Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Involuntarily flagged for PvP as a 32 by a 50 on a PvE server.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Involuntarily flagged for PvP as a 32 by a 50 on a PvE server.

Eldartank's Avatar


Eldartank
02.23.2012 , 08:16 PM | #641
Quote: Originally Posted by HanoverFist View Post
They attack any mob that you have already aggroed/engaged, if you or your companion then hit that mob your flagged.
Wow.... They need to fix that, too. Assuming they didn't already include that fix with the AOE-flag fix they just did.

Eldartank's Avatar


Eldartank
02.23.2012 , 08:19 PM | #642
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Gao_Gao View Post
i mean, i understand why this shouldn't happen, and i don't agree with what this player did, but why, oh why, would you choose to teleport across the map like this? are you that afraid of dying? hell, you probably could have taken him anyway. worse case is you die, and are teleported to the closest medbay. that's a much more desirable result than wasting a fast travel across the planet.

i suppose this is fixed now anyway, but this just struck me as really odd.
The problem is that these griefers who did this usually were around level 50, and doing it to people who were far lower, basically making it impossible for them to do quests in an area. Dying and teleporting to the nearest medbay didn't really mean anything when that high-level griefer just kept hanging around the quest area anyway, stealthed and waiting for someone to use an AOE ability so he could force-flag and gank them. So yeah, this is definitely a much-needed fix.

Sauin's Avatar


Sauin
01.12.2014 , 01:55 PM | #643
These exploits are still not fixed!

My group were involuntary flagged and ganked doing dailies on Oricon earlier today has anyone heard anything from the Devs since 2012 on this issue?
"I was gonna pwn the galaxy tonight, but I took a patch in the knee "

Tsillah's Avatar


Tsillah
01.12.2014 , 02:16 PM | #644
Quote: Originally Posted by Sauin View Post
These exploits are still not fixed!

My group were involuntary flagged and ganked doing dailies on Oricon earlier today has anyone heard anything from the Devs since 2012 on this issue?
Holy necro batman...It's fixed enough so it rarely happens...so just deal with it and move along...and that's all I am going to say about this.
Et In Gehenna Vixi...

Reno_Tarshil's Avatar


Reno_Tarshil
01.12.2014 , 04:17 PM | #645
Necro of the Month goes to....
The Ragestar Legacy
[Living Legend]
"Deal with it."
http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuffs

DarknessInLight's Avatar


DarknessInLight
01.12.2014 , 04:36 PM | #646
Quote: Originally Posted by Eldartank View Post
The problem is that these griefers who did this usually were around level 50, and doing it to people who were far lower, basically making it impossible for them to do quests in an area. Dying and teleporting to the nearest medbay didn't really mean anything when that high-level griefer just kept hanging around the quest area anyway, stealthed and waiting for someone to use an AOE ability so he could force-flag and gank them. So yeah, this is definitely a much-needed fix.
The joke's on that level 50 when the level 32 brings a pair of 78 geared level 55's to watch him. Ah, yes, the benefit of having a guild.....
Jedi do not fight for Peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading, as slogans always are. Jedi fight for Civilization, because only Civilization creates Peace. - Jedi Master Mace Windu

Telaan's Avatar


Telaan
01.12.2014 , 05:09 PM | #647
Quote: Originally Posted by BrigOrion View Post
This highlights just how little the TOR devs know what they are doing. PvP should not be an option of any kind on the PvE servers. Not even sparring or dueling. PvP should be 100% restricted to the servers dedicated to PvP. PvE players choose a PvE server because they don't want to play with that ganking crap.

More BioWare/EA/Lucasarts fail.
Lolololol

So many people have no idea what camping and griefing is.

This stuff is child's play compared to EVE or old school SWG. I remember the days of swg when there were no vehicles and you had to do a corpse run to get your stuff back. Or even after they changed it so that you cloned with you stuff but could only clone to the closest facility. You couldn't save your clone data till much later. Talk about camping....

We'd take over other guilds cities by clone camping them. Your only recourse was to log off. There was no such thing as a pve vs pvp server.

Even ganking lowbies at crossroads in WoW was a lot of fun. On a good server it draws players out to retake lost territory resulting in some of the best pvp memories you could have. On a bad server everyone ignores it till the gankers get bored in a few min and leave.

PvP is as much a part of this game as pvp. Getting ganked once isn't griefing. It's a minor inconvenience. Just rez to your closest med center and move on. The amount of rage towards these rare occasions is laughable.

Otherwise. Nice necro.
Kype Lightwave/Telaan Lightwave -Pot5- "Pistols' RP Apprentice"
Telaan Lightwave Pre-CU Jedi Knight -JKO- Bloodfin
Master LS/Master Defender/Healing 2xxx/Enhancer xxx3

Halinalle's Avatar


Halinalle
01.13.2014 , 01:18 AM | #648
Quote: Originally Posted by DarknessInLight View Post
The joke's on that level 50 when the level 32 brings a pair of 78 geared level 55's to watch him. Ah, yes, the benefit of having a guild.....
I'd actually want to see that. Level 50 ganking lowbies and doesn't know that he is going to be killed soon by two level 55s.