The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

ya i have seen that, but have you seen a sage pulling one from their fall of death? :p

that was a chance pull by me. but it was hilarious. he jumped on a droid which was pushed by shadow in FE fp. and i was trying to pull him as he may have aggroed the 5 red robed warriors near stairs. so he got pulled by me when jumped on falling droid.:D

RUBBER BAND! "Hey, what's with all this LAAAAGGGG??? I'm bouncing all over the place!"

Hehehe

Running Czerka HMs for the weekly comms, Group Finder ended up dropping a pair of Pyro-merc DPS on me. IIRC, we were running Core Meltdown and both insisted on a) getting into mobs' faces and using rocket punch/flamethrower for _some_ arcane reason. b)tunnel visioned on bosses/golds and ignored everything else. c)were hopeless about actually dragging the enduring AOE circle _away_ to where you wouldn't risk running into it. Sometimes kept standing in it.

Incidentally, has anyone else noticed the reduced numbers of queuing Marauders? It's been a longish while since I've seen a pair and a few days since I saw as much as one, and instead got nearly consistent snipers/sorcs. Is it just nature's RNG messing with me, or did someone change the FotM while I wasn't looking?

Well, i am seeing too many trooper/smuggler classes after that double xp week. lots of them. maybe same thing going on at imp side? like all alts started popping? :p though no idea which server you are talking of.

A fun one....

I was on my lead crafter posting things on the GTN, when out of the blue I received a group join request from a name I had not seen before. I accepted thinking it might be a guildie alt I didn't recogize. Nope, not in the roster. As I was checking, I received a group tell, "please mister, we need a hand". Still in the trader mindset, I responded "with gear, credits, meds?" The reply was slow and fragmented...."we are in a flashpoint and the boss is killing us".

Being the sort who loves saving damselles in distress, I offered to switch to my DPS main. They were OK with it "just hurry". Do the swap, dash to the entrance, and then I noticed they were in Hammer Station, but story mode, and they were levels 17 and 18. I am level 55 in 78s and 72s. I note that I don't have any toons in their range and that the exp will suffer as a result. Reply is "Hurry". Two of the three folks who invited me have tired of dieing and quit, so I (as a type 3 body style male mando complete with BFG) am facing the large mining droid boss with an appropriately Type 1 sized female level 18 jedi. I am about to start typing how the fight works, thinking about the need to cleanse in the only version I have done before (HM), when I note she is about to launch. OK, full attack on boss takes it down in 3 shots, my new jedi friend hasn't even had time to move. "Wow". hehe, Ta-Da. We continue on with nice orange items falling off the bosses, and me passing on the loot (There you go ma'm). When we complete and turn-in she gets the fanfaire of a level boost and I just wish I had a silver bullet to give her.

Many thanks received as I ride off into the sunset (well actually it was the elevator on Fleet, but hey, I am telling the story here). Much fun was had.

Running Czerka HMs for the weekly comms, Group Finder ended up dropping a pair of Pyro-merc DPS on me. IIRC, we were running Core Meltdown and both insisted on a) getting into mobs' faces and using rocket punch/flamethrower for _some_ arcane reason. b)tunnel visioned on bosses/golds and ignored everything else. c)were hopeless about actually dragging the enduring AOE circle _away_ to where you wouldn't risk running into it. Sometimes kept standing in it.

Incidentally, has anyone else noticed the reduced numbers of queuing Marauders? It's been a longish while since I've seen a pair and a few days since I saw as much as one, and instead got nearly consistent snipers/sorcs. Is it just nature's RNG messing with me, or did someone change the FotM while I wasn't looking?

The bads --many of whom were/are typically Mara/Sent-- perceive (completely wrongly, but that goes without saying) Snipingers as being OP easy-mode because they can't leap-smash-instagib them, so a lot of them have re-rolled same for this reason, further incentivised to do so by the last Double XP Weekend, which was actually closer to a whole week.

Proof:

1) The sheer number of complete idiots playing these classes in my PuGs just keeps going up, up, up. This makes me haz a sad, to see a thinker's/strategist's class so sorely and crassly mis-used :(

2) All the QQ threads in the last few months begging for nerf to Snipingers, sometimes explicitly saying so because they can't kill them easily. Usually from Smash-Sent/Mara's. (With all the incoherent shouting and language/grammar-butchery those types usually bring to the table.)

It seems that a lot of idiots are re-rolling to R/DPS in general of late.

This, again, makes me haz a sad, but it also makes me feel validated in a way:

The Merc in particular is not a class tailor-made for these idiots, so I'm hoping that all the bads playing them will find it too hard and drop them in due course, and go back to their make-little-Timmy-feel-good-about-himself glowy phallus-surrogate-wielders.

