Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

If new Class Story is so costly, why can't they just sell it in the cartel market?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
If new Class Story is so costly, why can't they just sell it in the cartel market?

Zorvan
01.07.2014 , 09:49 PM | #21

ZionHalcyon
01.07.2014 , 11:06 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Zorvan View Post
lol

So you want the one guy who does the "daily story" to make all the class stories ( 8 of them ), which were all written by different people to begin with?

Do I want more class stories? Sure.

Do I want a bunch of generic fodder with none of the varying styles and nuances the original writers gave the original class stories? Nope.

Do i want my characters to all suddenly be mutes because their voices no longer exist, and I don't think Frank and Sally from the mailroom can adequately replace the originals? Nope.

Do i want my now mutie character to have to deal with d-grade actors portraying throw-away minor villains/heroes because the original grade-AAA villains/heroes no longer have their actors? Nope.

And do i want more PvP? I'm the guy who was begging in beta for them to make the game PvE only. I'm the guy who still asks for all PvP to be removed from PvE servers. If I want PvP, I'll bang my neighbors old lady then show him the pictures. So, um, you really went off track with that one, didn't ya?
It was a smart *** remark to a guy being a smart *** and knows he's just doing it to pat himself on the back over what a smart *** he can be.

I save my more intelligent thoughts for more intelligent posters - especially ones with literary skills above a grade school level and because they actually read the first post instead of leaping to conclusions, and would have thought twice about making the dumb post you did about who is going to make a cartel sellable class quest - already covered, post 1, costs considered and everything.

Zorvan
01.07.2014 , 11:21 PM | #23

Reno_Tarshil
01.07.2014 , 11:30 PM | #24
Here's why it won't work.

These Forums. The last time anything remotely lore related was added to the market the forums exploded into a volcano of rage and hatred and forced Eric to say they would never do that again.

I would like more class stories, but this would just ensure we never get them again.
Supposed Member of "The Forum Apologist 5!" According to "The Reno_Tarshil Forum Fan Brigade!"
Quote:
I like Tacos.
http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free Tacos.

arunav
01.07.2014 , 11:31 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Grand_Nagus View Post
The problem with this idea is that some professions are simply more popular than others. In turn, certain professions story content would makes lots of money, while others wouldnt. In turn, Bioware would "follow the money" and make lots of content for the popular professions, and only a little for the not so popular ones. So the end results of such an idea would be the most popular professions having lots of content packs, while the not so popular professions would only have a few.
I don't think this would be a huge problem - most people that stick with the game play through most of the classes, at least to see the story up to 50. It takes a long time, but this is an MMO.

BioWare has the statistics, but the influx of new players in guilds and questions about alts on fleet seem to confirm it as best as we can know.

tekhiun
01.08.2014 , 01:39 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by LtGeneralGezlin View Post
Bioware tried this already, when they put the Datacubes in the Cartel Packs. The forums got p-oed about it, saying that Lore doesn't belong there. I'm pretty sure they'd get ever angrier if BW sold Class Story content in the CM.
It's quite different selling something as a direct purchase, than putting on a gambling pack. I would imagine this wouldn't be done in the "story packs" model, where you would have the chance to get the story line you wanted and if you got one you didnt need you would just dish it out on the gtn, but more like a mini expansion sort of feature.
Star Wars: Attack of the Cartel.

AshlaBoga
01.08.2014 , 03:01 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by tekhiun View Post
It's quite different selling something as a direct purchase, than putting on a gambling pack. I would imagine this wouldn't be done in the "story packs" model, where you would have the chance to get the story line you wanted and if you got one you didnt need you would just dish it out on the gtn, but more like a mini expansion sort of feature.
If they did add Class Story Packs I'd prefer them to not costs CCs. After all, RotHC didn't cost CCs, it cost real money. Seems more palatable that way.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

Lord_of_Mu
01.08.2014 , 03:26 AM | #28
I'm inclined to follow the same train of thought as one of the earlier posters. Why not just go with a larger paid expansion? You could throw in a few planets, some class story, new game features and a bunch of system improvements.

And you could sell it on a three tier system and offer a discount to subs on the top two tiers. That way Subs and free players can buy the cheapest basic expansion for the same price, but subs get a reduction for digital deluxe and collectors edition.

Once the expansion nears the end of it's life cycle, reduce the overall price to a quarter of the price previously listed and do the same for the deluxe to both subs and free players.

Merwanor
01.08.2014 , 05:11 AM | #29
I would gladly pay for more class stories, it is the one thing that makes this game unique. And it is just sad that the developers and EA made end game boring and like every other MMO.
The Dark Side of the Force is the pathway to many abilities some consider to be… Unnatural.

Alec_Fortescue
01.08.2014 , 05:19 AM | #30
I wouldn't say that lore doesn't belong to cartel market. The problem with the cubes was that they were random drops from gambling boxes!!!

And if you really think it doesn't belong in CM, there is also swtor.com/buy :]