Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Taris, Balmorra and Corellia: What I Think Was Done Wrong

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Taris, Balmorra and Corellia: What I Think Was Done Wrong

CheesecakeCzar
01.16.2014 , 08:17 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Little_Judas View Post
If I'm not mistaken Republic Correlia is starts a bit later than Empire Correlia. So your IA wouldn't know.
And that question you asked to Darth Marr is just because most of the three conversation options have one question to gain redundant information. (Like on Taris, you can get accept a quest to do something about rakghouls and later you have the option to asked someone else what rakghouls are)
What is the source of information that Republic Corellia is later on?

If it is redundant information, then it is still information, no? I don't see how that would have any relation to the truth.
Nobody expects <The Imperial Inquisition>! (RP-PvP) Aid us in our mission to hunt down all traitors and dissenters within the Sith Empire!
http://www.swtor.com/guilds/37572/imperial-inquisition CE VIP

CheesecakeCzar
01.16.2014 , 08:19 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Path-x View Post
Well you could use a little imagination. First of all, you should NOT assume that the Empire had all the outposts when the 4 characters arrived on Taris. You should see it as if the Empire gradually retakes the territory as your character helps with the offensive and the storyline progresses. The first Taris mission is actually repelling the Republic forces who are trying to destroy the staging area of imperial assault (starport outpost) which kinda gives you the idea that imps only have one outpost at the beginning. The reason why Empire physically have all the outposts is simply because of the game mechanics. This MMO, there are tons of players playing the planet. How the hell do you expect them to make a outpost capturing missions just for you? Do you expect them to make an new instance for every player?
World phasing is used extensively in games made prior to SWTOR. Why a story based MMO like SWTOR would neglect it is beyond me. So you cannot say it is "game mechanics."
Nobody expects <The Imperial Inquisition>! (RP-PvP) Aid us in our mission to hunt down all traitors and dissenters within the Sith Empire!
http://www.swtor.com/guilds/37572/imperial-inquisition CE VIP

Darth_Wicked
01.17.2014 , 01:42 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by CheesecakeCzar View Post
During RoTHC, in the conversation with Darth Marr, by agent had an option to say, "But we won the battle of Corellia." Then Darth Marr said something along the lines of, "Yes, but Sith infighting destroyed that all."

So, if Corellia clearly was won by the Republic pre-RoTHC, why is it obviously not post-RoTHC? It seems to contradict each other - that is a problem. And obviously I missed some cues, because I still do not remember a hint of the Empire losing anything during the battle while playing as an Imperial character. You can say Havoc Squad did X and the Hero of Tython did Y, but I'm certain to say that my Imperial character saw none of it.
You mean this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ifx6sLkDa1M#t=02m59s

What Darth Marr fails to acknowledge is the Empire's victory on Corellia was not a TOTAL victory, but rather a temporary one since, despite the Corellian Council handling the planet's affairs to the Empire, CorSec and Republic forces were still able to retake the planet at a later date, as pointed out in the videos I provided already.

Also...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViFI7OyIB3U#t=13m08s

And I quote...

Quote:
I've seen numbers altered before. Dark Lords who use troops for their own purposes and cover it up. Sith infighting disguised as glorious conquest. (...)
^^ All of this was happening at the time Corellia was supposed to be conquered, courtesy of Darth Vowrawn, Thanaton and Baras.

As the "WHY" you don't remember, it is fairly obvious as someone pointed out already: The events on Corellia, Republic side, take place shortly AFTER the ones seen Empire side.

Frenesi
01.17.2014 , 07:09 AM | #14
The only char who is doing something to ensure Empire victory on Corellia is BH. Agent is running around doing something completely different, while both sith are fighting IMPERIAL forces. Especially inquisitor. Compare this with 3 heavy counter-attacks led by trooper, consular and knight and add rogue imperial admiral from smuggler story. And actual Emperor's plan for the entire invasion. Is it really so strange that after initial success Empire fails to completely capture the planet?
I just dropped in
To see in what condition my condition was in

Referal with some free crap.

Path-x
01.17.2014 , 11:47 AM | #15
World phasing is used extensively in games made prior to SWTOR.
Such things are limiting and unnecessary.
Jedi: You won the day, Sith. So, kill me if you must.
Warrior: I must.

AlexDougherty
01.18.2014 , 04:55 AM | #16
Basically, only one side got to see what actually happened, as in the case of Balmorra for the Republic and Taris for the Empire. To the other side, it seemed that their faction wholly succeeded. That is until they give the "victorious" faction a try. That just seems poorly done. Everything that the "losing" faction did was pointless, simply because the "victorious" faction got to go to the planet later.
Um, this is war, everything the losing side does is ultimately pointless, and one side has to win, this doesn't make what you did pointless, because what you were doing was supporting your faction, and that's all anyone can do.

Plus we know ultimately the Empire has to lose, because 3600 years later the Republic is in the films, and if the Empire had won there would be no Republic. So we all knew what was going to happen eventually, does that make half the game pointless?
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

Xilizhra
01.18.2014 , 08:10 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexDougherty View Post
Um, this is war, everything the losing side does is ultimately pointless, and one side has to win, this doesn't make what you did pointless, because what you were doing was supporting your faction, and that's all anyone can do.

Plus we know ultimately the Empire has to lose, because 3600 years later the Republic is in the films, and if the Empire had won there would be no Republic. So we all knew what was going to happen eventually, does that make half the game pointless?
Strictly speaking, we know the Empire has to lose eventually... but not necessarily in this game.

AlexDougherty
01.18.2014 , 08:45 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Xilizhra View Post
Strictly speaking, we know the Empire has to lose eventually... but not necessarily in this game.
True, not necessarily in this game.
But they definately loose this war (because the Republic survives).
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

Darth_Wicked
01.18.2014 , 08:46 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexDougherty View Post
True, not necessarily in this game.
But they definately loose this war (because the Republic survives).
Only to fall pretty much into disarray at a later date.

Little_Judas
01.18.2014 , 09:34 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
Only to fall pretty much into disarray at a later date.
Only to rise again at a later date.
Only to fall again at a later date.
Only to rise again at a later date.
Only to fall again at a later date.