E:

Waiting for a queue-pop at present: might have a funny story soon-ish, depending on what happens.

E2:

Strangely enough, the relative few Mara/Sents I've grouped with recently, have often been a cut above --had one just last night (Gotta say, I absolutely love group-wide Predation during a boss-fight! Now that's a proper speed-boost!). Let's hope this is the beginning of a trend.

Edited by midianlord

I did have a really positive GF as opposed to the terribad experiences for a change of pace., It was the HM Czerka first one whatever it's called, i forget. I was the Guardian tank in all 78 HM set pieces optimised (except for the two implants since all i fracking get is belts) a guildie healer and 2 GF dps. The one Sentinel was 22k hp (i looked and was like oh dang but my healer and i was like meh we should be fine) with some blue pieces and i dunno what the dps sage was in. But we were running it and the Sent said in group "Oh **** I didn't even realise this was HM until we were halfway through"

The point of this I guess is we downed all the bosses easily and the sage even commented that the commander (second boss with that red missle of doom) went down like a B*****"

And the sentinel when we said he needed to get that gear up was quite pleasant and said "Yup I'm working on it"

:D

LOL

In a lower fp when I was tanking there was an assassin in his tank stance (dunno what's it called) with guard on the healer and strength on his gear. I asked him if he knew that I was actually tanking. He knew. I asked him, why he had guard on the healer. He said so that he would get less damage, to protect him. I guess.. the thought counts? And at first I thought he knew what he was doing because he had the founder title and a CM armor. I explained to him very friendly that he should switch out of his guard form, that the healer does not need guard and that he does not need strength. It was interesting, either way.

the weirdest thing i have seen is players that chose Shadow Assassins trying to tank with a single lightsaber.

thankfully someone always seconded the vote to kick them.

Queued for a 50 HM on a fresh 50 Scoundrel. Got a 55 Guardian tank in basic comm gear. Whatever, it will still be easy. Also got a 55 DPS Guardian and 55 DPS Shadow from the same guild - both were in full 78s.

The proceeded to only attack the boss during boss battles, fight normal mobs from hardest to easiest, on the fight where you need to keep the droids from repairing the big machines they ignored it and I had to do it, then in the final boss when the claw came after them they stood there attacking the big guardian droid thing instead of moving away. They both got killed, and then I got killed and we wiped.

So I whispered the tank and we kicked the two of them, then requeued, got two new DPS (a sage and a gunslinger) and beat the last boss in like 2 seconds.

The Shadow and Guardian whispered about how I was a noob for letting them die and the worst healer ever, and that they ignored me so they'd never be forced to group with me again.

the weirdest thing i have seen is players that chose Shadow Assassins trying to tank with a single lightsaber.

thankfully someone always seconded the vote to kick them.

Having a single saber only reduces the primairy damage from your hilt. It isnt optimal to use but it wont affect mitigating damage.

Small example about how you can have stuff like this by accident. My sniper had a blasterrifle equipped. I dont onow why, it must have been a lootdrop or something since i was well aware that i need sniperrifles.

Thankfully i got whispered at fleet by a random stranger who alerted me.

Had a Kaon HM pug run yesterday on my Assassin tank. It wasn't so bad, we only wiped once, but four things were quite funny and/or annoying:

1.) Even after several times of getting hit by the Bloating Plaguebearers' explosions, they still didn't try to evade it.

2.) Though I gave them plenty of time to regenerate after the harder battles the Sorc DPS never used his out-of-combat regeneration ability. Even after having died. He'd rather let the healer heal him or use his own healing abilities.

3.) Before the final battle I marked the bosses and explained the kill order. Still, the Marauder attacked the main boss after the first of the two weaker ones had been downed.

4.) You would think at level 50+, at least one out of three would know how to use interrupts, but sadly that's just wishful thinking. I was the only one interrupting the Infected Mercenaries and their annoying contracting ability (or whatever it's called).

Having a single saber only reduces the primairy damage from your hilt. It isnt optimal to use but it wont affect mitigating damage.

Combat Technique/Dark Charge requires the use of a DBLS or Electrostaff. While you could go to Combat Technique with a DBLS, then swap to a single-bladed saber, then you still can't use Force Breach/Discharge or Whirling Blow/Lacerate so you will be relying solely on Slow Time/Wither for aggro on anything except your primary target. While this may be fine if you have a group of friends that can compensate for the limitations, inflicting that sort of gimping on a group finder group should be grounds for a vote kick.

