Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Regarding 2.6 operative / scoundrel changes (dev's post)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Scoundrel / Operative
Regarding 2.6 operative / scoundrel changes (dev's post)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Uber_the_Goober
01.09.2014 , 07:35 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Morde_ View Post
Damage wasn't the main issue. If they make no changes to survivability, dps OPs still won't be viable for arenas.
You were quoted in the dev tracker. So they do read this stuff...

Seriously Eric - put evasive imperative high in the concealment tree and add to it a boost for shield probe's absorb amount.

Bang. Done.
POT5 COMMANDO - CAPTAIN OBV'IOUS
SENTINEL - PICKLE'JAR

AMONG OTHERS...
See you in the warzones, muppets.

Icebergy
01.09.2014 , 07:42 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by ViciousFett View Post
This sums it up well. Ops need a reason not to spec OP heal spec. If no changes to Lethality, Medicine needs to be nerfed, HARD. Or perhaps just make the tank class' taunts reduce healing as well as damage, and extend the duration.
Nerfing a healing class "HARD" will have serious ramifications in PvE as well.
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

Glower
01.09.2014 , 07:47 AM | #73
Not a game-changer... but still good.

Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
You were quoted in the dev tracker. So they do read this stuff...

Seriously Eric - put evasive imperative high in the concealment tree and add to it a boost for shield probe's absorb amount.

Bang. Done.
^this
SWTOR goes F2P; 2014 PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)
2014 cantina, A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
2016 livestream: "RNG is exciting"

Kaos_KidSWTOR
01.09.2014 , 08:09 AM | #74
Great start Eric!

But, i think something similar to a marauder's Frenzied Sabers would help with defences for a Concealment Operative, something like this.

Defencive Slash: Hidden Strike, Backstab, and Lacerate have a 50%/100% to grant Defencive Slash, which increases damage reduction by 1%/2% Stacks up to 3 times, this effect lasts 12 seconds.

THAT would help Concealment in the defences part, and add 30% AoE damage reduction we would be in a good place defencively.

EricMusco
01.09.2014 , 09:44 AM | #75 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Nala View Post
So Lethality/Dirty Fighting aren't getting a DPS increase?
Here are the Lethality changes in 2.6.
  • Corrosive Microbes is now a single-point skill (down from 2), but still increases the chance for Corrosive Dart to tick twice when it deals damage by 25%.
  • Lethal Injectors is now a 2-point skill (up from 1), each point still increases the duration of Corrosive Dart by 3 seconds (so 2 points in the skill now increase the duration of Corrosive Dart by a total of 6 seconds, granting 2 additional ticks of damage).
Our current plan is to open PTS today or tomorrow. That is subject to change as always if we run into any issues, but you should be able to get your hands on the full patch notes and 2.6 soon!

-eric

PS for the Dirty Fighters:
  • Mortal Wound is now a single-point skill (down from 2) but still increases the chance for Vital Shot to tick twice when it deals damage by 25%.
  • Open Wound is now a 2-point skill (up from 1), but each point still increases the duration of Vital Shot by 3 seconds (so 2 points in the skill now increase the duration of Vital Shot by a total of 6 seconds, granting 2 additional ticks of damage).

Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

EricMusco
01.09.2014 , 09:59 AM | #76 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Our current plan is to open PTS today or tomorrow.

Fastest update after a post ever? We had an issue with the Game Update and so it will not be going on PTS today, we are still aiming for tomorrow.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

FoE_Khorne
01.09.2014 , 10:08 AM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterSLC View Post
Yes, most of the survivability is currently tied into the base class, but that wouldn't be too difficult to change. Examples: how hard would be it be to increase the dodge/evasion roll proc chance from 50% to 100%? Or df/lethality's kolto pack/infusion roll proc chance from 30%?
Yeah or move chem laced inlays to tier 2 of the concealment tree by tieing it in with inclement conditioning or scouting.

EnderSeventyFour
01.09.2014 , 10:30 AM | #78
  • Collateral Strike now has a 50/100% chance to trigger when Laceration is used (up from 35/70%).
  • Flying Fists now has a 50/100% chance to trigger when Sucker Punch is used (up from 35/70%).
I have a question regarding the quoted part.
Will Tactical Opportunity / Round two be changed as well, maybe reducing the chance that the Tactical Advantage/Upper Hand is given back ?
That would imply no need to Shiv/Blaster Whip. No TA/UH sink on poisoned/bleeding target seems too good to be true.

Did you intend to switch it to 35/70% in exchange (down from 50/100%) ?

That would remove the RNG in damage and energy, but keep the same number of TA/UH per fight.

DieGhostDie
01.09.2014 , 10:36 AM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by Transmet View Post
This parse by Carl isn't 'proof' of anything. It's a stationary target with 100% uptime. Dummy parses aren't intended for proving anything. If that were true, roll-bang snipers would be considered far and away the best class in the game.

Concealment fails on add packs, has no real gap closer for a single target dps spec, and has major energy issues after RNG. This buff will help with some of that, but it was in no way viable in ops prior to this patch.
Fair enough. Sorry I failed to see the logic in that.
WrldFrst Forum T-r0l powered by FrankerZ

Uber_the_Goober
01.09.2014 , 11:32 AM | #80
Here are the Lethality changes in 2.6.
  • Corrosive Microbes is now a single-point skill (down from 2), but still increases the chance for Corrosive Dart to tick twice when it deals damage by 25%.
  • Lethal Injectors is now a 2-point skill (up from 1), each point still increases the duration of Corrosive Dart by 3 seconds (so 2 points in the skill now increase the duration of Corrosive Dart by a total of 6 seconds, granting 2 additional ticks of damage).
Our current plan is to open PTS today or tomorrow. That is subject to change as always if we run into any issues, but you should be able to get your hands on the full patch notes and 2.6 soon!

-eric

PS for the Dirty Fighters:
  • Mortal Wound is now a single-point skill (down from 2) but still increases the chance for Vital Shot to tick twice when it deals damage by 25%.
  • Open Wound is now a 2-point skill (up from 1), but each point still increases the duration of Vital Shot by 3 seconds (so 2 points in the skill now increase the duration of Vital Shot by a total of 6 seconds, granting 2 additional ticks of damage).

Love the communication man...but is it at all possible for you to at least comment on WHY it's not feasible to simply move some talents around to improve dps survivability...for example my idea of taking evasive imperative OUT of the medicine tree and putting it into the concealment tree, along with a shield probe boost?

All I want to know is why the solution that APPEARS so stinking simple to us all...apparently has such mega problems for you guys? I'm prepared to be told I'm not perceiving things properly

And for the record...who on earth thought lethality operatives had a hard time getting damage numbers? ... they're the fluff kings after all. You (Bioware, not Musco...I know) gave them a bigger fluffball with those DOT adjustments.
POT5 COMMANDO - CAPTAIN OBV'IOUS
SENTINEL - PICKLE'JAR

AMONG OTHERS...
See you in the warzones, muppets.