Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

F2P restrictions.

Hassat-Hunter
01.13.2014 , 04:52 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Zorvan View Post
Yeah, now there is an example of an actual stupid restriction. Bugs affect everyone, subs included. More people report bugs, more likely that bugs get fixed.
That's why, if pref, I send mails with bug reports. Forces them to read them to instead of auto-"Send to QA". Even got a few personal responses that way

DarthMaulUK
01.13.2014 , 04:59 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
This - http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...a-Charity.html

Quoted - However, before you do that, try and take a step back and look at the whole situation and understand that these games are still a business in the end and they would not exist or be available for free if there were no way to actually make a profit on them.
i cant keep repeating myself....... i refer you to my 'high horse' quote.

The fact that ALL the EU servers are still light(when most used to be standard around this time of day) just reinforces my argument. Yes it's a business but for those who pay a sub, with empty servers, because of F2P restrictions these players will wait until later to come online.
to strive to seek, to find. And not to yield.

Zorvan
01.13.2014 , 05:05 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by DarknessInLight View Post

As far as I'm concerned, if you don't subscribe, you really don't have a voice when it comes to complaining about things working/not working. Just my two cents.
You really should tone the elitism down a notch. You realize the "f2P" people bring more revenue to this game than subs, right? You realize those F2P people saved this game so you could play it and post how "lowly" those same F2P people are on these forums?

If we want to to decide the hierarchy of importance simply from revenue and actual contribution to this games survival, subs would be the ones with no say following your little philosophy. Something to chew on, perhaps. Subs actually get more for less in the long term, yet somehow think they're the top of the food chain. Ask me, it's some subs who seem to show more "entitlement" than those lowly F2P players.

OwenBrooks
01.13.2014 , 05:08 AM | #74
There is no high horse except the one you are on about
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthMaulUK View Post

Life is full of the have/nots and I firmly believe that gaming should never be the same..
This is where you get derailed, if your expecting that with this game, move along this isn't the game your looking for.

Feel free to check server loads and pick a server that is good for you - http://www.torstatus.net/

Edit - post how "lowly" those same F2P people are on these forums?

I also don't think that at all , if people want to have a F2P account and pay for the unlocks or sub that is there choice and I see nothing wrong with that.

Zorvan
01.13.2014 , 05:25 AM | #75

I also don't think that at all , if people want to have a F2P account and pay for the unlocks or sub that is there choice and I see nothing wrong with that.
Wasn't aimed at you.

OwenBrooks
01.13.2014 , 05:28 AM | #76
I was just agreeing

dwaine
01.13.2014 , 05:54 AM | #77
the hilarious part (been around since beta mind you) is that these are the same EXACT people on the "SWTOR is gonna die in 6 months" train. i find this ammusing only because theyre now defending it. Do continue though.
Old Squadrons ima let you finish!

But 11-11-11 Squadrons are the best squadrons of all time!

DarthMaulUK
01.13.2014 , 05:57 AM | #78
There is no high horse except the one you are on about

This is where you get derailed, if your expecting that with this game, move along this isn't the game your looking for.

Feel free to check server loads and pick a server that is good for you - http://www.torstatus.net/

I like you how just pick out ONE thing from my post and actually ignore the facts. FACT - right now, servers are light when they used to be standard, even heavy at this time of day for Euro Servers.

Like everyone sitting on their high horse, you continue to miss the point. Hey, if you're happy playing on empty servers - fine. There simply is no point debating this with people who expect they are right because they are paying a sub.

I pay a sub and I believe Flashpoints and Warzones should lose their restrictions. It will present a BETTER GAMING EXPERIENCE FOR ALL.

in caps, incase you again miss the point.

DarthMaulUK
01.13.2014 , 05:58 AM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by dwaine View Post
the hilarious part (been around since beta mind you) is that these are the same EXACT people on the "SWTOR is gonna die in 6 months" train. i find this ammusing only because theyre now defending it. Do continue though.
But it did. F2P saved it. Short memory if you remember how Bioware just left the game to rot for 8 months whilst they ran around trying to figure out a plan B.

OwenBrooks
01.13.2014 , 06:09 AM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthMaulUK View Post
Hey, if you're happy playing on empty servers - fine. There simply is no point debating this with people who expect they are right because they are paying a sub.

I pay a sub and I believe Flashpoints and Warzones should lose their restrictions. It will present a BETTER GAMING EXPERIENCE FOR ALL.
in caps, incase you again miss the point.
See I don't find my servers empty, maybe you need more friends to play with, what has me paying a sub got to do with it, how is my sub any different to a F2P player who buys unlocks ? So I chose to not buy a bigmac meal once a month to pay for my sub.

Well if there is suggestions for improvement post them here if your serious - http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=349 and if they agree then I am sure they will implement them.

Quote: Originally Posted by dwaine View Post
This just made me think of that movie "Chicken Little" - The Sky is Falling ! not sure why