How about a tank that says "I'm not good enough" and leaves *in the middle of a boss fight*? Happened to me in Cademimu HM, with the droid and Officer Xander. Luckily the healer knew her stuff and kept me (inexperienced sentinel) and gunslinger on our feet while we finished the droid and then killed Xander. Tank comes back, nobody says anything and we proceed as nothing happened. Then while simply moving toward the next fight I managed to fall off one of those platforms, all by myself :p

Combat Technique/Dark Charge requires the use of a DBLS or Electrostaff. While you could go to Combat Technique with a DBLS, then swap to a single-bladed saber, then you still can't use Force Breach/Discharge or Whirling Blow/Lacerate so you will be relying solely on Slow Time/Wither for aggro on anything except your primary target. While this may be fine if you have a group of friends that can compensate for the limitations, inflicting that sort of gimping on a group finder group should be grounds for a vote kick.

There's also the fact that some of those techniques that reduce the cooldowns to reproc Harnessed Darkness required a double-bladed saber as well. Showing up as a Sin with a single saber will get you the boot, same as if a Mara shows up with a single blade. Luckily I've never had either of these occur, as half the reason those classes get rolled is just for the sabers =p

Once i was that wierdo.

Qued up for random HM FP as the sorc healer I am. Got in with a Merc dps, a sniper dps and a tank that i think was a Powertech, but I cant remember exactly.

From the beggining I mixed up the icons for class (that is at the portrait) and thought dps merc was tank and vice versa. Dunno why. Maybe because it was a FP i hadnt done in a while and was stressed or something. Anyway i kept healing the dps and wondered why the hell he didnt run first and pull and aggro things. So I started chatting about it. The others where "huh?" But i was so strangely certain of what I said so i kept on trying to get the dps merc to tank and the tank to stay out of trouble since i had to rez him.

They were like "w.t.f? Are u stoopid" but i kept chatting away and then i looked at the icons and.... Ooooooooh....

I left the FP out of shame. Probably got ignored by them all...

:rak_09::sul_embarrassed:

So, slightly Off and slightly on topic, since the majority of complaints from me will be DPS that that pull...

Those if you that tank will love this video by SilverLetomi. She's a WoW player, but the song applies to all MMOs that have the "holy trinity" of Tank, DPS, Healer..

ROFL :) watching this in a public place and trying not to look like a crazy person didn't work :D:D:D

Once i was that wierdo.

Qued up for random HM FP as the sorc healer I am. Got in with a Merc dps, a sniper dps and a tank that i think was a Powertech, but I cant remember exactly.

From the beggining I mixed up the icons for class (that is at the portrait) and thought dps merc was tank and vice versa. Dunno why. Maybe because it was a FP i hadnt done in a while and was stressed or something. Anyway i kept healing the dps and wondered why the hell he didnt run first and pull and aggro things. So I started chatting about it. The others where "huh?" But i was so strangely certain of what I said so i kept on trying to get the dps merc to tank and the tank to stay out of trouble since i had to rez him.

They were like "w.t.f? Are u stoopid" but i kept chatting away and then i looked at the icons and.... Ooooooooh....

I left the FP out of shame. Probably got ignored by them all...

:rak_09::sul_embarrassed:

Damager-Mercs can actually tank amazingly well.

For about 10 seconds.

/Sigh...

If someone who clearly knows the fight tells you to be extra-careful of AoE during the Matrix Varad fight in Mandalorian Raiders [HARD] when focussing down the turrets at the four corners, then...it's probably a good idea to bloody well listen to 'em?

Whilst it is possible to AoE during that phase --just move the reticle onto your primary but well away from Varad--tagging the boss too often in that part of the fight --and it doesn't take much-- will enrage the turrets, and then they'll just alpha everyone, every time, guaranteed.

What is definitely not a good idea is to keep spamming Lightning Storm, with the boss right in it, leading into wipe, after wipe, after wipe!

No, PuG-tank, we weren't wiping because "are DPS is a bit lite." (<--- Can someone explain to me just how a simple present-tense verb and the un-related subject noun of a sentence are supposed to go together like that?)

Mostly 72s + a couple remaining 69s, almost all Power/Surge --I know, I need more Accuracy-- with 25+ per cent Crit-chance and 31k HP are more than enough for that instance.

15k-creds repair-bill later, I got a Czerka Corporate Labs [HARD], that went smooth as silk...well, for me, the other DPS --Assassin-- kept getting urp'ed, so I guess it must have sucked to be that poor sod on that run :(

E:

Got my 72 gloves on my PyroMerc after that! Just need pants, then start augmenting and optimising mods (a process I don't relish, by the way --that ****'s expensive, even if you can craft your own augments :() and he will be good to freakin' go!

