Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What about pre-equipping the Adaptive Armor scaled to level?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Cartel Market Suggestions
What about pre-equipping the Adaptive Armor scaled to level?

Spamfritter
01.05.2014 , 03:11 PM | #41
This makes no sense. You can buy a set of armor from the Cartel Market, or pull one out of collections and your stats using it will be a bit better than most of what you'll find until you hit about level 7 which is the time when you can start filling the adaptive orange gear with mods and thus the outfit you wear will always scale to your level.

The base stats on all the adaptive sets and orange gear is the same. To somehow buff this and make that buff scale would totally **** up the game's mechanics.
CE VIP

Tslok
01.05.2014 , 03:54 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Orlogg View Post
You bring up some good points.

In addition, it *is* hard to get proper mods if you
  1. want to keep up ALL your companions, and in addition
  2. want to have multiple gear sets for several companions

Indeed it gets boring, and also it will take a longer time to get to the point of simply being able to dress your companions up (and have them change every now and then). It would seem fair if the Cartel Store would somehow offer a customized solution for this. It sucks for people with not enough money, but the game isn't build on Marxist theories anyway. Besides, people who cannot afford this, are likely in the position of being unemployed, which means they have a lot more time than people who have jobs (and money) so it seems that both groups of customers would be catered this way. Those with jobs can take a short cut and buy commendations, and those without jobs can play the game 16 hrs a day, every day, to obtain their commendations in-game.

I think it might mildly hurt crafters, but not everybody will buy these commendations. Besides it might be a nice incentive for them to not overprice their products.
Hello again,

Yes I 100% agree with you !
About hurting crafters, i still can sell my low level crystals even if one can have them from collections, there are lots of ppl out there that are not paying for the cartel stuff ---my buyers
I'd love to see what the ppl at BW think about that.Any chance that you guys are reading this ?

edit:
@Orlogg or should we open a new thread ?

Orlogg
01.07.2014 , 09:16 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Spamfritter View Post
This makes no sense. You can buy a set of armor from the Cartel Market, or pull one out of collections and your stats using it will be a bit better than most of what you'll find until you hit about level 7 which is the time when you can start filling the adaptive orange gear with mods and thus the outfit you wear will always scale to your level.

The base stats on all the adaptive sets and orange gear is the same. To somehow buff this and make that buff scale would totally **** up the game's mechanics.
At what suggestion did you aim this reaction? Are you even in the right thread??

Orlogg
01.07.2014 , 09:20 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Tslok View Post
@Orlogg or should we open a new thread ?
You're free to open a new thread of course. Make sure to think of a better (less ambivalent, less multi-interpretable) title than I did!

I suspect many people who come here and write a reply, just read the title and/or some posts, while the points/objections they bring up are already addressed and/or explained/corrected. Of course, that can be expected when a thread begins to grow. For the thread starter, that is frustrating!

Too bad I can't close the thread.

Greyle
01.08.2014 , 10:17 AM | #45
I know you can get multiple sets of armor, and these are not the issue here. The multiple sets of item modifications you'd be needing - that's the issue!

In my opnion it *is* hard to get modifications for your adaptive armor if you wanna equip several (say) three of your companions. Even for one character I find that doing quests only make this possible every once in a few levels.

Let's say, per character you have about 5 Armorings and 1 Barrel slot (about 7 Planet Comms each), 6 Mod and 5 Enhancement shots (2 PC each). That means you'd need around 64 Planet comms to properly equip one character, and the same amount for each companion you want to dress up.

If you've hit the level cap, you won't be getting Planet Comms, and you'll be needing other item modifications anyway, that you can buy with the other currrency, of which you even get less as measured to what you'd need!

