Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Rhyn's Avatar


Rhyn
01.10.2014 , 08:37 AM | #6891
The thing killing pug WZ is the same as it has been and that is pugs. Things you see daily with pugs:

1 [B]not focusing targets[/B],
When I enter as melee or range I find another ranged dps and set my focus to him. They hit hard and usually focus the healers or range classes and not let them free cast.

2 Not using your mini map or your ability to count.
Void star and Denova I notice this a lot. you get a big fight south 1 person guarding west/east. Your team is killing the bad guys but nobody breaks off to the other node. next thing your have 7 vs 2 on south and you side node is being taken. Then you see people saying "way to call out idiot". If people would not focus on trying to have the highest DPS in the match and paid attention he wouldn't have to call out. I am constantly counting my numbers enemy numbers and watching mini map. If people did that defending would be quicker and easier.

3 People constantly leave nodes unguarded Simple you take it you defend it don't be an @$#

4 The Hero
They guy who thinks he is good raging at everyone in chat for 3/4 of the fight. These people dam near always have crap damage and are just a liability in the WZ.

5 Friends
Don't have to be guild mates but get one. I bet if you get just one and you work as a team WZ will get a touch easier.

I know you all see more I'm sure but the bottom line is pugs are the problem with pugs.
R'yn

<REGULATORS>

MotorCityMan's Avatar


MotorCityMan
01.10.2014 , 10:18 AM | #6892
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhyn View Post
,,,,,,,,work as a team WZ will get a touch easier.....
Just a few of the reasons why premades ROFL faceroll pugs. Another good argument why premades should be matched with one another and pugs should just be facing other pugs.

cycao's Avatar


cycao
01.10.2014 , 10:26 AM | #6893
Quote: Originally Posted by MotorCityMan View Post
Just a few of the reasons why premades ROFL faceroll pugs. Another good argument why premades should be matched with one another and pugs should just be facing other pugs.
So you agree that the majority of the pugs mindlessly fight in warzones and are incapable of the simplest things like situational awareness, finding priority targets, calling out objectives like incomings or who to attack.

Id be fine with whatever they do. I have actually been logging in this week and doing nothing but pugs. The two times I faced a premade was last night where there was one on voidstar that we won on kills after no one got the first door and one which we got stomped in a huttball as it was a full pug vs two premades. The last one didn't bother me at all, no one was grabbing the ball and everyone was more focused on fighting away from the ball or filling the ball carriers resolve before they got to the first fire traps.

MotorCityMan's Avatar


MotorCityMan
01.10.2014 , 10:54 AM | #6894
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
So you agree that the majority of the pugs mindlessly fight in warzones and are incapable of the simplest things like situational awareness, finding priority targets, calling out objectives like incomings or who to attack.
Nope, don't agree.

cycao's Avatar


cycao
01.10.2014 , 10:56 AM | #6895
Quote: Originally Posted by MotorCityMan View Post
Nope, don't agree.
So what is the issue then? I mean yeah I get that there can be quite a skill gap with premades and with pugs but if they are capable of doing all these things than what is the issue outside of not having VoIP?

MotorCityMan's Avatar


MotorCityMan
01.10.2014 , 10:59 AM | #6896
The issue is lack of any sort of matchmaking so that organized teams can be pitted against pick up groups, which is the topic of this thread.

cycao's Avatar


cycao
01.10.2014 , 11:03 AM | #6897
Quote: Originally Posted by MotorCityMan View Post
The issue is lack of any sort of matchmaking so that organized teams can be pitted against pick up groups, which is the topic of this thread.
But if pugs as you say are capable of situational awareness, marking targets, calling out targets, playing objectives and so on and so on then they should be able to go toe to toe with your average premades because your basic premade is just that, average.

cycao's Avatar


cycao
01.10.2014 , 11:08 AM | #6898
I'm just spit balling here because I don't think queues can be successful if they split them up as server populations couldn't support any more queues without any cross server support.

MotorCityMan's Avatar


MotorCityMan
01.10.2014 , 11:10 AM | #6899
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
But if pugs as you say are capable of situational awareness, marking targets, calling out targets, playing objectives and so on and so on then they should be able to go toe to toe with your average premades because your basic premade is just that, average.

I didn't say that either. You are characterizing pugs as either this or that and then putting words into my mouth as though I said it and then arguing with yourself.

cycao's Avatar


cycao
01.10.2014 , 11:19 AM | #6900
Quote: Originally Posted by MotorCityMan View Post
I didn't say that either. You are characterizing pugs as either this or that and then putting words into my mouth as though I said it and then arguing with yourself.
Well you simply said you didn't agree that pugs are fight mindlessly and are incapable of the simplest of tasks in warzones.

Since you really didn't give any real rebuttal or anything to back why you disagreed I could only assume that you thought that they all were capable of that since if you disagree with something than your opinion on any matter must reflect the opposite of what was stated in an argument.