Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

@Georg Zoeller: lets talk about the Warrior, and why you dont want us to fight elites

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
@Georg Zoeller: lets talk about the Warrior, and why you dont want us to fight elites
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Brene
12.24.2011 , 07:07 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Nmaharg View Post
They kill normal mobs really fast. Thats why we use them. Seeing how lebering up 90% of teh mobs you'll be killing are normal they are pretty useful.
^ has not leveled very far

IvamAkorahil
12.24.2011 , 07:37 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by deserttfoxx View Post
hat.

Then we get to pommel strike and savage kick, 2 skills, for the life of my, i dont understand the design philosopher of. These skills do an absurd amount of damage, If the target is incapacitated, immobilized, or slowed. They are not off the global cooldown so they are incredibly tricky to time, one of them has a RIDICULOUS cooldown (45 seconds) and neither of them work on any mob above strong.

Wait.. what?
savage kick is for pvp, as you most likely allmost encounter slowed enmies in group fights, so you can spam it every 15 seconds, the other one is simply a nice gimmick for flashpoints or ops groups as you can deal a good amount of damage on that one whirlwinded or incapped enemy.

commons sense to me
Rule through the fear of force rather than through force itself.

Beyondpower
12.24.2011 , 07:45 AM | #13
^ And yet Savage Kick doesn't seem to work in PvP no matter how much you slow someone.

Carbonated
12.24.2011 , 07:57 AM | #14
Marauder + pommel = nothing gonna happen on silver or higher lol.

Remember juggys, it could be worse...
I used to be Part of the community But the aussie dollar is strong with this one.

Comar
12.24.2011 , 08:09 AM | #15
Sorry OP, but you have no clue about your class and I won't tell you how to play it. Especially the part with "smash good aoe, start with it" shows that you know nothing.
Darth Sious - Synthweaver/Slicer on "The Red Eclipse"

In Beta known as:Parsec, Dredale, Sabero, Drem, Kaast, Kia'a

Rynak
12.24.2011 , 10:54 AM | #16
They are putting fixes for the SJ/JG "soon after launch" according to a dev chat recently. I don't see anything on the PTR, or whatever it's called, so it is probably still in internal testing.
Hatred is merely a tool, just like my lightsaber. When I strike you down in anger with my lightsaber, it is through no fault of your own. I am merely using the tools at my disposal.

jpeteiii
12.24.2011 , 11:07 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Comar View Post
Sorry OP, but you have no clue about your class and I won't tell you how to play it. Especially the part with "smash good aoe, start with it" shows that you know nothing.
I approve this message.

Faolon
12.24.2011 , 11:23 AM | #18
I haven't had any problem fighting elites up to level 30. Do they get ridiculously hard at 50?
"I will show you things... wonderful, terrible things."

Doomsinger
12.24.2011 , 11:25 AM | #19
Eh, as an experienced mmo player who has played pretty much all the SWTOR classes into the 20's at least as well (some much further), I will say the OP may not have his rotation down pat, he is right about one thing... the Sith Warrior is great through about level 20 and then starts to trail off in the mid 20's becoming positively annoying to play. It irons itself out later on, but it's an un-needed ten or so levels.
I will not say do not weep, for not all tears are an evil.

Rafkin
12.24.2011 , 11:29 AM | #20
Every class has multiple stuns. If they all worked on elites then groups could easily perma stun their way through heroic content. We had 3 Sith warriors in Athiss and back to back to back force chokes made everything trivial.