Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rolling need/greed for flashpoint items....

HyperMaggot
12.24.2011 , 08:12 AM | #1
So, short and sweet, i need opinions. Is it wrong to roll "need" on an item that's not necessarily your specific class item but one your companion could use?

I just got done hammer station with one other guy, and he completely went ape**** on me for rolling need on a lower robe. He asked why i rolled need, and i told him because my companion uses the consular items(Kira) and she has pretty much all the beginner gear. This made a huge improvement for my companion.

I'm level 21, and haven't come across much gear for her. I won the roll and he pretty much tried to make me feel like an *** about the entire situation. I even told him why but then he proceeded to cry more about it and then put me on ignore. *shrug*. I felt i did nothing wrong. My companion really helps me continue to progress alot smoother. The item was nearly 10 levels lower for him also.

I can see why he had a reason to complain, but we both rolled need. He acts as if i had no right AT ALL to roll need but yet we both had reasons why we needed it.

Comments? Suggestions? Opinions?

Thanks..
CE Pre-Ordered Successfully. Early Access: Granted.

Alcarinn
12.24.2011 , 08:23 AM | #2
I say its wrong to do what you did but ONLY if some player rolled need for his main ...

Then again i believe items that are bind on equip should always be greeded unless needed for main.

Savriel
12.24.2011 , 08:26 AM | #3
Was he a light armor user?

It could be possible it was an upgrade for him. Please ask group mates if it is okay for you to roll need for a companion.

Rolling need in a group for a companion is socially unacceptable since the companion is not used in groups.

Later in the game you will have 4+ companions with variety of weapons and armor. Does this mean you will selfishly role need on every piece that drops just so you can gear all your companions?

This topic has been over-argued sorry for continuing it.

HyperMaggot
12.24.2011 , 08:36 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Savriel View Post
Was he a light armor user?

It could be possible it was an upgrade for him. Please ask group mates if it is okay for you to roll need for a companion.

Rolling need in a group for a companion is socially unacceptable since the companion is not used in groups.

Later in the game you will have 4+ companions with variety of weapons and armor. Does this mean you will selfishly role need on every piece that drops just so you can gear all your companions?

This topic has been over-argued sorry for continuing it.

No, I have no desire to use more than 1 companion as my "main." Since the mechanic of companion is really new to the mmo world, I'm taking all the comments and opinions with a grain of salt. Technically, there is no right or wrong answer here IMO, but rather I'm just curious what the majority of the crowd says. Can't blame me for needing an item that i will actually use to full advantage. If i were selling the item, than yes, I can see this as being a **** move, but this isn't the case.
CE Pre-Ordered Successfully. Early Access: Granted.