details are as follows:

Date: Tuesday January 21st, 2014
Duration: 2 hours
Time: 3AM PST (11AM GMT) - 5AM PST (1PM GMT)

Thank you for your patience as we maintain service for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

Sadishist
01.17.2014 , 07:07 PM | #2
What will be fixed? I hope the AFKers using bots on GSF 24/7.
A fearful enemy is at his most dangerous.

The Fallen Lords of The Bastion
Juggernaut: Sadishist Sorcerer: Drellion

HKtheindomitable
01.17.2014 , 09:38 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Sadishist View Post
Agreement: Or how Gunships are able to snipe players through the construction environment on the Makeb GSF B satellite (unless that's not how that works, in which case, I have some folks to report) That and the ability to leave a GSF match while it's going.

Statement: Too many players are treating it like they did the War Zones. They leave when things go bad. Players shouldn't be allowed to leave War Zones, and they DEFINITELY should NOT be allowed to leave GSF matches once the match has started.

Mockery: But then that's punishing players who are sucked into a losing War Zone that they don't want to be a part of.

Retort: That's the luck of the draw. The point is to get those who don't know how or refuse to be a team player to either learn to work with others and blame themselves for their own faults, or quit playing in them.

Mockery: But then your singling players out. That's not a nice thing to do.

Irritated Retort: Those players are like meatbags that cause trouble at a party. Eventually they will be ignored by enough people that they will either shape up or find something else to do. If they don't want to be upbuilding and helpful, then that's what they deserve. They can't get better if they don't learn that doing that is wrong.

Admission: I used to do that too when it came to a specific War Zone that I really dislike. But I learned very quickly how nobody likes it when team members start leaving. Specifically when things have just started to go bad.

Reminder: And don't forget, I'm the one who's writing this. That means that this includes me too. I can get sucked into a losing match. And I don't like to lose a match. If those players don't want to be mature, then the rest of us shouldn't have to suffer it. And being sucked into a losing match is much better than having to suffer through an entire match with one or more who badmouth and don't want to work together.
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread Guild Website
Casual PVP with Hardcore Determination
Prophecy of the Five | Justicar | International Guild

Bugattiboy
01.17.2014 , 10:43 PM | #4
When the version has a letter in it, it's likely a hotfix for something specific, but waiting 4 days to fix it doesn't make sound it like it's a hotfix.

jankiel
01.18.2014 , 04:05 AM | #5
Fixing the no sound bug in GSF?

Pretty please
Coris of The Progenitor

turtlesareawesom
01.18.2014 , 07:26 AM | #6
I wonder what is getting fixed, since I haven't seen a bug at all when i played, except the occasional disappearing taxi in Coruscant.

BurnedRemains
01.18.2014 , 08:37 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Bugattiboy View Post
When the version has a letter in it, it's likely a hotfix for something specific, but waiting 4 days to fix it doesn't make sound it like it's a hotfix.
That's because they are just turning off Bounty Week.

Darth_Wicked
01.18.2014 , 08:59 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by BurnedRemains View Post
That's because they are just turning off Bounty Week.
The BH event does NOT require a patch to go live. Same for when it it's over. Bioware said as much previously.
Click here for a FREE character transfer and 7 days of subscription ( Referral Link )
Quote: Originally Posted by Revan and Meetra Surik
She was a great Jedi. My most trusted ally. History remembers her as the Exile. To me, she was... more.

ShadowMudkip
01.18.2014 , 12:12 PM | #9
The community team hardly ever posts on the weekends. A new initiative by GSI called "Thorn" had been spotted on Alderaan, they aren't fixing anything, they are activating the Rakghoul event. Many Rakghouls. Much Obvious. So Alderaan.
JediCovenant
The Veir Legacy
Mairick-Assassin Mylius-Sorcerer
Kaidin-Mercenary

Aries_cz
01.18.2014 , 01:04 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Sadishist View Post
I was suspecting that what I saw today must be some kind of multibox or something like that, all fighters had similar names (starting with same string on characters)
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos