Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Cybertech] Alternate recipe sources for MODs

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Cybertech] Alternate recipe sources for MODs

JacksonMo
01.15.2014 , 02:25 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Blakinik View Post
I like the cunning redoubts! Hear me out before you scream...

In some cases the defense is enough to reduce damage and therefore you last longer. its great if you are like a sniper or the like with DPS in that it allows for you to get a greater damage avoidance. Basically in a nutshell, it is great if your 'role' is to provide suppression fire and keep mobs from concentrating out on a your tank.
If you're pulling enough agro off the tank that defense helps you survive longer, then the tank either isn't doing his job properly, or he's intentionally sacrificing a DPS because the healer is struggling to keep him alive.
In any case, defense paired with cunning is never a good idea, unless you are low level and it's the only piece with cunning you can find/afford.

psandak
01.15.2014 , 11:54 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by JacksonMo View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Blakinik View Post
I like the cunning redoubts! Hear me out before you scream...

In some cases the defense is enough to reduce damage and therefore you last longer. its great if you are like a sniper or the like with DPS in that it allows for you to get a greater damage avoidance. Basically in a nutshell, it is great if your 'role' is to provide suppression fire and keep mobs from concentrating out on a your tank.
If you're pulling enough agro off the tank that defense helps you survive longer, then the tank either isn't doing his job properly, or he's intentionally sacrificing a DPS because the healer is struggling to keep him alive.
In any case, defense paired with cunning is never a good idea, unless you are low level and it's the only piece with cunning you can find/afford.
agreed 1,000,000,000%

Further, by having defense rating as a stat you are gimping your own DPS (that allocation of defense rating is taking away from power or critical rating) - instead of avoiding incoming damage prevent it entirely by killing the mob faster .