Edited by midianlord

I queued one time (level 50 flashpoint). Our tank was a vanguard, and I was suspicious when I saw his level 42-43 gear. After dying a ton, I started watching what the guy was doing. He never taunted once, and kept using his first ability. (Sorry I don't know what it is called it the trooper). I asked him to please start taunting, and he asked what a taunt was. That was the first thing he said, and I already knew that it was going to be rough. I explained the taunting to him and then he started taunting. Even after this, I noticed he was not using his speed boost thin in the tank tree. (Don't know what that is called either). I asked him what tree he was in and he was clueless. Yet again, I explained something to him and that's wen he decided to say that he was in all of the trees 0_o. So we had a tank who at the start- 1: didn't know how to taunt 2: had extremely bad gear for his level 3: wasn't in the tank tree. We did struggle through the FP though ;). At the end he gave me some black hole stuff so we were all good :)

So, slightly Off and slightly on topic, since the majority of complaints from me will be DPS that that pull...

Those if you that tank will love this video by SilverLetomi. She's a WoW player, but the song applies to all MMOs that have the "holy trinity" of Tank, DPS, Healer..

lol. nice video.

50 HM Lost Island. 27k guardian tank(dps in disguise), 2 sents 34k 26k and me sage 31k.

i thought it should be breeze with this group and went to LI only to find tank in shei form(cant remember spelling one with speed boost)

then i thought oh well. this should still may go fine as we are all over geared and all 55's. oh, was i ever wrong?

asked everyone knows this fp? both dps dont know and they want it for vehicle. they both said team always abandoned at droid fight or before it. i decided i'll finish this for their sake then. tank didnt say anything. i explained everything and we almost were fine only tank was losing too much health. but i kept him up on first boss after the bridge. then comes the droid, explained interrupts lava circle adds everything. 3 wipes. tank never taunts or kites it. i am pulling one with rescue to safer end whoever has aggro at that time and healing and avoid and running. it was hell lol. 3rd attempt i survived literraly 2 mins after all 3 died. ya i know sage healer cant tank and dps a boss.

so 4th round all 3 died again. as they were either running into electric. i know they are all 3 mdps. so its harder on them. but if they dont avoid it. i cant heal all damage fast enough. but i revived a dps and we took him down as she used to run better than others i observed. so next fight. where that animal comes out of cage. no one dies here right? nope. tank died with 2 shot.

the fight where you need to get under feet came. explained everything. on we went. guess what? tank was away from feet. and i asked everyone to jump off. cant do it with 3. then second time. asked him again to keep boss in mid. was keeping him at end. then i saw the boss never came in from pole wondered who is not clicking console? tank!! he is standing there and doing nothing. went and clicked console and ya. no heals. i died and we wiped. asked him to hit console. he says " console isnt clickable" while it was fine for all of us and for him a moment ago.

next bonus boss. told them not to run to each other and to taunt him when he finishes throw. nope. tank doesnt taunt at all. oh ya, he didnt guard anyone.and his form was not in tank stance at all anyway. and the boss came to me or other dps always. we wiped 3 times (total wipe 8 already)

popped repair droid. 30k bill. and tried again. and again me and a dps took him down. final boss. explained and showed spots where to go what to do. nope. all stood there doing nothing after boss went and we need to attack chambers. finally asked tank will he change stance or not. he says he is not tank and dont know why he got queued like that. we explain queue options. and i say, sorry guys. cant do without a tank.

tank says "i can respec then" i am like, " if you have field respec, then you are that DPS who thinks " huh 50 HM. i can tank it with dps tree and gear and stance" then i quit and pmed 2 other dps if they get a tank i can come and heal for them.

i have done it as 50 level with all 61's and 10 wipes at 55 where all are 55's is just ridiculous..

E: from first mob to last boss. i had to run ahead first otherwise tank never moved. and tank literally took 2 mins before pulling any mob. no guard, tank stance, taunts, intrerupts/cc

Edited by Deadlynits

After Lost Island came out and before they nerfed it repeatedly, 2 guildies and I picked up a random fourth to go do HM LI. The fourth was a mercenary wearing exclusively tanking gear and who only used Rocket Punch, Rapid Shots, and Flamethrower for the entire flashpoint while in Combat Support Cylinder (no, he never threw a heal out). We basically three-manned the FP and got to the final boss when my guildie (who normally was a DPS merc but specced to heal this one) asked in group chat very politely "Hey could you please tell us what your rotation is because we can't figure out what you're doing and this boss is somewhat of a DPS check."

