Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Don't worry Bioware..I got this!! Things SWTOR WILL see in 2014!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Don't worry Bioware..I got this!! Things SWTOR WILL see in 2014!!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

redsovereign
01.09.2014 , 08:12 AM | #11
Voss player race

urghh...

You know we could actually instead get a cool race like Nautolan or Togruta. Yes I know that the OP is bs:ing but I really do hope we don't get Voss. They are super laaaaaaaaaame
I'll make this completely clear, rookie--when you're in the field, what I say goes. Period!

CommanderKeeva
01.09.2014 , 08:17 AM | #12
Actually Yavin was datamined by someone on reddit (along with Ziost and Bothawui), so there might be some merit to that claim. But the pictures show asset names for specific classes, so I wouldn't be so sure that class stories will not continue. And I'm curious where you got the part with the epic weapon and the ancient tome on Tatooine.

http://dd.reddit.com/r/swtor/comment...w_class_story/

And as for Flashpoints, the Imperial Warlord Flashpoint still has not been implemented yet. Given the fact that almost everything TORhead datamined was implemeted at some point (Lost Island, Terror From Beyond, Scum and Villainy, Titans of Industry....it's a safe bet that Imperial Warlord is coming as well at some point.

http://www.torhead.com/guide/leak-1.5

Also, another Flashpoint, Kuat Drive Yards was confirmed by the developers, it is supposed to be role neutral and scheduled to launch in February. Patch 2.6 or 2.7 perhaps?

http://dulfy.net/2013/11/14/swtor-ea...e-asset-files/

The developers really hinted at new Huttball maps a while back but they also promised cross-server queues and look what happened to those. Also it's a logical conjucture that they won't leave GSF in its current embrionic state.
But what the future brings, we do not know for it is always in motion.
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?

Elfa
01.09.2014 , 08:19 AM | #14
Is this all you could conjure Saruman?

sidenote*
People that are in here thinking this is real have magic legs.
I'd like to sit down with the guy responsible for having Busta Rhymes fight Michael Myers in HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION. Then, before he could speak, I would slap him so hard his face would explode and his dog would die." - Jim Law

DimmuJanKaarl
01.09.2014 , 08:32 AM | #15
k not to get too much into this never-ending and very tired debate about legacy datacrons but wth would anyone want to bother with datacrons after getting them once? you got your lore master achievement now move on. what you want: is do work once get free stats in my alts. if they were going to do that I could think of a lot better places I'd like to only have to work once for. "i already RAN this accursed op once! just make these unassembled uw drops legacy wide and reusable!" anyway, they do that already in other ways, like getting max affection on companions. I am filed to the brim with presence and my companions have like a million bonus dmg/heals. also, the total stat bonus on all datacrons adds up to two things: jack and ****; and Jack left town. with not an enormous amount of effort I'm sitting at 1585 bonus damage on my main sentinel and with a very proc-heavy rotation my dps will go up by what? 3dps? forest and trees my friend. tell ya what you can have your datacrons and I'll take a free obroan relic that I had to grind wz's til my eyes bled to get.
**Von-Gorgoroth Legacy** [[Jedi Covenant]] LIVING LEGEND
||MASTER CRAFTSMAN|| //Founder// :: -LEGENDARY-
Main: Dimmu'jan-kaarl 65 Watchman Sentinel

Merwanor
01.09.2014 , 08:38 AM | #16
And what I would like to see is everything OP mentioned would not be comming... Though a new planet and a new race would be nice, but I would much rather have Togruta. GSF is a big disappointment, I wanted PvE space combat, not boring unbalanced PvP crap.

This is of course not official, so I don't believe that this is how updates will be in the future, but I hope it will not be like this.
The Dark Side of the Force is the pathway to many abilities some consider to be… Unnatural.

Elfa
01.09.2014 , 08:38 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by DimmuJanKaarl View Post
k not to get too much into this never-ending and very tired debate about legacy datacrons but wth would anyone want to bother with datacrons after getting them once? you got your lore master achievement now move on. what you want: is do work once get free stats in my alts. if they were going to do that I could think of a lot better places I'd like to only have to work once for. "i already RAN this accursed op once! just make these unassembled uw drops legacy wide and reusable!" anyway, they do that already in other ways, like getting max affection on companions. I am filed to the brim with presence and my companions have like a million bonus dmg/heals. also, the total stat bonus on all datacrons adds up to two things: jack and ****; and Jack left town. with not an enormous amount of effort I'm sitting at 1585 bonus damage on my main sentinel and with a very proc-heavy rotation my dps will go up by what? 3dps? forest and trees my friend. tell ya what you can have your datacrons and I'll take a free obroan relic that I had to grind wz's til my eyes bled to get.
If you speak of Legacy Datacrons, HE will come...
I'd like to sit down with the guy responsible for having Busta Rhymes fight Michael Myers in HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION. Then, before he could speak, I would slap him so hard his face would explode and his dog would die." - Jim Law

ZionHalcyon
01.09.2014 , 08:41 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by CommanderKeeva View Post
Actually Yavin was datamined by someone on reddit (along with Ziost and Bothawui), so there might be some merit to that claim. But the pictures show asset names for specific classes, so I wouldn't be so sure that class stories will not continue. And I'm curious where you got the part with the epic weapon and the ancient tome on Tatooine.

http://dd.reddit.com/r/swtor/comment...w_class_story/

And as for Flashpoints, the Imperial Warlord Flashpoint still has not been implemented yet. Given the fact that almost everything TORhead datamined was implemeted at some point (Lost Island, Terror From Beyond, Scum and Villainy, Titans of Industry....it's a safe bet that Imperial Warlord is coming as well at some point.

http://www.torhead.com/guide/leak-1.5

Also, another Flashpoint, Kuat Drive Yards was confirmed by the developers, it is supposed to be role neutral and scheduled to launch in February. Patch 2.6 or 2.7 perhaps?

http://dulfy.net/2013/11/14/swtor-ea...e-asset-files/

The developers really hinted at new Huttball maps a while back but they also promised cross-server queues and look what happened to those. Also it's a logical conjucture that they won't leave GSF in its current embrionic state.
But what the future brings, we do not know for it is always in motion.
Turns out Makeb used to be Varl and there used to be class stories there. Also turns out the other planets are abandoned or at least the class stories there are.

That's it for me. Im out.

Elfa
01.09.2014 , 08:55 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by ZionHalcyon View Post
Turns out Makeb used to be Varl and there used to be class stories there. Also turns out the other planets are abandoned or at least the class stories there are.

That's it for me. Im out.
I remember when they said that SWTOR would be like Kotor 3,4 and 5. Apparently 5 was about endless daily grinding and tauntaun sales. Not the most riveting fiction, but better than the last Tom Cruise film.

EricMusco
01.09.2014 , 09:56 AM | #20 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Tyrth View Post
1.) A QOL adjustment, most likely around 2.7-2.8 allowing the ability to queue for both GSF AND WZ simultaneously...
This is actually coming in Game Update 2.6!

I can't comment on the rest of the list

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]