Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Purchased mounts shoud be legacy wide why are they not???!!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Purchased mounts shoud be legacy wide why are they not???!!!!

Andryah
01.11.2014 , 12:37 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Mistressthunder View Post
As i said im not really looking for something for nothing.......my kids have wow accts i don't really like that game but when you spend real money which cartel points kinda are the purched mounts should be legacy wide....i spent the equivalent of 40 bones on mounts and they only go on one toon ...its a bummer i think when in wow they would be available on ever toon in the acct......i don't mind working for special account specific stuff but paid for stuff is different i think anyhow /shrug.
What?? Apple and oranges comparison in how it works. As for economics comparison, in terms of using RL money to do it.. it's pretty much parity in terms of impact to your wallet. BUT.....

Dude.. it's a two part process to unlimited copies of any precious CM item you desire in this game... with the same end economic impact to you (worst case) and much less economic impact to you if you take advantage of the free trade in the player economy of CM items.

1) you acquire the CM mount (and by no means do you need to spend real money to get Cartel Coins to do this. You can buy them from other players on the GTN). You have a path that requires no "bones" on you part.

2) you pay a one time unlock fee in Collections (which in fact must indeed by with coins) and you not only get the mount legacy wide... you get it account wide.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

MillionsKNives
01.11.2014 , 01:09 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Mistressthunder View Post
As i said im not really looking for something for nothing.......my kids have wow accts i don't really like that game but when you spend real money which cartel points kinda are the purched mounts should be legacy wide....i spent the equivalent of 40 bones on mounts and they only go on one toon ...its a bummer i think when in wow they would be available on ever toon in the acct......i don't mind working for special account specific stuff but paid for stuff is different i think anyhow /shrug.
Welcome to 2.1

Hyfy
01.11.2014 , 01:43 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by KyaniteD View Post
Mine was miraculously unlockable about 2 weeks after I added it to collections and 3 days after writing a ticket about it (but before the ticket was officially answered).

What they all have in common is that they are promotional items that were unlocked/mailed out account-wide and were not obtained through gameplay. Usually, every character created gets them by default and I think they're in collections to make it easier to recover an item that was lost or accidentally deleted. Rather than just for cartel market items, you could say collections is for items not obtained through regular gameplay like quest rewards, world drops or vendor-bought items.
The Ashfall Tauntaun? I was under the impression that one just became available last week or am I off on my timing?
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a bodies natural defense against stupid

Andryah
01.11.2014 , 03:37 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Hyfy View Post
The Ashfall Tauntaun? I was under the impression that one just became available last week or am I off on my timing?
It's been available for a while now. I forget the exact date they released it.. but it was back in November I believe.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

KyaniteD
01.11.2014 , 03:58 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Hyfy View Post
Very off. It was added November 19th.
Harm no one's internal, invisible integrities. Leave others the privacies of their minds and lives. (Surak) Don't think twice before you listen to your heart, follow the trace for a new start. [...] In the eye of storm you'll see a lonely dove - the experience of survival is the key to the gravity of love. (Enigma)

Hyfy
01.11.2014 , 04:25 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by KyaniteD View Post
Very off. It was added November 19th.
Wow, shows how much I was paying attention then. Thank ya for correcting me then.

Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
It's been available for a while now. I forget the exact date they released it.. but it was back in November I believe.
And you too.
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a bodies natural defense against stupid

Mistressthunder
01.13.2014 , 04:10 PM | #27
Thank you for the replies. I did look into it further and yes the cartel ones are unlock-able for a few more coins. Serves me right for not reading all of the patch notes
There is no such thing as becoming happy. You only become comfortable with your core misery, which is in itself a form of happiness.