The response back: "Rotation? What does my camera position have to do with fighting the boss?" Needless to say, we three-manned the final fight as well.

A couple months ago I was doing HM Mando Raiders and had a sniper and an operative who were both from the same guild who refused to use orbital strike at all, ever regardless of how many mobs were grouped together. When asked why, they responded with "We don't want to waste the GCD on it."

Before TFB and ROTHC came out, I was one of the tanks in an HM Denova with my guild and we had lost one person at Stormcaller and Firebrand person so we picked up a pug DPS who was geared for it and swore up and down that he'd done Denova before and knew all the fights. Fight starts, I jump up on Stormcaller, everyone's doing their thing properly, Double Destruction happens, I turn the turret to pass it to the DPS and this guy literally runs away from me when he sees the turret coming his way. I get blasted with DD and die, wipe. We explain to the DPS how the fight is supposed to work, he says he understands, has no questions, and has done it before so we start again, thinking maybe he was usually on Firebrand with his guild or something and was unaware of the Double Destruction mechanic.

We jump up on the tanks again, it's all going well, Double Destruction again, I turn the turret and this idiot runs away from me again. I die again, we wipe, and this guy (he was a sorc if I remember correctly) angrily writes in chat "*** tank stop trying to kill me with the turret, you're causing us to wipe!"

On a more ranty note, I could fill a book with stories from PUG operations I've run (almost always on my tank because I am apparently a glutton for punishment) about players who swear up and down they know the fights/mechanics to a given Operation and then proceed to do nothing right for the entire battle. Even worse is when someone does speak up when asked "Does everyone know this fight?", has it explained to them in detail, is asked after the explanation if they have any questions, and they still do it wrong. Or when I explain the fight to someone who doesn't know it and then someone else who didn't speak up goes and fails. What is so hard about admitting you are inexperienced? You're not saving yourself any time by bumbling around causing wipes and forcing restarts.

whoops, sry. Forgot about that, my bad.

On a more ranty note, I could fill a book with stories from PUG operations I've run (almost always on my tank because I am apparently a glutton for punishment) about players who swear up and down they know the fights/mechanics to a given Operation and then proceed to do nothing right for the entire battle.

I did a DF SM PUG recently, the ops leader was very under-geared and it became apparent on the first group of adds that he didn't know what he was doing. He was asked if he had done the op before and he said of course he had, he'd done it heaps. Achievements told another story, but as he swore blind he'd done it, no-one explained the fights before we went in. So his many deaths were easy to predict. He didn't run away from the exploding droids on Nefra, died. Nor did he keep his distance from the exploding droids in the corridors, died every time. He was targeted by a mining droid on Grob’Thok and just stood perfectly still in the lava until he died. So of course we knew what would happen with Corruptor Zero - instead of hiding from the lasers he stayed in the middle of the corridor, wailing on the boss. When asked if he knew about the lasers, he said "Yeah yeah I know, I was just trying to get a few hits on the boss before I got out of the way."

A recent DP SM PUG was a complete mess right from the start, lots of people standing in circles, ignoring the larva. People were asked a couple of times if they had done the op or needed anything explained. Resounding silence. After the third wipe, I started checking achievements and saw that at least 4 of them had no achievements for DP.

I went into a HM Czerka Corp Labs and, as some of you may know, even with a good group the first fight can be a little hard, but not really hard. I was on my sorc healer Leiptr and, of course all three others are melee dps. I ask them if anyone needs the fight explained, they say no, we jump in. All is going well until the droid electrifies the water. The dps stay there and I used force pull to get the tank out cuz it was obvious he wasn't going to leave. Then, during the fight, the tank yells at me not to pull him out or move him in any way because it screws up his rotation.

Now both dps have low health due to the electric water and tank is too busy ranting to repull agro. Then the adds pop up and start running around and attacking me, so I pop force barrier cuz they hit hard. Then once they attack dps and kill one cuz of his low health, tank yells at me "why didn't you kill the adds." "im the healer, and I was healing through the electric water and adds which no one seems to care about."

They ask me about the water and I realize they didn't know about the water. I explained, they said they understood, we tried it again. No one moved, couldn't heal all at once and a dps died, then the adds attacked me (force barrier) focus on tank he starts ranting again about why I didn't kill them so I stopped healing till everyone died and left the group.

I wonder if all these stories are about the same bad people reqeueing for GF or there are just a lot of bad players.

Lol, you mean you guys haven't heard of the GF Troll Projekt? Apparently there is a small group of people that have a private contest going on...they use GF and then see if they can get themselves mentioned in this thread. Apparently there is some sort of prize for whomever gets 25 "points" first...see this thread for details: