Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Picking a stealthy alt

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Picking a stealthy alt

LordPorkins
12.24.2011 , 04:14 AM | #1
Yes hello.

I am currently levelling a Jedi consulate and really enjoying it. I am speccing a sage AC but thinking about an alt.

I like the mythology and storyline theme of the imperial agent, not sure if I would find sniping boring, it seems quite static although an operative does appeal. I do like the idea of a stealth melee class. The other class that jumps out along the same lines is a sith inquisition assassin. Although I think I prefer the idea and story behind an agent, I am not an experienced MMO player and I have been told that the Assassin is more forgiving than an agent.

Is this true? Anyone who has played both that can advise me?

Thanks

Haasth
12.24.2011 , 07:27 AM | #2
You are stating you like the appeal of an Imperial Agent a lot more, so just go with it. Don't fuss yourself over what class is easier than the other. You'll do fine, you'll get your bearings on the class as you go along.

If you like the thought of an Imperial Agent more and want to play a stealth melee class, go with Operative (Concealment tree) for sure. They are more 'stealthy' than the Sith Assassin when it comes to gameplay.

BobaTed
12.24.2011 , 08:49 AM | #3
The Sniper AC doesn't get stealth, so that's out. Operative is an odd fish, though - yes, it's a melee class, but not right away. You'll still rely heavily on your starting ranged attacks until level 20 (maybe beyond if you go Medic). I used Stealth almost strictly as a movement utility power up until then.

Assassin - only got one to 11 before I changed servers, but from what I saw it looks like the Inq is already more reliant on close-range attacks than the IA is by the time you choose an AC, so it may be a smoother transition.

So, yeah, IA-Op is worth doing for the story, but expect growing pains in the teens...