Am I such a bad player that I find that rather much?? If so, please tell me what I'm doing wrong. Unless you need to be playing 14 hours a day, seven days a week... BTW Maybe Heroics reward a multitude of PCs? I almost never do these...
Actually it's not hard at all. I've managed to equip not only myself but all of my companions with lvl 66-69 mods. You just have to think outside the box.
Darth Kaa'tana 50 Juggernaut Master G'reyle 55 Guardian
Master Judaes 50 Sentinel Darth Venim 50 Marauder
Darth An'ath 50 Sorcerer Darth G'alen 55 Juggernaut

Orlogg
01.08.2014 , 11:00 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Greyle View Post
Actually it's not hard at all. I've managed to equip not only myself but all of my companions with lvl 66-69 mods.
I am actually getting more and more, but it will take rather long.

And I thought becomng a Sith implied taking the fast 'n' easy path...

Quote: Originally Posted by Greyle View Post
You just have to think outside the box.
You mean like... getting a job at the Sand Speeder Wash at Mos Ila??

Greyle
01.08.2014 , 01:07 PM | #47
I am actually getting more and more, but it will take rather long.

And I thought becomng a Sith implied taking the fast 'n' easy path...

You mean like... getting a job at the Sand Speeder Wash at Mos Ila??
Whatever it takes.
Darth Kaa'tana 50 Juggernaut Master G'reyle 55 Guardian
Master Judaes 50 Sentinel Darth Venim 50 Marauder
Darth An'ath 50 Sorcerer Darth G'alen 55 Juggernaut

Spamfritter
01.08.2014 , 01:37 PM | #48
At what suggestion did you aim this reaction? Are you even in the right thread??
I misunderstood. I thought someone was asking for gear that scaled to level which didn't make sense to me as the gear already scales based on whatever you put in it. I didn't realize that people wanted to make this game even easier than it is by being able to buy their gear with Cartel Coins. Even if it is for companions this is a BAD idea.

Buying already modded gear with Cartel Coins brings the game into a pay to win type situation. I'll never support that. People are whining that it's too hard to get gear for your companions. It isn't. Between left over commendations and gear drops most of my companions are at least 69's or better with many being in the 72/78 range. And I don't even play the game as much as a lot of others do. I logon for raids and little else. I never do dailies or even flashpoints. Joining 16 man SM groups gets you commendations pretty damn fast. Doing this gets you full Oriconian pretty fast. Elite commendations can be used to gear up your favorite companion pretty quickly.

It's about how you spend your time in the game. Some people don't have gear that play 10 hours a day. Those people craft, level alts or whatever and that never gets you gear and only costs credits. Raiding gets you gear faster than anything else.

And as for the comments about crafting being hurt by this ludicrous idea, no it wouldn't. BioWare already killed the profitability of crafting when they prevented crafters from making the top tier of gear available for reverse engineering. At one level behind it was still somewhat profitable but not like it was. Now that your basically two tiers of gear back from the top tier crafting for anything other than cosmetic items is essentially useless.
CE VIP

Orlogg
01.08.2014 , 02:51 PM | #49
@Spamfritter: thanks for the reply.

I didn't realize that people wanted to make this game even easier than it is by being able to buy their gear with Cartel Coins.
Gear *is* already sold by the Cartel Store. Those armor sets are just not readily usable.

Even if it is for companions this is a BAD idea.

Buying already modded gear with Cartel Coins brings the game into a pay to win type situation. I'll never support that.
I can sympathize with that, and even partly agree to it. It has even been addressed in this thread (and even in the OP already), the reason I wish I were able to have it locked.

Yet, as Tslok said: time is money. Eventually you wlll be having all the gear you want, but why shouldn't a shortcut to that situation not be allowed to be sold as well? It's not so much a pay-to-win scenario, but a pay-to-not-having-to-spend-that-much-time-on-dailies-etc scenario. People might frown upon it, but it would be optional and not mandatory.
And he got a more elegant suggestion than mine, although I suspect also at least as controversial: have the Cartel Store sell Commendations.

Meanhwile, I personally I am learning to cope, and I'm actually enjoying gathering the modifications through the various means the game offers, so the matter is now academic to me, so to speak.