If new Class Story is so costly, why can't they just sell it in the cartel market?

ZionHalcyon

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a sense but not quite. Would you be happy paying for an expansion like Makeb again? That had zero class stories. What if the devs decided to go back and add, again over the course of a year, class stories to Makeb? All the assets are there, they just create a questline for one of the professions and then sell it?

No I would not be happy, in fact It would probably be enough for me to finally quit this game for good. I pay 15 bucks a month for this game, $15 to not have to worry about whether I have to pay even more money to enjoy this game.

Imo bioware has already stepped over the line and screwed subs by charging them to transfer ship req in gsf, if they start charging subs for story content too it will be the final straw and the choice to go play one of the new games that haven't failed and adopted a f2p model will be an easy one.

No I would not be happy, in fact It would probably be enough for me to finally quit this game for good. I pay 15 bucks a month for this game, $15 to not have to worry about whether I have to pay even more money to enjoy this game.

Imo bioware has already stepped over the line and screwed subs by charging them to transfer ship req in gsf, if they start charging subs for story content too it will be the final straw and the choice to go play one of the new games that haven't failed and adopted a f2p model will be an easy one.

They already charge subs for story. Did you get here late? When Makeb was released, we had to pay for it. We didn't get it for free until later.

Yep, precisely. And it would give context to some stories as well. For instance, no way in heck should a Sith Warrior should be taking orders from Darth Marr - not in the context of the story. He answers to a "higher power". However, if there was a class story attached, where the Hands told you Marr was coming and had an assignment on Makeb for you to complete while there, AND make it look like you are getting along with Marr per orders... suddenly the whole thing takes on a new context.

Personally, I think they can always use Makeb as an experiment with the idea first. Its already there - why not add some class stories there? Would make a good testing ground to evaluate risk and check sales - its short enough too so any quest chains wouldn't be too lengthy.

It is too late for Makeb to be fixed, that ship has sailed already. Your idea could work for another planet though although it would be a bit of a pain for them as they would have to finally get round to acknowledging all of the possible endings for the various classes. Yes most of them only have 1 real ending but Agent has several, some of which got totally ignored in the opening cut-scene for RotHC.

Once.... just once... they released some little story snippets in a box in the CPs. If you unlocked and did the terminal misisons from each of those.. you got 30 seconds of unrelated to the class story and a unique set of adaptive armor for doing all six.

AND THE FORUM ERUPTED IN OUTRAGE THAT THEY PUT STORY (NO MATTER HOW SMALL) IN THE CM.

So Eric posted that they would never do that again. Players got their wish.

/Thread

you know to be fair...alot of the rage wasnt just that they put story content on the CM, but they put it in cartel packs. i brought RoTHC and had no issue dumping money for it. i did ,however, didnt like that BW put story related content in gamble packs. besides, class stories and the lore datacube are two different things, but nice try on passing the majority of the blame on the players.

Edited by astrobearx