Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guide: Crew Skills

LanaSangien
02.05.2013 , 09:23 AM | #481
Quote: Originally Posted by Craftamancer View Post
They definitely can. I've had all of my companions crit on missions and crafting. I don't have a companion with +crit for cybertech, and yet I still routinely receive earpieces with augment slots.

However, at this point in time, not all crafted items can crit. Mods and Armoring, for example, fall into that category.
That's not exactly true. Crafted items can crit one of two ways: augment slot or extra output. Crystals (from artificers), stims, medpacs, enhancements, and mods are all in the second category - companions have a chance to create an extra one. This was the case when your post was made, as well.
If I'm not mistaken, crit chance is affected by affection, regardless of whether or not that particular companion has crit chance listed as one of his/her abilities.

Goshee, thanks for making this guide, if I haven't said it already. It's been up on my toolbar for quick reference for nearly a year now, and I consult it for companion gifts and crew skills fairly frequently.
Proud to serve? Go to militarygamers.com and join our close-knit community. We support dozens of games on PC, PS3, and XBox360.

AnrDaemon
09.21.2013 , 04:16 PM | #482
Thank you very much for your guide.

VIZIOO
09.22.2013 , 11:10 PM | #483
Guide is useless when it comes to crafting gear for the end game and advance schematics..

RexxarLoh
01.12.2014 , 04:17 AM | #484
This is an awesome guide. (thumb up). Oh, i would like to know if there is any guide on wat are the schematics that we can learn at specific crew skill level?

dwanius
01.10.2015 , 11:20 AM | #485
DarthTexas: Can you give some insight to the numbers behind crafting? What is the baseline crit chance for crafting? How does companion affection affect crit chance? Exactly how much of a boost is +1 or +5 critical chance in crafting? Having the Reverse Engineer % chance is a nice step in removing some of the unknowns in crafting; now we just need the numbers on the creation side to be less ambiguous.

Patrick Malott (Systems Designer): The baseline crit chance for crafting is dependent on the difficulty of the crafting action relative to your current crafting skill level. The difficulty is color coded in the crafting GUI.

Orange Difficulty: 10%

Yellow, Green, and Gray Difficulty: 15%

Companion Affection scales Crew Skill chance up to +5% at maximum affection.

A Companion Trait critical chance bonus of +1 or +5 is a percentage. Example: The Imperial Agent companion character Kaliyo grants a +2 bonus to Underworld Trading Critical. This is +2% bonus.

Using Kaliyo at maximum affection as an example, if she ran a green difficulty Underworld Trading mission for you, she would have a 22% chance to score a mission critical success.

From: http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-april-27th-2012

Sotmax
01.20.2015 , 06:06 AM | #486
Just saw it.
That's a big and very useful post/guide.
Thank you for your efforts.