Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I bought Treek today, and I regret it.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
I bought Treek today, and I regret it.

Zorvan
01.12.2014 , 02:00 PM | #1
Do I think she's a bad companion mechanically? No. She's awesome, I don't even have to work at staying alive with her around.

Do I think she looks bad? No, I think she's pretty darn cute.

Do I think the price was wrong? No, not really.

So then, why do i regret buying her?

Because, all I hear with her around is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnrnGX01VzI

Darth_Wicked
01.12.2014 , 02:05 PM | #2
I know what you mean. I took me - at the very least(!!!) - an entire month or so to get used to it. Ever since, I guess a grew a tolerance to it... Guess my ears bled enough back then..

It's a shame that such an awesome companion, gameplay wise, can be so freaking annoying.
Click here for a FREE character transfer and 7 days of subscription ( Referral Link FAQ )
Quote: Originally Posted by The Devoted Ones ( AKA, Raving Mad )
THEY'RE RUINING EVERYTHING! I SEE IT. WE SEE. BUT THEY DON'T SEE.
THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE EYES!

dorpen
01.12.2014 , 02:06 PM | #3
I was listing some things on the GTN last night and there was a sniper with that companion. I just turned my volume off but, I can't imagine running around with that thing for any long period of time.

Tsillah
01.12.2014 , 02:07 PM | #4
I actually love that. She's so horribly psycho it makes me laugh. I do understand that if you don't then it can get really annoying I suppose but I just think she's hilarious. Oh well...
Et In Gehenna Vixi...

AshlaBoga
01.12.2014 , 02:24 PM | #5
You got yourself an Ewok for a Companion and you regret it.
In hindsight that sort of seems obvious doesn't it?
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Merwanor
01.12.2014 , 02:31 PM | #6
I wish I could make all my companions shut up in combat. Especially healers as they talk and talk and talk constantly. The best part about Treek is that she is overpowered on low levels. I could solo The Black Talon and all heroic 2+ quests on Dromund Kaas with no problems on my BH.
The Dark Side of the Force is the pathway to many abilities some consider to be… Unnatural.

Pscyon
01.12.2014 , 02:54 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
You got yourself an Ewok for a Companion and you regret it.
In hindsight that sort of seems obvious doesn't it?
Many a time have I considered suggesting Khem be turned into an ewok. He so does love walking in front of the cursor when you try to right-click ANYTHING and you have to hear "rarrrararaaa, Yn and Chabosh. YN AND CHABOSH!" for the millionth billionth time. It's so annoying that I actually didn't use a companion until I picked up the second one. If he was a small ewok I can't imagine he'd eat up all the screen all the time.
Sith Sorcerer

Reno_Tarshil
01.12.2014 , 02:59 PM | #8
I still to this day have yet to purchase Treek even at the insistence of my guildies.

I like my games to still have a challenge to them..
The Ragestar Legacy
[Living Legend]
Quote:
Oooh look a butterfly.
http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuffs

Andryah
01.12.2014 , 03:01 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
I actually love that. She's so horribly psycho it makes me laugh. I do understand that if you don't then it can get really annoying I suppose but I just think she's hilarious. Oh well...
I have to say... she does grow on you after a while. But until then... omg.. she'll drive you crazy with the chatter.

But hey.. where else are you going to get a furball tank that charges it's target on a hang-glider.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

Reno_Tarshil
01.12.2014 , 03:07 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
I have to say... she does grow on you after a while. But until then... omg.. she'll drive you crazy with the chatter.

But hey.. where else are you going to get a furball tank that charges it's target on a hang-glider.
I only need 1 midget tank. Blizz is superior to Treek.
The Ragestar Legacy
[Living Legend]
Quote:
Oooh look a butterfly.
http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuffs