Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Regarding 2.6 operative / scoundrel changes (dev's post)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Scoundrel / Operative
Regarding 2.6 operative / scoundrel changes (dev's post)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Luckeyduckey
01.07.2014 , 04:31 PM | #31
Suggested changes for Conc.

Lucky Number: Hidden Strike deals 30% more damage, and can be used when targets are below 30% health. Additionally, Cloaking Screen's cool down is reduced by 30 seconds.

Pursuer's Bane: Targets attacking the Operative receive a debuff, reducing their accuracy by 1% per stack. Stacks up to 10 times, and cannot occur more than once every 1.5 seconds. When the target reaches the 10th stack, they receive a periodic effect that deals x while the effect is active. Lasts 10 seconds.

Hidden Assassin: Cloaking Screen resets the cooldown of Explosive Probe, Backstab, and Hidden Strike, and increases the damage of the next Hidden Strike by 10%. Additionally, when Backstab or Acid Blade detonate explosive probe, the target suffers from Panic, reducing their damage dealt by 15% and damage taken by 15%.

Stiletto: Reduces the cooldown of backstab by 3 seconds, and increases it's damage by 5% per debuff (Pursuers Bane/Panic) or periodic effect placed by the operative (Acid Blade, Corrosive Dart)

Concealed Attacks additionally increases the critical chance by 30%/60% of Hidden Strike while stealthed.

Poisonous Intent: Increases the damage of Acid Blade by 15% and duration by 5 seconds.

Just some thoughts

EricMusco
01.08.2014 , 04:56 PM | #32 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Morde_ View Post
Damage wasn't the main issue. If they make no changes to survivability, dps OPs still won't be viable for arenas.
Hey everyone!

Although you will see the 2.6 patch notes fairly soon™, I wanted to show you guys the changes we have made for Concealment Ops and talk a bit about why you didn't see survivability changes yet. First the 2.6 changes!
  • Surgical Strikes now increases the damage dealt by Shiv, Overload Shot, and Backstab by 5% (up from 4%).
  • Collateral Strike now has a 50/100% chance to trigger when Laceration is used (up from 35/70%).
  • Culling now increases the damage dealt by Laceration and Collateral Strike by 3/6% (up from 2/4%) and recovers 4/8 energy whenever Collateral Strike damages an enemy target (down from 5/10).
  • Waylay now increases the damage dealt by Backstab by 5% (up from 4%).
  • Meticulously Kept Blades now additionally increases the critical damage dealt by Laceration by 10/20/30%, but no longer increases the critical damage dealt by Sever Tendon.
  • Calculated Frenzy no longer increases Alacrity when triggered, but now increases ranged and tech critical chance by 2/4/6% instead.
As you can see, there is quite a bit happening to increase Concealment damage in 2.6. Now, I know one of the things that came out of the brainstorming threads and the Class Reps was that you need survivability. I want to tell you that we don't disagree with that sentiment at all! The issue that stands currently is that most of the survivability of the Operative is tied into the base class. That means that if we increase Concealment survivability, we are also going to increase how hard it is to kill a Medicine Operative. That isn't ideal.

We are still exploring options but it will take a bit of time as we tackle increasing the DPS specs survivability without doing the same for Medicine.

Hope that makes sense!

-eric

For the Scoundrels checking in...
  • Scrappy now increases the damage dealt by Blaster Whip, Quick Shot, and Back Blast by 5% (up from 4%).
  • Flying Fists now has a 50/100% chance to trigger when Sucker Punch is used (up from 35/70%).
  • Turn the Tables now increases the damage dealt by Sucker Punch and Flying Fists by 3/6% (up from 2/4%) and recovers 4/8 energy whenever Flying Fists damages an enemy target (down from 5/10).
  • Sawed Off now increases the damage dealt by Back Blast by 5% (up from 4%).
  • Underdog now additionally increases the critical damage dealt by Sucker Punch by 10/20/30%, but no longer increases the critical damage dealt by Tendon Blast.
  • Rolling Punches no longer increases alacrity when triggered, but now increases ranged and tech critical chance by 2/4/6% instead.
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Master-Nala
01.08.2014 , 05:12 PM | #33
So Lethality/Dirty Fighting aren't getting a DPS increase?
Below this is my referral link. If you press it you get free stuff and I get free stuff. This makes you, me....and Bioware happy, but don't let that stop you!
Referral Link---> http://www.swtor.com/r/fDdy48 <---Referral Link

Luckeyduckey
01.08.2014 , 05:14 PM | #34
Not bad changes. I like the 100% proc change now, since using Sucker Punch w/o a proc is annoying (Love Sucker + Flying Fist). The Crit damage + Crit chance buff is well needed. The nerf to energy, at first, shocked me, but then I realized we proc it 100% of the time, so shouldn't be an issue. Overall, DECENT changes. Not great, but much MUCH better than 2.5... Hoping to see more soon. TBH, was hoping Waylay/Sawed off would be more like 15 or 20% instead of a 1% increase... Laceration's going to be hitting damn near close now, if not higher...

As for Lethality DPS increase, do they really need one? One of the top parsing specs already.

Master-Nala
01.08.2014 , 05:16 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Luckeyduckey View Post
As for Lethality DPS increase, do they really need one? One of the top parsing specs already.
It was a question, not a comment. I don't think the spec needs a damage increase either.
Below this is my referral link. If you press it you get free stuff and I get free stuff. This makes you, me....and Bioware happy, but don't let that stop you!
Referral Link---> http://www.swtor.com/r/fDdy48 <---Referral Link

Mugen_no_Jidai
01.08.2014 , 05:31 PM | #36
Technically, Leth/DF players spec into Surgical Strikes/Scrappy, so a very, very minor increase for skills that make up 15-18%ish of your DPS.

DrKlep
01.08.2014 , 06:20 PM | #37
The change to Flying Fists alone is a HUGE improvement. The disparity between the Flechette Round duration and the Backblast cooldown is still ridiculous, but this looks like a good set of changes.

znihilist
01.08.2014 , 06:30 PM | #38
Just add for concealment a talent that increase damage reduction from the shield defensive CD and one for lethality that give 30% damage reduction on aoe and an increased duration of the shield defensive CD.
SWTOR: KotFE, Rise of the Ehh I guess I'll get used to it eventually

Saregon
01.08.2014 , 06:31 PM | #39
Should've put backstab and backblast back to 9 second cooldown and let hidden strike and shoot first be useable out of stealth, but I didn't figure you guys would make any changes that actually make sense.
Never . Forget
RIP Orange Pixel of Doom

Here is my Referral Link -
http://www.swtor.com/r/R8kSmL - Click for Free Stuff!

dakisback
01.08.2014 , 06:37 PM | #40
These changes are really awesome... Thank you!
DakisbackMarkmanship Sniper Dakisbehindyou[AMR]Lethality Operative DakiscatImmortal Juggernaut Dakisaheadofyou Darkness Assassin
<The Revenant>
The Shadowlands